Do you Gain or Lose Weight When You Visit WDW?

Do you Gain or Lose Weight when you go to WDW?

• Total voters

JustInTime

When I was larger I would gain weight but now that I have lost over 60 pounds and I make healthier choices, I lose weight when I am there. It's nice.

sweetpee_1993

Both times we did the DDP I gained no less than 10 lbs even with all the walking. When not on the DDP I generally gained more like 2-5 lbs.

Weight is something I fight with every day. At home I mostly watch what I eat, cook carefully, exercise regularly, etc. On vacation in the past I let myself be on vacation entirely. Trying to shift away from that. On our upcoming 3-night cruise getaway I'm going to change this up a bit and stick with my running schedule. :)

luv

I think people who never get off the couch might lose or break even. People who exercise on a regular basis might break even or gain.

A lot depends on how much you normally exercise and what you eat. Disney makes it very easy to indulge, lol.

I always said, "The hell with it; I'm eating whatever I want" and generally had a few pounds to work off at the end of a trip, even with the walking and swimming. For me, the Key Lime pies, Strawberry Shortcakes, cheesy potatoes, ribs, puffed French toast and churros were worth it. :)

Goofyernmost

I lose...Don't know why because I surely don't pay any attention to what I'm eating or even care if it had a million calories (besides my Mother always told me that when you're on vacation, nothing has calories). I have never found a Mickey Bar that I could walk past, but other then that and the occasional Dole Whip Float, I don't really do a lot of snacking when in the parks. Disney obsession with profit makes it so that the portions at the counter service locations are not overwhelming and when you couple that with the massive amount of walking...it's better then Weight Watchers.:confused:

Goofyernmost

Both times we did the DDP I gained no less than 10 lbs even with all the walking. When not on the DDP I generally gained more like 2-5 lbs.

Weight is something I fight with every day. At home I mostly watch what I eat, cook carefully, exercise regularly, etc. On vacation in the past I let myself be on vacation entirely. Trying to shift away from that. On our upcoming 3-night cruise getaway I'm going to change this up a bit and stick with my running schedule. :)

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but a cruise is not the place to worry about weight loss. There is no end to the temptation on a ship. A cruise contains five essential ingredients... A boat, Lot's of Water and FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!:eek:

sweetpee_1993

Don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but a cruise is not the place to worry about weight loss. There is no end to the temptation on a ship. A cruise contains five essential ingredients... A boat, Lot's of Water and FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!:eek:

Nah. If a cruise was nothing to do but eat I'd never go. Eating is purely a love/hate thing for me. I adore sweets! I loooove to eat until I'm about to pop. But then there's the discomfort and self-loathing that comes with it. I used to think cruises were the equivalent of being trapped at a floating smorgasbord. Prevented me from even considering it for years. But then, I went on a Disney cruise. Boy was I wrong! There's toooons to do all day and into the night. There's definitely healthy food options for when you have to peel yourself away from the fun long enough to refuel. My battle does still tend to be with overindulging on the deserts. And partaking of adult beverages which is something I rarely do because it's empty calories. I'm thinking of asking our servers to only bring me half portions of anything. LOL! Ah, there's also early morning running out on deck...no better scenery than watching the sun come up from out on the water! I'm challenging myself this time. I bet I can do it!

luv

Nah. If a cruise was nothing to do but eat I'd never go. Eating is purely a love/hate thing for me. I adore sweets! I loooove to eat until I'm about to pop. But then there's the discomfort and self-loathing that comes with it. I used to think cruises were the equivalent of being trapped at a floating smorgasbord. Prevented me from even considering it for years. But then, I went on a Disney cruise. Boy was I wrong! There's toooons to do all day and into the night. There's definitely healthy food options for when you have to peel yourself away from the fun long enough to refuel. My battle does still tend to be with overindulging on the deserts. And partaking of adult beverages which is something I rarely do because it's empty calories. I'm thinking of asking our servers to only bring me half portions of anything. LOL! Ah, there's also early morning running out on deck...no better scenery than watching the sun come up from out on the water! I'm challenging myself this time. I bet I can do it!
Good for you! Keep it up!

I struggle to maintain, too. The older you get, the harder it seems to be.

I think you'll do well on your cruise! :)

NeedMoreMickey

All depends if we use DDP where we tend to eat too much food. There is no way I eat that much food when I'm at home and I don't usually eat dessert at every meal either. The last time we used the DDP I left food on my plate and asked to have my dessert wrapped and took it with me, sometimes I ate it sometimes not. That trip I stayed about even.

Britt

I lost 4 lbs. With all the walking and eating healthier choices, and smaller portions and ALL that water drank, it came off easily. I'd lost 18 lbs before going as well, so it put me at that 22 lb mark :D

hellowonderland

Hmmm. I think I just maintained my weight on our last trip but we stayed off property and I ate pretty healthily -- with a few treats thrown in. Didn't really snack at all.

On our upcoming Disneymoon, I fully expect to gain. Despite all the walking. I've found that exercise really doesn't count out all those drinks and trips to F&W booths. It's just like Jillian Michaels says: "“Look, it’s simple math. You run, you burn 500 calories; you eat a slice of pizza, you’re f-ed.” So charming, and so true. ;-)

wdwfan4ver

I gained wright at WDW due to the DDP and not being careful what I eat. The good news for me is I was not past my ideal weight even with the weight I gained at WDW.

I actually eat more healthier at home because I have to watch my cholesterol and that means I already lost 3 pounds of the weight I gained.

lostpro9het

We find that even though the DDP has us eating more than usual, all the walking and water we take in offsets the food. So we break even.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have weighed myself before and after a couple of trips and each time I broke even. Now when I take all-inclusive vacations to the beach I usually have gained about 5-10 pounds even though I exercise. Maybe that is a sign that I should only take Disney vacations! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom