Do they still do this?

sbkline

When we booked our first on property stay in 2007, I got a welcome letter with a few pictures of our resort (POR), and I think it even included some maps of the parks and stuff. Then, anytime I would call and make a change to the booking, I would get a confirmation letter in the mail regarding the change.

I recently booked our resort for next year, which was initially Carribbean Beach, but I called the next day and changed it to Coronado Springs. Should I expect something in the mail soon, or has that been replaced by the email confirmations? Because I checked my email while ago and saw that I had email confirmations for my reservation. I was kind of looking forward to getting a little something in the mail, especially if I still get pictures of the resort, so I hope the email confirmation is in addition to that, and not a replacement of it.

brent2124

When we booked our first on property stay in 2007, I got a welcome letter with a few pictures of our resort (POR), and I think it even included some maps of the parks and stuff. Then, anytime I would call and make a change to the booking, I would get a confirmation letter in the mail regarding the change.

I recently booked our resort for next year, which was initially Carribbean Beach, but I called the next day and changed it to Coronado Springs. Should I expect something in the mail soon, or has that been replaced by the email confirmations? Because I checked my email while ago and saw that I had email confirmations for my reservation. I was kind of looking forward to getting a little something in the mail, especially if I still get pictures of the resort, so I hope the email confirmation is in addition to that, and not a replacement of it.
If you want pics of the resort look online. Why should WDW send a new welcome packet out everytime someone changes a reservation? It is way to costly. I cant believe your really looking foward to a piece of paper with 2 to 5 pics when there are literally thousands available at anytime online.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
If you want pics of the resort look online. Why should WDW send a new welcome packet out everytime someone changes a reservation? It is way to costly. I cant believe your really looking foward to a piece of paper with 2 to 5 pics when there are literally thousands available at anytime online.

Whoa, there killer. I didn't say a new welcome packet everytime someone changes a reservation, genius. I said that previously, anytime I would change something on my reservation, I would get a confirmation letter in the mail. I only got the welcome packet once, and that was on the initial booking. Learn to read next time, or don't post at all.

And ya, I do look forward to getting a little something in the mail confirming my reservation along with a few maps and such. Not that I have any need for the maps...I have plenty from previous trips. And it's not the end of the world if they don't do that anymore. When I booked through KK last year, I didn't get anything in the mail and I survived, (I just thought it was because I booked through an agent and not directly through Disney) but it would still be kind of neat if Disney still sends those things out. Maybe you think it's silly, and perhaps it is. But we all have those silly little things that we look forward to that make the trip feel more "official" and that's one of mine. Deal with it, hoss.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Anyone got any intelligent responses to my question, besides the ignorant hogwash posted by this other piece of work?

Upvote 0

brent2124

Anyone got any intelligent responses to my question, besides the ignorant hogwash posted by this other piece of work?
Ignorant? You know nothing about me at all, and you never will. I wasnt trying to offend you or anything I just cant see how you would expect Disney during an economic depression to send you a letter and some pictures because you cant make your mind up. It is alot easier and cheaper to send a generic email in this case and a whole lot faster as well. Common sense. Use it.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Ignorant? You know nothing about me at all, and you never will. I wasnt trying to offend you or anything I just cant see how you would expect Disney during an economic depression to send you a letter and some pictures because you cant make your mind up. It is alot easier and cheaper to send a generic email in this case and a whole lot faster as well. Common sense. Use it.

Yes, I'm sure it is alot easier and cheaper to send an email. But that wasn't my question, genius. My question was simply "do they still do this, or not". Common sense has nothing to do with it. It's simply a matter of, they did this last time I booked directly through them and I wonder if they still do. If they don't, they don't. No big deal. I understand why they wouldn't, as many companies are moving away from paper and going totally online. But again...why they wouldn't be doing it is not my question. My question simply is, do they still do it or not.

And if you don't have anything to add other than rudeness, without an answer to my question, then get lost.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

To be honest, you did start out by talking about a welcome letter with pictures and then making changes and getting new confirmations. I had to go back and reread and was able to separate the 2 things.

Most everything is email. After all Disney is becoming a "green" company. Saving the environment while padding the bottom line.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
To be honest, you did start out by talking about a welcome letter with pictures and then making changes and getting new confirmations. I had to go back and reread and was able to separate the 2 things.

Even if it appeared that way, there's no need for rude replies. It was just a simple question and there is no need for people to pop off with snide remarks.

Most everything is email. After all Disney is becoming a "green" company. Saving the environment while padding the bottom line.

Fair enough. That is what I was needing to know.

Upvote 0

gardenia

Confirmation - if you want a hard copy mailed, you have to request it now, as email has become the default. You can request it when you make the reservation or if you forget (like I always do) you can call back and request it any time, even if you've already received the email version.

Welcome letter - I still get these for some reservations and not others, and there's no pattern I can detect. I got a nice little packet for my October trip to PORFQ. It came about 6 weeks after I made the reservation. I got nothing for my October trip last year to CSR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can't We All Just Get Along?"
~ Rodney King

Upvote 0
We booked at the Poly in January for our stay this coming May. I got a little pkg. from them a few weeks ago from Disney that was a welcome pkg. There wasn't specific reservation information like in the email confirmation, it was more of a promotional letter with color photos of the resort at the bottom of the letter and one large color fold out map that had all the parks in sections. So to answer your question, yes you should get the pkg. you got before they probably just send them sooner to your arrival now in case you make reservation changes since that is so common. I booked directly through their website but don't think the booking means would have an affect on the welcome pkg.

Upvote 0

Lamping3

:wave:Here is my two cents....I booked my trip for December 3 to 9 on 1/22 only recieved an email conformation. Then on 3/13 I added an extra night and a few days later received the packet you are refering to. It had maps, pictures of the WL (where we are booked for), and a list of toddlers' favorite attractions (my DD will be 2 years old when we go). I was pretty excited to receive this as I did not know I was getting it.

Hope this helps!:D

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

The only thing I got was a letter stating who was going, where we were staying and 'basic' info like that... and a "reciept" of what we paid. That was about a month after we made the reservation. And even tho they had our email address, I got nothing in my inbox!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

The only thing I got was a letter stating who was going, where we were staying and 'basic' info like that... and a "reciept" of what we paid. That was about a month after we made the reservation. And even tho they had our email address, I got nothing in my inbox!

Now that I have your reservation, you will be getting a little information package from me a couple of weeks before your trip! :D

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

On our last trip to WDW we got a cute little packet with some pictures. My favorite parts was that our last name was printed on the packet in the same font as the rest of the info. It was a nice fun touch and I saved it for our scrapbook.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
I read over all the replies and I guess that pretty well answers my question. Thank you for all of you who gave polite and informative answers to my question. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys getting a little something in my mailbox confirming the reservation. :D

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Now that I have your reservation, you will be getting a little information package from me a couple of weeks before your trip! :D

I booked through KK on our last trip (last April), and we got the usual packet a month or so before our trip...the one with the luggage tags, voucher for Planet Hollywood, mini-golf, etc. But we never got the letter that I was talking about confirming the trip reservations. Just totally out of curiousity, do people not get those if they book through KK as opposed to directly through Disney, or is there some other reason why I may not have gotten that letter?

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I booked through KK on our last trip (last April), and we got the usual packet a month or so before our trip...the one with the luggage tags, voucher for Planet Hollywood, mini-golf, etc. But we never got the letter that I was talking about confirming the trip reservations. Just totally out of curiousity, do people not get those if they book through KK as opposed to directly through Disney, or is there some other reason why I may not have gotten that letter?

If Disney sends us anything for you, we send it to you. I wouldn't think Disney would send out extra papers to people who book on their own, but I'm really not sure.

They do seem to change what they send out from time to time, so it's possible they weren't sending anything out other than standard confirmations at the time.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom