Do these Characters exist?

Josh_Fenway

Original Poster
I recently went to WDW and was a little let down that there weren't all that many characters walking around the park as there use to be. I was just curious if these characters do exist and where I may find them:

Big Bad Wolf & 3 pigs
Brer Fox (I saw Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit)
Gastone
Darkwing Duck
King Triton
Scar

If anyone can help me out (or direct me to a website that can) that would be awesome. Thanks!

peter11435

Big Bad Wolf & 3 pigs - They exist but are rare. I think they might be in SpectroMagic

Brer Fox - He exists, not sure where you can see him. I know I have seen him near Splash Mountain and in some parades.

Gastone - He can be found at the stage show. I don't think he does meet and greets anymore.

Darkwing Duck - He exists but is not really out anymore

King Triton - Not sure.

Scar - Does not exist

peter11435

DisneyInsider said:
I don't think Brer Fox is around anymore. I think they took him out of the parks.
They did for a time. But I am pretty sure his costume was redesigned and he is now back but he is still rare.

bsandersjr

DisneyInsider said:
I don't think Brer Fox is around anymore. I think they took him out of the parks.

He was there in January. We saw him on Sunday 1/22/06. The day before Splash went down for rehab.

Bytowner

Josh_Fenway said:
I recently went to WDW and was a little let down that there weren't all that many characters walking around the park as there use to be. I was just curious if these characters do exist and where I may find them:

Big Bad Wolf & 3 pigs
Brer Fox (I saw Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit)
Gastone
Darkwing Duck
King Triton
Scar

If anyone can help me out (or direct me to a website that can) that would be awesome. Thanks!

I'm a little surprised that over at MGM one of MGM's most famous animated characters is never seen and that's the Pink Panther! Instead we get the Power Rangers (sigh!) :brick:

Nicole

mellie882 said:
King Triton also shows up in Spectromagic, but does not do any meet and greets.

That's because, unlike his daughter Ariel, King Triton doesn't have any legs. :wave:

DisneyWales

Brer

We have seen Brer a few times when exiting Spash, As for Big Bad, from what i know he only does Meet and Greets during MNSSHP, other than that he and the 3 piggies are in Spectromagic.

Chernabog

Big Bad does sets during Mickey's not so scary and is in spectro along with the 3 little pigs
As far as I know (takling to friends in entertainment) the Brer Fox has not yet been redesigned (along with maid marion) and still does not exist in the parks at all
Gaston used to be in the MNSSHP parade but I don't think he was this year, course he's always at the B&B show at MGM
Darkwing does sets randomly for people in training in toon town near the train station there.
Triton is only in Spectro
I know of no scar costume but the special events department has all sorts of crazy things I've never seen. Hope this helps some.

Rob562

Sledge said:
Random but the weirdest one I've ever seen is Dumbo at Disneyland when they kicked off the HCoE.

Dumbo used to be in Main St. Electrical Parade. I think he was at the top of a "burning" tower with clowns dressed as firemen all around the outside of the tower, just like in the movie.

-Rob

spectropluto

characters

Big Bad Wolf & 3 pigs - are in Spectro (BBW IS out during MNSSHP)

Brer Fox - YES he has been out, but rare. I can't post a pic on this bulletin, but check this out: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/fox2.jpg

Gastone - in B&B at MGM (special request meet'n'greet only and he, like BBW, will most likely come out at MK during MNSSHP)

Darkwing Duck - rare, but it happens (check MGM or sometimes he flies over to ToonTown at MK)

King Triton - Spectromagic only

Scar - nope

Hope this helps! :)

Kin

Gaston does meet'en greet over at Disneyland Paris, on Halloween season adn Christmas in Belle's Xmas Village.
brer Fox is a regular too at Paris, despite the resort doesn't have a Splash Mountain.

41.JPG

-Big Bad Wolf & 3 Little Pigs: They appear in Spectro and at special events. However, they did come out for meet-and-greets during late 2004/early 2005 and I hope that these 4 will return someday.

-Brer Fox: They did some test meet-and-greet sets with the new version of him at Splash in June 2005. Haven't seem him since then. But if those who are saying that he has been seen recently are correct, I hope to find him during President's Week or something.

-Gaston: He only appears in the BatB stage show and at special events.

-Darkwing Duck: He makes very rare appearances at MK, either in Town Square (mostly during peak seasons) or at the Toontown Teardrop. He also comes out for special events.

-King Triton: He only appears in Spectro.

-Scar: They never made a walk-around of him.

timkelmom

Most characters don't wander freely around the parks anymore. They have designated meet and greet areas. I would love to meet a rare character like Dumbo or Mrs. Pots.

I guess you just have to get lucky.:)

Figments Friend

I bump into Prince John all the time...i think he's following me! Next time i meet him, i'll remind him of who wears the crown and who is really the "king" of the Magic Kingdom (PJ loves such ego-stroking! :lol: ) He's not considered 'rare"...he's pretty common which i find surprising. Nobody seems to really know who he is...the kids all think it's the Lion King! Maybe this is why he is used a lot..since there were no 'proper" versions of Simba and Scar? I love "Robin Hood" and PJ anyway, so its great to see those characters out a lot.

I am wondering though...why did'nt Disney ever make a walkaround Simba, Nala, or Scar? I used to think it was because they were portraying "real" animals more then your usual cartoon animals. Since seeing Kenei and Koda though, who fit into the "real animal" catagory...this can't be the reason. So what's the real deal?

Unusual characters i've come across were mostly around the time of the 1 year anniversary of 9/11. I visited the parks that week and was surprised and delighted by all the unusual characters that wee readily availible. It's as if Disney wanted to pull out all the stops for that period.

The characters i was most stunned to see were old Disney Afternoon friends like Rebecca ( Tale Spin) and Launchpad ( DuckTales). Princess Aurora was out near Germany ( ???) and everywhere you turned there seemed to be a whole slew of characters just waiting to entertain you. Needless to say my Sept 2002 trip to WDW was one of the best!

I was there in Feb '05 and are going back Oct '06 and was so excited that on our last day at the magic kingdom Darkwing Duck and Launchpad were both there, I was so excited. The one character that I do miss is Roger Rabbit. Anyone know if he is ever out anymore. Also we will be there for mnsshp what kind of villians do you get to meet and greet. any help would be appreciated.:sohappy:

bluefaery

Nicole said:
That's because, unlike his daughter Ariel, King Triton doesn't have any legs. :wave:

that is true but if he wanted to he probably could sit next to his daughter in WDW's Ariel's Grotto. Just an idea.

SGT623

timkelmom said:
Most characters don't wander freely around the parks anymore. They have designated meet and greet areas. I would love to meet a rare character like Dumbo or Mrs. Pots.

I guess you just have to get lucky.:)

Durring last years Flower & Garden festival, there was an event weekend called Characters in Bloom that had some of the seldom seen characters. It's planed again this year for May 19, 20, & 21

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom