"Do not disturb" signs being removed from resort rooms

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At AKL last month it was a big man in a suit with a Disney nametag.
Considering how many suits and nametags are available in the Orlando area, I don't think that would be descriptive enough. I'd want to see some kind of ID with a photo on it...

Alternately, if they can send someone who will credit my MDE account with one anytime-anywhere FP+, I'll accept that as a suitable credential... ;)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Anyone have any thoughts on my plan of calling the front desk and having them give me a name and physical description of the person they have doing security checks if they happen while I am in the room? I feel super uncomfortable at the idea of allowing a stranger to enter my room with me especially if I happen to be alone. With the pizza flyer scams and phone scams and whatnot that have happened on property I would want to be sure the person saying they are security actually is security.

You could always just say "Come In" instead of opening the door for them. If someone is trying to scam/rob you, they would not be able to get into your room.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Considering how many suits and nametags are available in the Orlando area, I don't think that would be descriptive enough. I'd want to see some kind of ID with a photo on it...

Alternately, if they can send someone who will credit my MDE account with one anytime-anywhere FP+, I'll accept that as a suitable credential... ;)
Totally agree. The one we saw was knocking a few times and identifying himself. Then, he was using his key card to open the door, while continuing to identify himself. I watched him do the same thing for three rooms. He basically was walking in and and out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom