"Do not disturb" signs being removed from resort rooms

flynnibus

Premium Member
Because we don't have mousekeeping in the room every day, we have some of our belongings left out, like our toiletries, snacks, souvenirs, chargers, etc (the days we have our room cleaned, they are put away in our suitcases or the safe). If the hotel could guarantee me that there is zero risk of any of our belongings being stolen from our room, then I would have no issue with them entering our room at any time when we were gone, however, this kind of guarantee is impossible

In your stroller days did you lock your stroller up like a safe every time too?

People really overplay this 'someone is going to steal my stuff' paranoia... Here's a hint, don't leave cash lying around on tables unnecessarily... put stuff away when you leave. You'll be fine. Basically... don't taunt happy fun ball.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You know who else gets random room inspections? Prisoners.

Would you honestly take that line with your employer who entered your office? Because it's not far from that either... yet no one would take the hyperbole to prision to combat the truth that you are staying in someone else's space.

I am Timmy

Because a rental property and a hotel room are not the same thing. You specifically agree that you are not intending to squat and make the hotel room your domicile when check in to a hotel therefore it is distinct from any sort of rental agreement you would make with a landlord. The nomenclature on the door signs also states that they will knock multiple times and announce themselves before entering.

If you can't do a 100 yard dash to the bathroom or make yourself decent by attempted knock number 3 then I got no advice for you there.
If they actually wait to enter after they knock, which they do not always do. My recent vaca at AllStar Music had them knocking and not waiting to enter the first time, and not even knocking the second time. We were in the room both times in the afternoon. This was after we had already opted out of housekeeping services. So, it seems to be crap shoot on whether each individual maid will adhere to policies or not.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
If they actually wait to enter after they knock, which they do not always do. My recent vaca at AllStar Music had them knocking and not waiting to enter the first time, and not even knocking the second time. We were in the room both times in the afternoon. This was after we had already opted out of housekeeping services. So, it seems to be crap shoot on whether each individual maid will adhere to policies or not.

Disney, like any business has policies. Whether or not an employee or CM follows them is up to each employee. If someone is not following the policy, report it to management so the issue can be fixed. I managed a hotel for years. Karma is a b**** and now I am on the road about 300 nights a year. I have seen some behavior by staff members that have amazed me. I always call and praise the good, and report the bad. When I was a manager of a hotel, I always loved when a guest wanted to talk to me and started by saying "This has been happening the last seven days". Um what happened to day one or two? If no one in management knows there is a problem, then they don't get a chance to fix it.

jaklgreen

Would you honestly take that line with your employer who entered your office? Because it's not far from that either... yet no one would take the hyperbole to prision to combat the truth that you are staying in someone else's space.

We are not talking about your boss walking into your office. Paying for a private room in a hotel is not that same. Not even close.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We are not talking about your boss walking into your office. Paying for a private room in a hotel is not that same. Not even close.

They are since you claimed 'random inspections' - same as you could get at your office... even if the space is dedicated to you. I don't think you'd have the nerve to actually tell your boss he's treating you like a prisioner for having the gaul to not respect your insistence that your temporary space is now yours and yours alone.

You are assigned a space for a temporary basis and have an expectation of privacy. That doesn't mean you control the space, or the owner is treating you like a PRISIONER for exercising those rights.

Nor is a landlord who has a lease agreement guaranteeing him access treating tenants like PRISIONERS

Your hyperbole to fight this is astounding. It's a freaking hotel room you sleep in, not a cavity search.

Maybe people need some good time living in shared spaces or periods where you have NOTHING... to stop sweating these trivial, inconsequential things as if it's the start of the police state.

What could you possibly be doing that you have to be so paranoid about having ANYONE see behind the door? No one gives a crap about the meds or fungus cream in your bag. People are so used to bubble life now even the smallest fleck gives them the fear of god or something..

jaklgreen

They are since you claimed 'random inspections' - same as you could get at your office... even if the space is dedicated to you. I don't think you'd have the nerve to actually tell your boss he's treating you like a prisioner for having the gaul to not respect your insistence that your temporary space is now yours and yours alone.

You are assigned a space for a temporary basis and have an expectation of privacy. That doesn't mean you control the space, or the owner is treating you like a PRISIONER for exercising those rights.

Nor is a landlord who has a lease agreement guaranteeing him access treating tenants like PRISIONERS

Your hyperbole to fight this is astounding. It's a freaking hotel room you sleep in, not a cavity search.

Maybe people need some good time living in shared spaces or periods where you have NOTHING... to stop sweating these trivial, inconsequential things as if it's the start of the police state.

What could you possibly be doing that you have to be so paranoid about having ANYONE see behind the door? No one gives a crap about the meds or fungus cream in your bag. People are so used to bubble life now even the smallest fleck gives them the fear of god or something..

First off. The office is NOT the same as a hotel room I have no expectation of privacy at work. It is not my temporary living space like a hotel room is. We don't get naked and sleep and shower at the office. I don't know how you don't see that. How can you not see that it is the start of a police state. We used to be able to walk into Magic Kingdom just swiping our ticket. Then it went to bag checks, now metal detectors. Are body scanners coming next? You may think that is stupid but if you went back in time and asked someone 40 years ago if they thought that Disney going through your purse and putting you through a metal detector to take your kids to an amusement park was extreme. I am sure the majority of people would think you were nuts. It sneaks up on you. I can handle the security measures to go into the park, but having them go into our room just to look and see what we are doing is not OK. Privacy is not trivial, nor inconsequential. There is a reason why the police can not just do this. Because it is wrong. And it is wrong for any hotel to come in to the room without cause. That is my issue. Housekeeping or maintenance, sure not problem. But to check up on you as if you are a potential terrorist is too far.

flynnibus

Premium Member
First off. The office is NOT the same as a hotel room I have no expectation of privacy at work. It is not my temporary living space like a hotel room is. We don't get naked and sleep and shower at the office. I don't know how you don't see that

We have showers and nap areas in our buildings... and if someone closes their door, they expect others to respect not just walking in.

Is it really the fact you may be SLEEPING that bothers you so much? Never had housekeeping not wake you up when they knocked and entered? I got news for you... it doesn't hurt and no emotional scars!

How can you not see that it is the start of a police state. We used to be able to walk into Magic Kingdom just swiping our ticket. Then it went to bag checks, now metal detectors. Are body scanners coming next? You may think that is stupid but if you went back in time and asked someone 40 years ago if they thought that Disney going through your purse and putting you through a metal detector to take your kids to an amusement park was extreme. I am sure the majority of people would think you were nuts. It sneaks up on you. I can handle the security measures to go into the park, but having them go into our room just to look and see what we are doing is not OK

The stupidity of this argument is you have it all backwards. You're talking about the slippery slope at the parks and now moving to the hotels... when the hotels have had this type of 'invasion' all along. The only difference is under what guise they will use the right.

Privacy is not trivial, nor inconsequential. There is a reason why the police can not just do this. Because it is wrong. And it is wrong for any hotel to come in to the room without cause. That is my issue. Housekeeping or maintenance, sure not problem. But to check up on you as if you are a potential terrorist is too far.

The police are not the same as the property owner - so that comparison is irrelevant. You've worked yourself up over something because you were unaware they could do it all along. The DND hanger is not some legal forcefield. So unless you are all worked up over risking getting the police called on you because of what the hotel staff find... I say... LOOSEN UP.

They aren't going to be going through your bags... They aren't going to be waking you and forcing a upended search of the room. And if allowing staff into your personal spaces bothers you so much... then rent a house.

People that pay top dollar for a resort and then refuse all services... are only hurting themselves.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Enough people, its crazy, just agree to disagree, PLEASE
e6574685eb77a41fffdb1db58e2272fcf8af95d2fedaa2dc86f538975a7c06ac.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For the benefit of those who haven't read the whole thread...
www.addalock.com
1515686904415.png

Easy to use, relatively inexpensive, and it will keep management, mousekeeping, maintenance and the pizza guy out while you prepare to open the door...

Hockey89

Just gonna toss this one in here because I find so many of these naysayers utterly laughable. A hotel, any hotel, is private property. You do not own the room, you do not own the space. You are merely renting it. To say that your privacy is being invaded is a moot point because you agree to that the minute you drop your credit card to rent that room for the night. The hotel reserves the right to enter your room at ANY time for ANY reason and if you don't like that better just to not stay in a hotel period.

PS @awilliams4 they have plenty of ways to unlock a deadbolt on a door that do not require physically breaking the door down.
Well they will get sued when they walk in on a couple having fun... They will lose too... Your post is laughable as well..

daisyduckie

Well they will get sued when they walk in on a couple having fun... They will lose too... Your post is laughable as well..

Hopefully the couple having fun have enough brains to throw the deadbolt or latch. And if they knock, the couple ignores them, and then they walk in, no, Disney will not lose.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hopefully the couple having fun have enough brains to throw the deadbolt or latch. And if they knock, the couple ignores them, and then they walk in, no, Disney will not lose.

A key given to a housekeeper typically would not pop a deadbolt anyways so he/she would not be able to enter. Usually, there would be a special key issued to an MOD in case of an "emergency" to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom