Do you have a favorite character experience?

Tiggerfanatic

On our last morning in '92, we were doing the Character breakfast at the Contemporary (remember when it was kind of open and in the middle of the resort?) Anyway, I was sitting with my back to the restaurant, while DH and DD3 were facing out. Since I couldn't see behind me, Tigger was making a big production about sneaking up to our table, making shushing motions and exaggerated tiptoe steps. When he got to me, he grabbed me by the shoulders, and I must have jumped a mile in the air. Everyone around us just cracked up, and we still count it as one of our favorite memories.

celticdog

December of 1991. I was just minding my own business just sitting on a bench waiting for my sister's kids to get done riding Dumbo, when low and behold Maid Marion came and plopped down right next to me. She proceeded to flirt with me. Somewhere I've got a picture.

Dragonrider1227

Back in 2005 when Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was still performing, characters would come down in front of the castle and do pictures/autographs in between shows. I was waiting to meet Mickey and when I got up to him, all of a sudden he dropped down to his knee! It was soooo cute, and I got the best picture of it too (it is my current avatar picture). Such a great moment.
I LOVE IT! THAT'S GREAT! I hope Minnie didn't find out XD
Speaking of Minnie, in '90 when my little brother had to be no more than 3 or 4, we were at a character breakfast and the characters hadn't come to our table yet and he was starting to get upset about it until Minnie came and he was s excited he just babbled a blustreak at him to the point where she actually shrugged at us. I thought it was funny.
We also have a moment on video where Donald at Chef Mickeys actually comes in and covers our camera with a napkin XD http://youtube.com/watch?v=qe6-iIMv8pY look at frame 2:23.

joanna71985

I LOVE IT! THAT'S GREAT! I hope Minnie didn't find out XD
Speaking of Minnie, in '90 when my little brother had to be no more than 3 or 4, we were at a character breakfast and the characters hadn't come to our table yet and he was starting to get upset about it until Minnie came and he was s excited he just babbled a blustreak at him to the point where she actually shrugged at us. I thought it was funny.
We also have a moment on video where Donald at Chef Mickeys actually comes in and covers our camera with a napkin XD http://youtube.com/watch?v=qe6-iIMv8pY look at frame 2:23.

Oh don't worry, she didn't. After the picture he got up, put his finger to his mouth, and did the "shhhh" motion. Then when I was going through the breezeway, all the characters were going in (including Mickey and Minnie). He looked at Minnie, back at me, and did the same thing again. It was great!

TTFN-Tiggger

Oh - to pick one out of many - because I always enjoy having fun goofing around with the characters. Favorites would be this past May at Epcot- wish I could remember what I said to Chip and Dale but the next thing I knew they were both down on one knee, each had one of my hands and were kissing my hand.

elcodfish

Character Connections

In 2004 my boyfriend (now husband) and I were eating at Cinderella's castle by the windows, and I see Peter Pan go by the window. I tell my husband, and he tells me I am crazy. I then see Peter Pan again, and my husband again goes to tell me I've lost it and that maybe I've been at WDW too long when Captain Hook runs by, then Peter Pan comes back over and waves at me. We had a good laugh over that...

Erica

chels26

back in '97, my brother was about..3 years old. And he still had his "passie" and wouldn't let any one touch it for the LIFE of him. One morning, we were eating breakfast at 1900 park fare when Minnie Mouse, his at the time favorite, came over with a plate of M&M's. She pointed as the passie and then the M&M's as if it were a trade. Connor wanted nothing to do with it though, he loooved that passie. He then got off his chair and went to another table(because we had 4 tables of family) and she followed him and, being that he was young, he got on the ground. And minnie mouse for on the ground right there with him and started tickleing him. He finally gave up and gave her his beloved passie. And he never had it again lol. To this day, we still joke about how "Minnie wrestled connor for his passie"

dragonfox98

Thank you all for sharing your stories - these are really great!

I have so many great memories of my kids with the characters, particularly with Chip and Dale who spent a great deal of time playing with my two kids (DD7.5 & DS6) during our April 2006 trip.

However, on a personal note, my favorite character interaction was with Robin Hood right outside the Emporium. I have a fox tattooed on my left shoulder and usually wear tank tops that show it off (hence, why I got the tattoo). Needless to say, foxes are important and special to me and Robin Hood has always been one of my favorite characters since I was a little girl (so is Todd!).

Anyway, I stood in line waiting for my turn while my kids looked at the windows of the Emporium (yes, Mommy did it all by herself - you can actually see my daughter's back in the photo). Well, as I was walking up to Robin Hood, the CM standing there saw my tattoo and whirled me around to point it out to Robin. Well, Robin was just ecstatic and seemed to really like the tat. Gave me the thumbs up and hugged me tight. It really made my day.

Here's the pic:
Mel_with_Robin_Hood.jpg

Back in '99, MK, around the teacups. My family and I are in line for the Queen of Hearts. I (age 10) go up to the Queen, curtesy and she signs my autograph book and I go to sit over on a fence by my parents. My sister (age 6) goes right after me, does exactly the same thing I did, but after signing the book, the Queen threw the pen behind her! I think my sister stood there in disbelief, but I called from where I was sitting "Hey! Give that back!" Now, the Queen doesn't like taking orders, so she marches up to me and glares down at me with her hands on her hips. I, in turn, cross my arms in front of me and glare up at her from my seat on the fence. My mom managed to take a picture and the best part of this scene--there are storm clouds in the background.

To see the pic --> http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=therellbesquallsaheadcj3.jpg

Either that, or this June, on a Disney Cruise, I saw Peter Pan (my fav character) about 10 times! First, in Shutters (photo store) a door opens and peter's head appears and says "hi!" door closes, then opens again for a couple more times in his crazy game of peek-a-boo. Then, he and Wendy were in the main atrium area so my sister and I got a picture with both of them. then we ran and grabbed our friends who were with us and got more pictures. finally, the same peter was in Disney Dreams, and he waved at me as I sat in the front row.:D :D :D :D

hankhill

Character Special Meets

These are the most fun when unexpected. We were in Epcot last May and as we are making our way around the WS my 7 and 9 year old daughters want to by a Chinese fan and parasol respectively as souvenirs. As we continue to walk the WS we come to the International Gate to find Chip and Dale hanging out on the ramp completely by themselves. The girls go over and a picture is taken replete with the Parasol and Chinese fan.
Chip and Dale then take the parasol and fan and begin to skip and dance with the girls into the back garden of the UK pavilion and play ring around the rosey around the Mary Poppins topiary for about 10 minutes. I will post the pictures tonite but I have to say that is only one of the best. Its not about autograph collecting and waiting in lines. It is about coming into contact with special people who make the magic come to life. :)

jimjjr

Just don't know how to rank them, but this one stands out. Last year we were there during the free dining promotion and the little ones magic time. We got there for our last morning and went in and got on Dumbo and my daughter (then 5) rode with Stitch. He was hamming it up and having a ball, as was Sara Kate. (Her birthday party had been Lilo and Stitch, so this fit so so well!) All of our character interactions have been wonderful, but this one really stands out.

Shere_Khan

My favorite is always meeting Prince John, I absolutely love him!

But this past time I would have to say I got so lucky to see Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella behind the castle. They had a fairly short line and I just had to jump in there.
They were so in character it was hilarious. They kept yelling at little kids who were laughing at them, they would ask any of the women if they knew of any eligible men, and they would flirt with the husbands in front of their wives. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a while.
Here is the picture I took with them, I love their faces!

DisneyTrip07033.jpg

joanna71985

In 2004 my boyfriend (now husband) and I were eating at Cinderella's castle by the windows, and I see Peter Pan go by the window. I tell my husband, and he tells me I am crazy. I then see Peter Pan again, and my husband again goes to tell me I've lost it and that maybe I've been at WDW too long when Captain Hook runs by, then Peter Pan comes back over and waves at me. We had a good laugh over that...

Erica

Sounds like you were there during Cinderella's Surprise Celebration. Peter and Hook both run around on the castle during the show.

Its not about autograph collecting and waiting in lines. It is about coming into contact with special people who make the magic come to life. :)

You are so right!:)

My favorite is always meeting Prince John, I absolutely love him!

But this past time I would have to say I got so lucky to see Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella behind the castle. They had a fairly short line and I just had to jump in there.
They were so in character it was hilarious. They kept yelling at little kids who were laughing at them, they would ask any of the women if they knew of any eligible men, and they would flirt with the husbands in front of their wives. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a while.
Here is the picture I took with them, I love their faces!

DisneyTrip07033.jpg

They are the best! I got a picture with them during P&P in March, and they were great! They were fawning around my friend's boyfriend, asked another friend if she was a plate of sushi (she was dressed as Ariel in the villiage-scene dress) and "attempted" to sing Happy Birthday- I am amazed that no one over at the TTC heard them.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom