do i need to be at a resort for e night

jmarc63

Originally posted by Diannabanana
I am new to this forum, and are unsure of most of the abbreviations that are being used. What is E night?

Before Disney and the other theme parks introduced one-price addmissions you purchased you addmission and ride tickets for each seperate ride Disney was no exception in the early years you purchased tickets or what Disney called Coupon books.

When DL opened in 1955 and then WDW in 1971 there were coupon books that you would purchase for entry to the park and for each individual ride, Durring the years that there were coupon books ther were five classes of coupons A through E, A would be something like the main street cinema, something not too popular and had a lower addmission price attached to it, an E coupon would be a popular ride with a higher addmission price and usually less of them in the book you purchased than the others like B thru D, the "E" would be in the order of todays Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain. An "E" coupon inticates a most popular attraction . Sometimes in the pop culture the term "E-Ticket" has come to mean something special or popular. In the case of E-Ride nights there are select few of the most popular attractions in the magic Kingdom that are open for that night, the list of rides changes from nite to nite but Space mountain and the haunted mansion seem to be open on a lot of ther e-nights regulary

If you would like to know more on how the coupons worked go to ther links below

http://yesterland.com/abcde.html
http://yesterland.com/abcde2.html
http://yesterland.com/tickets.html

EDIT: Also forgot to add that the Coupons for DL and WDW were Phased out starting in June of 1982, for a peroid after that date the Coupons were still excepted for entry and for the attractions at DL and MK for thoes who stocked up or had unused books and wanted to use them so they wouldn't lose out on the monetary value that they were worth, Epcot center was the first Disney park to open with the One-price addmission concept in October of 1982

I know in my case that we had more addmission coupons than ride coupons due to the fact of that my father purchased the Books which was a better value instead individual A thru E coupons that you could get in the parks at a kiosk at each land in the parks

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

There seems to be a little confusion here. Like Jmarc said E-ride nights are nights where the Magic Kingdom keeps some of its most popular attractions open for three extra hours. In order to participate you have to be a resort guest with a multiday park hopper pass. You have to purchase your ticket at a resort also. Tickets cost 12 dollars plus tax for the event (plus your days admission). The e-ride nights are great if you like the more popular rides in the MK. There are no lines, and well worth the wait.

MVMCP is not an e-ride night. It is a special event where everything is open, not just the select 9 rides.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I was going to post and answer the questions regarding E nights and Mickey's Very Merry but DisneyInsider has covered it all perfectly!!! Nice job Disney Insider!!!!
On a personal note I have been to both events, as well as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
If Money is not an part of the decision by all means go to Mickey' Very Merry. Far better than an E ride night, special Parades, Fireworks, Usually refreshments, more stuff open etc.
If either timing or money is a factor if you like the 9 or so rides that are usually open for E ride night then go for it. I have done that once when timing was the factor(Late August) and I enjoyed that as well but not as special to me. I dont plan my trips around E ride nights I do plan them around Mickey's Very Merry or Mickey's Not So Scary.
The rides that are USUALLY open for E ride nights are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter, Astro Orbiter, TTA, and the Country Bear Jamboree. As always all rides are subject to change. When I was there the BTMRR was closed but Aladdin's MAgic Carpets were open. Hope this helps. Belle

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
...by all means go to Mickey' Very Merry. Far better than an E ride night

DW and I have gotta disagree, Belle. MVMCP is nice, but the crowds are much bigger than e-ride nights. We also felt that the CP was kinda cheesy and overpriced. We (and DW's parents) were disappointed with MVMCP.

Now, I could understand preferring MVMCP if you aren't so much into the rides (we love SM and HM), love celebrating Christmas, and/or like to browse at the shops, but I think more people would prefer the e-ride night.

Just my $0.02 though. I very well could be wrong.

-sig

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

No Opinion is ever wrong Sig. And isnt that why we are all here to provide a viewpoint on an specific item?? I really love the holiday thing so I enjoy MVMCP but for others you may well be more in their mindset than I am!! I appreciate the otehr side of the coin so to speak!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
No Opinion is ever wrong Sig. And isnt that why we are all here to provide a viewpoint on an specific item?? I really love the holiday thing so I enjoy MVMCP but for others you may well be more in their mindset than I am!! I appreciate the otehr side of the coin so to speak!!! Belle

That was a very intelligent and open-minded rebuttal :sohappy:

Upvote 0

BigAL

E Ride

The last time I attended an E-ride night I purchased my tickets at guest services at the All Star Movies Resort. Although I was staying there they did not ask my room number or any verification to see if I was. Has anyone ever heard of anyone trying to just going to a resort and buying tickets for the event and not staying there?

Upvote 0

jmarc63

Re: E Ride

Originally posted by BigAL
The last time I attended an E-ride night I purchased my tickets at guest services at the All Star Movies Resort. Although I was staying there they did not ask my room number or any verification to see if I was. Has anyone ever heard of anyone trying to just going to a resort and buying tickets for the event and not staying there?

If they did that would be dishonest and cheating the system. It may have been that the CM forgot to ask for verification.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well thank you WDWFreak!! I appreciate the compliment. I like to think I Am open minded although I have only begun to accept that Disneyworld isnt for everyone!! I know it is a tough idea, but unfortunately quite the truth!!! And not really a rebuttal so much as a response. I appreciate and respect all points of view. I do not necessarily have to share them though. That is the beauty of living in a democratic and free society. God Bless America!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom