Do Monorail Resort Share Amentities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H20Babie

Do the monorail resorts share the "free" amenties? Specifically, I am thinking about the GF and Poly. I know that if you stay at the Poly, you can use the health cub at GF. But what about the pools, hot tub, etc.?

Much thanks :wave:

H20Babie

Original Poster
OP here ... my apologies ... should've known this would start a debate ... which I did not intend :hammer: .

I know that pool hopping is not allowed, unless you are a guest at a sister resort (All Stars, POR/POFQ).

All I wanted to know is that when I stay at the Poly, can I use the health club and hot tubs at GF since the Poly does not have its own.

Clarification would be great.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

read my post above yours....no where did i ever say i went pool hopping...yes i have gone to many different resorts while i was a CP, because i wanted to go eat at the different places....no rules against that. and i wasnt encouraging anyone in breaking the rules, i simply was restating things that i had previously heard from others

I'll assume you were referring to my post as it was above yours and say that the term "pool hopping" is used to refer to people who use the pool of a resort hotel they are no registered in, which is what you are advocating.

Upvote 0

tjkref418

OP here ... my apologies ... should've known this would start a debate ... which I did not intend :hammer: .

I know that pool hopping is not allowed, unless you are a guest at a sister resort (All Stars, POR/POFQ).

All I wanted to know is that when I stay at the Poly, can I use the health club and hot tubs at GF since the Poly does not have its own.

Thanks.

Yes, I am fairly certain that because the Poly does not have one guests are permitted to use health club at the GF.

Upvote 0

phenom1307

I'll assume you were referring to my post as it was above yours and say that the term "pool hopping" is used to refer to people who use the pool of a resort hotel they are no registered in, which is what you are advocating.

i'm not advocating anything....did i ever say i was for pool hopping?, no....did i ever say i was against it?, no. so i am completely neutral in this. i am simply making a rebuttal agrument for something that i am neither for or against. all i am saying is stuff that i heard from other people that have done this. asking why i can do something but cant do something else is not against the rules of anything. if i said why can someone smoke tobacco but they cant smoke weed....its the same thing weed is against the rules and so is pool hopping but i could make a case on why someone could do it, without saying wether i am for or against it. therefore i am not advocating pool hopping what-so-ever

Upvote 0

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord

Thanks.

Sorry to poke in here...but I feel the best clarification to your question would be asking WDW Guest Relations directly. I would think the CMs at the registration desk at the hotel would know for sure...if not, then their immediate supervisors.

No matter what, I hope you have a fun and memorable time, H20Babie.
:)

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Thanks.
Hot tubs are probably covered under the pool hopping policy. Even though Poly doesn't have a hot tub, it does have a heated pool section with seating around the hot water jets. I know, I know, it's not the same.

The GF health club can be used by any guest not staying at GF... for $12/day.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

you use the pools at any resorts pretty much...just up on a bus, monorail or boat...itll just look like your a guest at the resort....i went to the resorts a bunch when i was a CP and i was never staying at any of them except when my parents came down with my sis for spring break

So this is you "not encouraging anyone to break the rules" and "not advocating anything" and "staying neutral"? :hammer:

Upvote 0

phenom1307

im not encouraging anyone...im stating that it can be done....its like saying you can drink alcohol when you arent 21, its against the law to do so but you can do it

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

Hi OP. I am not sure of rules for GF and Poly, but I do know that a Disney Vacation club member is allowed to pool hop.

This is the excerpt taken diretly from the DVC member site:

Pool Hopping Information for 2007
You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a Host/Hostess at the Front Desk of the Resort hotel you wish to visit to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your Disney Vacation Club "Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools. Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time because of capacity limitations. Due to expected high occupancy, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates*:
February 18 - 24, 2007
March 31 - April 8, 2007
May 25 - 28, 2007
June 30 - July 7, 2007
August 31 - September 3, 2007
November 19 - 25, 2007
December 16, 2007 - January 2, 2008
*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
It seems the OP's question has been answered.

Just for the record here is a post that I made way back in 2002 (yes, forum members have been debating pool hopping for that long :eek: ). I doubt Disney's policy on pool hopping has changed since then:

I was curious to know Disney's official stance on pool hopping. So I emailed guest relations. Here is the email I recieved in response:

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

We appreciate your interest in learning about Walt Disney World Resort recreation pool facilities. Our research has indicated that most of our guests feel it is more important to have swimming space available at the resort in which they are staying, rather than to swim at another resort. We would like to mention that guests are able to enjoy the pools located at the resort in which
they are residing. Our swimming areas are designed to accommodate the number of guests staying at each particular resort. Consequently, the total number of guests staying at the Walt Disney World Resort could potentially create crowded conditions at some of our more popular swimming facilities.

Due to issues related to capacity and guest satisfaction, the pool hopping program for Stormalong Bay, the main feature pool at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, was discontinued effective July 1, 2002. Disney Vacation Club Members will no longer be able to pool hop to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, UNLESS they are staying at these resorts or at Disney's Beach Club Villas. The current pool hopping program at the Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools will continue to be available to Members with the exception of certain restricted dates and/or further capacity issues.

We hope this information will be helpful.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
im not encouraging anyone...im stating that it can be done....its like saying you can drink alcohol when you arent 21, its against the law to do so but you can do it

No one was saying that pool hopping wasn't physically possible (that would be silly), just that it isn't allowed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom