Do you have any fun activities to pass the time by while waiting in line?

_Scar

Original Poster
Simple question.

I need some ideas. :lol:

Usually I just try to find clever ways to sit down without actually sitting on the floor lol, but that's just boring!

What about you?

wdwwdeagle

People-watching games are fun.
They can be very innocent, like a sort of "I spy" -- find someone wearing a Yankees shirt, or someone with pink sneakers.
Or they can be more sinister.... someone who is clearly sporting a toupee, or someone who looks like they just rolled out of bed and decided to spend the day at WDW, or the woman with the most uncomfortable-looking footwear.
Both versions are fun; it all just depends on what kind of group you're with. Now that I have kids, we play the more innocent type; back when we were younger, Mr. Eagle and I opted for the more sinister variety.

MillerPoppins

We always end up making friends in line. Generally we end up talking to someone in back of us or in front of us. Now I know not everyone is a fan of that, so other then that we talk about what the "game plan" will be after that attraction or talk about what our favorites have been so far on the trip.

Raven66

We actually do a lot of talking to each other. But now that my daughter has a cell phone, she will probably not participate very much in the conversations. :lol: She will probably text her friends about how dorky we are.

the-reason14

No tips sorry, other than get a fastpass as thats where I be most of the time :lol: But there will come a time when I absolutely have to wait in some sort of line, and depending on the ride, Ill either browse the web on my phone or listen to music. I usually bring stuff with me just for waiting in line but never really use it just because I hardly wait in line.

LoriMistress

It's rare that we wait in line longer then 20 minutes. But DH and I just normally people watch, or just start quoting stuff from our favorite shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.

PixyDust

We chat...but my kids also are not without their PSP and DSi. I found a great waterproof bag I'm going to buy before our next trip because I'm always worried they aren't going to survive Kali.

So I would say video games. I like to people-watch as well.

KevinFlynn

I don't know...pay attention to the queues? WDI themed them for a reason!:lol:

Seriously, you pick up a lot of great details/story elements you would otherwise lose when you don't pay attention.

Obviously it doesn't work for queues like the ones in Fantasyland, but most have awesome details if you look for them.

happymom52003

We also refuse to wait in lines longer than 20 minutes, so we usually do not need anything to entertain us, but sometimes I use the time to look at my pictures on my camera that I have taken so far that day and delete the ones that I do not want to keep. Other than that, I love to just people watch, or we talk about the different things we want to do the rest of the day.

Alexx

I usually talk with my family and look around the queue and take note of stuff but NOW I have my Iphone so next time I go, I'll probably watch stuff on there or listen to music or play some games.

Erin_Akey

My hubby and I usually chit chat and people watch. Our kids usually are texting friends or using their PSP's.

We like to look for hidden Mickey's and see if we can spot the most outrageous hairdo of the day, or outfit etc. Our life and jobs at home are so crazy busy that we actually love using that time to just be relaxed and talk to each other about silly stuff.

We also will usually make friends with someone else in line near us. We are both very outgoing and social.

I'd still rather be in the longest line at Disney than back home at work!:D

Katiex4

Besides the obvious (ipod, cell phone, plan out what you'll do next, etc.) I think its fun to make new friends in line! Sometimes you'll meet some pretty funny people and they can tell you about anything they're seen or done. One warning; I find that some people I talk to give me bad information (i.e. at magic kingdom one day a family told us that star tours is the most popular ride at DHS and that we must must MUST get our fastpasses there early... not exactly)

Susan Savia

I like to just look at people, listen to their conversations, watch the kids climbing all over the rails, discuss what/where we'll do next, make notes on my journal, etc.

glee

Talk and mess around. Thankfully the rides usually have interesting things to look at or do when waiting in line. :)

DrummerAlly

Aside from enjoying the theming...

I'm a physics teacher and my fiance is also a gigantic science nerd. We enjoy discussing the physics of the rides in line. We sometimes make back of the envelope calculations (How fast are we moving at the bottom of SM, how strong do the cables for TT have to be, etc). This is when I come up with some of my best ideas for fun questions or activities for my physics students. Last year I had my students estimate the tension in the cables that could be used to pull down ride vehicles on TT (since the cars accelerate at a rate greater than gravity). 45 minutes in line brings about these ideas for me.

Wait.... thats not dorky is it?...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom