do what you do best - A little help please guys!

Missin_Disney

I'm planning a surprise honeymoon for my wife to be in October 2009 and need a little advice about where to stay.

The plan is to arrive 12th or 13th October 2009 and spend 7 days in the World.

Now the important bit.

I am looking to stay at either Wilderness Lodge (we've stayed there before and loved it) AKL, Yacht & Beach or maybe Swan & Dolphin (although i've read reviews saying it lacks the 'disney' touch)
I have read a lot of reviews already and all have good points, but i just want it to be perfect.

Which would you guys recommend for:

Theming
Transport (as we wont be having a car)
Room Size
Pool / beach (want to relax a bit too)
Best for a bit of romance

Is there a chance of getting an upgraded room if we mention at the time we check in that we are on our honeymoon? (the wedding will have drained the finances quite a bit by then)

Also are there any US public holidays in October that would make the parks really busy.

And finally, as we plan to eat at all the places we havent eaten before is the Dining plan (counter service and 'standard') worth the money??

Sorry its so much but i know all you disney 'nuts' love sharing your advice and experience :ROFLOL:;)

Thanks in advance

krankenstein

Thanks so much to all of you.

Have just booked 7 nights at the Yacht Club with 7 day passes for us both with the DDP. :sohappy:

God i cant wait, how on earth am i going to keep this a secret for the next year!!!! :ROFLOL::shrug:

Thanks again everybody

w00t!! I think you will be very happy. I'm looking forward to your trip report! :wave:

Upvote 0

Missin_Disney

Original Poster
Thanks again guys all your information was invaluable, just wondering how im gonna keep it a secret for nearly a year, im terrible at keepin em and as im sure you all know, its so exciting planning a trip to WDW.

Im now lookin at plannin meals with our DDP and doing a few things that we havent done before.

OK Silly question time.

I know Epcot is only a short walk away and i've always loved the dining there, but if you wanna go there and have a meal in the evening and havent already been to a park that day, that counts as one of your entry days right??? i should know the answer to this as have been going since 1989 but im a little confused now

Upvote 0
Yes, you need to enter the park to dine at Epcot, so it counts. If you arrive the night before you want to start using your tickets, try dining at the boardwalk or at one of the resorts!

Have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Thanks again guys all your information was invaluable, just wondering how im gonna keep it a secret for nearly a year, im terrible at keepin em and as im sure you all know, its so exciting planning a trip to WDW.

Im now lookin at plannin meals with our DDP and doing a few things that we havent done before.

OK Silly question time.

I know Epcot is only a short walk away and i've always loved the dining there, but if you wanna go there and have a meal in the evening and havent already been to a park that day, that counts as one of your entry days right??? i should know the answer to this as have been going since 1989 but im a little confused now

That is correct. If you go into the park that evening for a meal it will count as an entry day.

I hope you all have a great time!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

AKL is really cool, but there is a lingering "zoo" odor that I find distracting, so I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic retreat
That's what I thought about AS Sports.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :p

RE: holidays in mid-October...Not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier but Columbus Day may fall during the time you are there. It can be pretty busy over that particular weekend. The crowds lighten up the very next day, though.

Upvote 0

Jaytrod

Ideas

Swan and Dolphin are both really nice.. Its nice to be able to take the boat most places and you can walk right to epcot. However, like you said they are missing that extra special flavor that Disney has in their own resorts and you cant use your room key to charge stuff at the parks either. Also they are a bit more expensive for food and normal amenities that the Disney owed hotels have. I would recommend the Yacht and Beach Club. I love it there, you can still take the boats everywhere and walk to epcot and you get the added Disney magic. The pools have sand in the bottom like you are at the beach and they have a killer Ice Cream/ Lunch shop. Either way Im sure you will have a blast. Have a happy Anniversary!

Upvote 0

justducky78

If you are buying a park hopper pass you'll be fine entering Epcot for dinner, otherwise - yes - it will count as an entry day.

I do (respectfully) disagree with the other poster about a woman liking the Beach club more! I'm a 30 year old woman (fairly girly) and prefer the Yacht club. I like the nautical, upscale theme of the YB. It just seems more impressive to me (lobby, rooms, etc) than the BC.

That is just my 2-cents, though. I think whatever you choose, she will be thrilled. I mean, who wouldn't want to be at Disney staying at deluxe a on-site resort for their honeymoon?! Lucky girl!

Congrats and what a nice surprise!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Beach Club!

My vote is for Beach Club! It's so romantic. Plus you have to Boardwalk right there with lots of stuff to see and do, the pool is the best around, 2 theme parks close by and don't forget Yachtman's Steakhouse right next door! Yum! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom