Do you have a favorite character experience?

fmingo36

Original Poster
One of my favorite character experience was when i got off the WDW railroad
in Mickey's Toon Town and there before my very eyes were 6 of the seven dwarfs (Doc was still in the mines working). It was great. It was so unexpected. There were no crowds and the dwarfs were very playful. I got some great pictures and a wonderful memory.

happymom52003

On our last night of our kid's first WDW trip, we decided to ride POTC one last time before leaving. We were next in line to board, and out of nowhere comes Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, and they rode the ride with us. And what made it extra special is that Mr. Smee was my son's (age four at the time) favorite character. Before our trip I asked him which character he was most excited about meeting, and he said Mr. Smee! It was the perfect magical moment to end an already perfect vacation.

fmingo36

Original Poster
What a great story!!!
I would love to get to ride a ride with one o the characters.
I was waiting in line for the TeaCups and Alice and the Mad Hatter got on with people just before I got on. I was soooooooooo jealous.

Yoop33

The last time the old lady and I went to MVMCP we had a little compitition to see how many of the chararters would approach us during the parade. If I remember correctly she got a hug, and a kiss on the hand while I was given a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It was fun but the only problem was that we didn't know if it was a boy or girl in the costume!!! haha

joanna71985

Back in 2005 when Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was still performing, characters would come down in front of the castle and do pictures/autographs in between shows. I was waiting to meet Mickey and when I got up to him, all of a sudden he dropped down to his knee! It was soooo cute, and I got the best picture of it too (it is my current avatar picture). Such a great moment.

LoriMistress

I had some great moments. The time at WDW we had great experiences with The Genie. We were on our honeymoon and the Genie would suggest that I should dump Jeff for me.

At DLR, there were many, but one of them was when Donald Duck (my favorite), gave me a flower because he loved me! I kept the flower for three days until it died and smelled bad.

DisneyGigi

Mine would have to be Pluto on our 2000 trip. My kids had bought the little Pluto stuffed animals that the characters could sign when we saw him & Goofy at AK. Pluto was just so thrilled when he saw them :ROFLOL: which made the kids even more excited naturally. He kept hugging DS and tickling him during the pics and it was so cute. I was videotaping and he ran up to me and got right up to the camera and "licked it". I have some pics on my laptop of it that I will upload after we get back from this trip.

Alexx

Mine was on my birthday with stitch. He linked onto my arm and he was pointing to my badge(which said happy birthday) and then he was giving me hugs and then he got everyone to sing happy birthday to me and then somebody from the tommorowland transit thing shout "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and the photographer said maybe if you be nice to her she'll take you for a birthday dinner with her lol. Then he pointed to me and then to him, and I said "Yeah no problem" then he gave me another hug. Then we got a photo taken together and then he linked arms with me and started to walk off with me lol. It was awesome. I'll try and find a photo

fmingo36

Original Poster
Back in 2005 when Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was still performing, characters would come down in front of the castle and do pictures/autographs in between shows. I was waiting to meet Mickey and when I got up to him, all of a sudden he dropped down to his knee! It was soooo cute, and I got the best picture of it too (it is my current avatar picture). Such a great moment.

Love the picture!

Jessie&Buzz

In July 2003 we went under the Disney Armed Forces Salute. We had 10 of us in our group with 4 kids. My son was only 5 months old at the time. We waited at Mickey's Judges Tent for Cinderella and Aurora. We were the last of the group to be let in at the time (they only let so many people in the room at once). Since there were 10 of us we hung back a little to let the other families have their turn. Next thing we knew we were all alone with Cinderella, Aurora and the mice. The mice needed a "cheese break" so the CM told us to hang out. Cinderella wouldn't let go of my son. Aurora told her that it was time for her to have her own baby since it had been 50 some years already! :lol: We were probably in with them for a good 20 minutes. It was so magical. The little girls in our group loved it. Here's my daughter (5 at the time) and son (5 months). Sorry the quality isn't great. It was before we got our digital camera!

cinderella03.jpg

drew81

That is so cool!

On a similar note the Queen of Hearts once bowed to me in a picture after Surprise Celebration...

goalman43

2 year ago my now wife and I went for 6 days following my graduation from pharmacy school. being the big kids that we are we went to have Character breakfast at Cape May. Well we were doing our usual bit of eating and taking pictures with the characters when over walks Goofy. Well me, being the insane Cubs fan that I am, had on my Cubs hat. So Goofy sees this and plops himself down next to me at our table. He then points at my hat and gives me a thumbs up. He then proceeds to spend the next 5 -10 minutes talking Cubs baseball with me. Now he did not actually speak, so dont get too excited, but he broke out the crayons and started writing observations and questions about the team on our paper table cloth. It was great! We've always had good times at character meals, but being a childless couple we dont get, nor expect a ton of attention form the characters. This was just a complete surprise, and definitely a magical moment.

DznyChick

I remember, as a little girl LOVING Belle. So, naturally I wanted to meet her more than anything on my first trip to WDW. After standing in a painfully slow and long line, I finally got to her and presented her with a picture I had drawn of her. She responded by giving me a huge kiss on the cheek. All day, I had a giant red lipstick mark on my cheek,lol. In every one of our vacation photos, there it is. :)

Pocamahontas

I actually got to meet Pocahontas this month at the P&PP.
Actually my boyfriend was really great about it and waited in line without complaint, he insisted we wait...(even when I tried to pass it off like we didn't have to)
It was amazinggg!
And she even said "you look like you could be from my tribe!" (hugeeee compliment!)):D
heres a picture..
P1010373.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom