Do Many Of You Order Items In Advance??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hi folks just wonderin do many of ye order items and packages in advance??

Such as The Beer Mug, Wine Packages, Welcome aboard packs etc?

How have these things helped ye???:wave:

I think we`ve got our wires crossed---I realise you are talking about the Cruises and I am talking about the resorts!!. we didn`t take stuff on the cruise--it was all there!!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I think we`ve got our wires crossed---I realise you are talking about the Cruises and I am talking about the resorts!!. we didn`t take stuff on the cruise--it was all there!!

I was thinkin you had it wrong :lol:

Yeah im talkin about DCL :wave:

ChuckElias

On our last cruise, I ordered the happy birthday package for my wife (we boarded on her birthday). It was just a couple hanging decorations and a cake that we didn't even eat. But I wanted to have something already in the room for her when we arrived.

It's the only time I've pre-ordered a "package". It was definitely too much money (about $55, I think), but it was fun to have the room decorated for her when she opened the door.

Disneyfalcon

I've preordered something for a client a couple of times, and my Father in Law had fruit platters waiting for all of us on our last cruise. I thought it was a little silly since we could get fruit anywhere, but it actually was kind of nice. :)

sweetpee_1993

We drove our car so we hit a liquor store prior to boarding. You must think I'm a total lush! Lol! I drank the desalinized water and I'm not dead. I also shipped a box to the ship ahead of us with all sorts of little necessities including 24 oz. insulated tumblers with straws because I read the cups at the drink stations are small. Boy, was I glad I did! I avoided the pre-boarding packages like the bottled water just because they're so obviously overpriced and I find myself being more and more annoyed by that little detail (& insulted in a way). The beer mug I think I would consider for a week long cruise....well if i wasn't worried about packing on an extra 10 lbs. The celebration packages would be sweet for a special occasion but I'd have to assess what it's worth to me at the time. Like Chuck said, they didn't eat the cake but the value was in making his wife feel extra special (veeeery sweet, BTW!).

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We drove our car so we hit a liquor store prior to boarding. You must think I'm a total lush! Lol! I drank the desalinized water and I'm not dead. I also shipped a box to the ship ahead of us with all sorts of little necessities including 24 oz. insulated tumblers with straws because I read the cups at the drink stations are small. Boy, was I glad I did! I avoided the pre-boarding packages like the bottled water just because they're so obviously overpriced and I find myself being more and more annoyed by that little detail (& insulted in a way). The beer mug I think I would consider for a week long cruise....well if i wasn't worried about packing on an extra 10 lbs. The celebration packages would be sweet for a special occasion but I'd have to assess what it's worth to me at the time. Like Chuck said, they didn't eat the cake but the value was in making his wife feel extra special (veeeery sweet, BTW!).

Yeah it seems to be as I thought!

Most packages are only good for special occasions!!

Although I'll def be havin some of the beer mug! Have 2 already :sohappy:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
We ordered the wine package for dinner and really felt it was a good deal. We think we saved about 25% over ordering each night. We know we would want at least one wine every night. They would bring a wine list for us to choose from at each dinner.

Phonedave

We ordered the wine package for dinner and really felt it was a good deal. We think we saved about 25% over ordering each night. We know we would want at least one wine every night. They would bring a wine list for us to choose from at each dinner.

I second the wine package. I bought it on board the first night. You don't have to buy the same number of bottles as nights of dinner. You can be on a 4 night cruise and get a 3 (or 5) bottle package for example. You are also not restricted to a set number of bottles per night. If you want to drink 3 on Monday and none on Tuesday, thats cool too.

Any wine that you do not finish you are either free to take with you after dinner, or you can have them save it for you and it will be available the next night.

The selection and price were not bad either. Wine list prices were right in line with normal restaruant mark-ups, and the package was a savings over those prices.

-dave

RobnRachal

We did the wine package on our first cruise and we've already ordered it for our upcoming departure :) we thought it was a great idea....we really enjoy wine with dinner and figured by the time we bought wine (in Canada $) and the corking fee....it's easier to just let them worry about it.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I second the wine package. I bought it on board the first night. You don't have to buy the same number of bottles as nights of dinner. You can be on a 4 night cruise and get a 3 (or 5) bottle package for example. You are also not restricted to a set number of bottles per night. If you want to drink 3 on Monday and none on Tuesday, thats cool too.

Any wine that you do not finish you are either free to take with you after dinner, or you can have them save it for you and it will be available the next night.

The selection and price were not bad either. Wine list prices were right in line with normal restaruant mark-ups, and the package was a savings over those prices.

-dave

How much does a wine package on 7 night Carribbean cost???

Phonedave

How much does a wine package on 7 night Carribbean cost???

There are two packages - a "Classic" and a "Premium"

Premium has (slightly) better wines. Not like you are going to be offered a '42 Margueaux - both packages have mainly California wines with some New Zealand and I believe South Aftican wines as well. I think there was a Louis Jadot in there mix somewhere as well.

A 4 bottle classic (which I got for a 5 night cruise and ran out and ended up having to buy an additional bottle) was just over $100

The premium was about $150 or so if I recall correctly.

So say the classic is about $25 a night and the premimum is $38 or so.

I would guess, the more nights, the bigger the discount (maybe, this IS Disney after all)

I would then estimate $170 - $180 for 7 night classic and $250 - $260 for the premium

-dave

BelleofDE

My hubby and I went on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon. We bought the romance/anniversary package for our cruise. It got us a special gift each night on board, dinner at Palo, in room champagne breakfast one morning, and free reign of the steam room in the spa on board. We really enjoyed using the steam room every day and dinner at Palo was AMAZING! Breakfast was pretty great too. And the turn down service was very romantic, they put rose pedals all over the bed and left a rose in our cabin. It was nice to treat ourselves once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom