Do I have the right to Diner Plan

suzie

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I didnt find in the search.

If I will be going to WDW with my grandson and we will stay in an hotel outside Walt Disney World.... am I still allowed to the Diner Plan.

I have a feeling I dont have the right to it, but hey you never know.

Thanks for your answer
your a wonderful gang.

ErickainPA

Hi there,

If you are not staying on property, sorry can't get the dining plan, you can make reservations for any WDW restaurant but you will be paying out of pocket for your meals.

suzie

Original Poster
Thanks that's what I thought.

Another question, will I have access to the buses throughout WDW even if I dont stay on site. I will take the hop option.

Thanks again

ErickainPA

your not actually suppose to take the buses, as they are for Disney resort guests, but they don't ask for ID of anything to ride them.

A park hopper option is for the parks only, not about riding Disney transportation.

sbkline

your not actually suppose to take the buses, as they are for Disney resort guests, but they don't ask for ID of anything to ride them.

That's what I always thought too, but from reading the threads on this forum for the past several months, there appears to be some debate about whether or not the busses are for resort guests only. If that was the policy at one time, it seems, according to many, that they have dropped that policy and now welcome anyone to use the busses.

Either way, when we went in 2003 and 2004 and stayed off property, we parkhopped using the Disney busses and never had a problem.

tigsmom

Thanks that's what I thought.

Another question, will I have access to the buses throughout WDW even if I dont stay on site. I will take the hop option.

Thanks again

A park hopper option is for the parks only, not about riding Disney transportation.

The answer to this question is yes, you can. Paid admission to any WDW park entitles you to the use of the bus, monorail and boat system...the parks are part of the resort. You may, at times be stopped from using the transportation that goes to the different resort hotels (such as very crowded times), but I have never seen this happen nor do I know anyone it has ever happened to.

WDW Resort is the entire complex, they are not 2 separate things.

suzie

Original Poster
Sorry guys I forgot another question.

I will be buying a 7 day pass with park hopper. If I decide to skip a day in between will I still have the right to use it. Or will I loose a day. In other words do I have to take 7 days straight without any breaks.

Sorry, so many questions.

Thanks again.

tjkref418

You have a 14 day period to use all days on the ticket once you use the first day of the 7.

To specifically answer your question, you can skip a day and not lose anything at all.

Iakona

As tigsmom said this is a misconception. Below is the text of an e-mail fro WDW to me last week regarding this exact question:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.
It may interest you to know the Walt Disney World Resort transportation system is designed to transport guests between the Disney theme parks and resorts. There are also boats, buses, and monorails that operate between the individual theme parks; the cost for this service is included in the price of a regular admission. Therefore, there is no "add-on" price to use Disney transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom