Do Disney cast members ever comment on Universal items of clothing?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have way too much class to wear any item carrying mobile advertising on third world manufactured material. Not when I have so many tour shirts to wear.

Still its good to see the rodent being protected via the usual regurgitated third hand nonsense and blind loyalty.

Disneybub

We were eating at WWC and out server asked me where i had bought my necklace and i said city walk and she looked at me shocked :eek: she said to me there are only 2 things you cant say in Disney World and its Pepsi and anything to do with Universal.

She kept looking at it when she was walking passed and shaking her head, Now it didnt say universal, so if i hadnt told her she wouldnt have known, but i think its cool the way they play about with it.

Ghall

We were having a character breakfast in the Crystal Palace and my daughter was were a baseball cap with "Universal Studios" on it. When Tigger came over to our table, he turned her cap backwards so you couldn't see the logo before posing for any photos!!!

We had a TM at Universal make a comment about our Disney card. It was good natured and I didnt mind at all.

It does seem like Disney makes less comments though. Nothing to back that up other than observations.

Ilovewishes

I got pulled by a DAK CM on my way in for wearing a Fear Factor T-shirt. He said very loudly that they didn't allow "my sort" in their parks but he had a big grin on his face so I laughed and told him I was going to have to buy a Disney T-shirt to change into anyway. My Fear Factor T-shirt had black glitter on it and it was getting everywhere! Went and bought a DAK T-shirt as soon as possible and got changed!

I thought it was really funny and my family teased me about it all day! I can't imagine that a CM would actually be nasty about that kind of thing.

hpyhnt 1000

Have you actually seen Universal's attendance figures or are you just making this up?

Half and half. The only thing I know about Universal's attendence is what I read online, and I think just about all of us agree that those numbers can be misleading as they are more guesstimates than actual hard figures. However, I don't think anyone will disagree with the statement that Universal has seen a rather precipitous drop in attendence figures over the past few years. (Just walk into the park. When you can ride The Hulk, Dr. Doom, Dudley Do Right, Jurassic Park, both coasters of Dueling Dragons, the Suess Carousel, The Cat in the Hat, and both Spiderman and Popeye twice in less than four hours, then you know there's a problem with attendence.)

However, the other half for that comment does come from experience. I have literally been at park opening for IOA and there were maybe a hundred people there waiting to get in 15 minutes before they opened the gates on a bright sunny day. Hardly something to cheer about.

So, while my comment was meant primarily as a joke, it is based on some personal experience.

sublimesting

I got hassled for wearing a Mountain Dew t-shirt. At Boma CM said "Sir, you can't wear that in here.....Pepsi is a Universal sponsor and we only do Coke here."

WildcatDen

I think there's a coach that said it to his team - "Act like you deserved it" when they scored a point, rather than dancing around and acting like it was some sort of lucky act of God.
Odd, with Ocho Cinco here in Cincinnati, but I believe the phrase quoted around here is from Cincinnati Bengals founder Paul Brown, "Act like you have been there before". . .

wild01ride

Couple hundred? Waiting to get in at park opening? Thats being generous given Universal's attendence figures. :lookaroun

:lol:

Must've been New Years Eve! :lol:

Actually, Universal employees do it all the time. It's almost like they are trained to do it.

Kind of like the Mouse ears floating in the water at Jaws with the name "Mickey" on them (or was it "Mikey", at the time of Michael Eisner??).

I think it's pretty clear from their general attitude toward doing business that they don't hesitate to trash talk.
I guess those attendance figures show the respect that they're getting for it!

happymom52003

Buzz Lightyear took my son's Spiderman cap off of his head and shook his head at us, and pretended he was not going to give it back. It was pretty funny.

Kristamouse

First :wave: Wildcat Dan! I live in Union KY and graduated from UK
Second, Puch the talking recycling bin at AK made some funny comments about a family in Daffy Duck tee's. Something like has Donald seen you....I though it was funny. And the family laughed.

the-reason14

Havent been to Universal in years, but I can say the last time I went, I saw alot of people with Disney World bags, hats, and clothing, and never heard a Universal employee say anything to or about them. I have heard a few people at disney, however, joke about people wearing Uni stuff. At LMAX the little boy they chose to "drive" the remote control car had on a shrek shirt and the director dude man said, "Hows that shrek shirt working for ya, seen any good disney movies." In a funny kind of way. And years ago at peter pan, a guy had on a Universal t shirt, and the cm said, "Oh I cant let you in, you're the enemy, go ahead have a good time." So yea, its all in good fun. Like others have said, I cant see disney ever encouraging cms to be nasty about it. People are on vacation and Orlando has so much more to do than disney.

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
All Disney CMs are told not to make comments about Universal; it's actually part of Traditions!

Not doubting you but the other replies seem to indicate that the training aint working :lookaroun

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, was just a question :shrug:

I_heart_Tigger

I don't think the Universal people are talking trash just to be mean. I always found it quite funny, myself. I had a Little Mermaid purse at universal and one of the workers at the line up for the Jaws ride was obviously well versed on the movie.

He said, "Miss, that's a pretty purse but i should warn you that there's been sharks spotted around here and I wouldn't want one to become Part of Your World and drag you Under the Sea." :lol:

And I have had some funny remarks wearing universal clothes at Disney. When i wore a Spiderman shirt Aladdin asked who was on it and when I told him he said he's never heard of him and then asked Jasmine if she heard of him and she said she hadn't either and it must be someone from outside the palace walls.

I also had a Men in Black hat and Maleficent took it off my head and looked at it, shook her head, and tossed it back to me saying, "Please...everyone knows women look better in black"

mickey7879

We went to Universal a few years ago with a couple of our friends. One of security guards asked her if she had a tissue because she had a little Pooh on her shirt. She slapped him since she thought he was serious at first! It was pretty funny!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom