Do cell phones work well at WDW?

tooltime

my kids and i each have one, we use verizon.

how well should they work? anyone else have verizon?

i didn't see this asked in my searches.

csaguy

Verizon works fine. I normally leave mine in the room, my DW takes hers.
Last April when the tornadoes went through our area at home we used them to contact our DS and DD at home. We only use them at WDW for emergencies.

Upvote 0

Agent Disney

I have Virgin Mobile USA service which I believe is on the Sprint Network. For the most part, I had some reception unless I was in an attraction. I keep the phone in my pocket, so normally just pulling out the phone was enough to get some kind of signal, although it was usually weak until I was outside in the open. Also, as previously mentioned, it is often too loud at the parks to be conversing on the phone...texting may be a better alternative if possible.

Upvote 0

tooltime

Original Poster
Verizon works fine. I normally leave mine in the room, my DW takes hers.
Last April when the tornadoes went through our area at home we used them to contact our DS and DD at home. We only use them at WDW for emergencies.

okay,

i have to ask this, and i have searched this a little.

but what does DH stand for? darling husband, Disney husband? i assume the D is the same moniker for DW, DS and so on

this has puzzled me but i have felt it would be naive to ask :zipit:

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Word on the street from some of my friends who work in RF engineering for Sprint, Disney actually has towers on property (disguised as ordinary trees and such) that Disney allowed them to put in when they made the contract to use them for corporate issued cells. That way they're guaranteed a certain level of service while on property.

I seem to remember seeing one of them cell tower trees straight out from the GF monorail platform.

And, to add to the discussion, We've had no problems with Nextel or Cingular.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We use Nextel and we didn't have any problems at all while we were there. We had them on everyday but didn't use them too much because we all stayed together but it was comforting to know that we could always be in touch if we did have to split up.

The one time that I did use my phone for a slight emergency was when I had planned for us to eat at the ESPN club at the Boardwalk, on a Sunday night. Big mistake because they were packed and with no ADR and on the dining plan I thought I was stuck. I called Disney Dining and not only did she find a place for us but she also gave me driving directions. She was a life saver and so was my phone! :)

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

What's the point of taking a vacation if you take your cell phone with you? Aren't you supposed to go on vacation to relax, have fun, enjoy whomever your with, without interruptions? I never understood why people take their cell phones with them on vacation. You are on vacation - Right?

My husband and I make a point of leaving ours at home.

There's nothing worse then being in the Most Magical Place on Earth and having to hear someone on their cell phone, especially when the conversation gets loud. I'm sorry but that's not something I enjoy when I'm on vacation.

I leave mine off most of the time, but still take it with me. In case my daughter gets lost, she has my cell phone number with her at all times. Needless to say I would turn it on the second I didn't have sight of her.:eek:

I also like having mine for those inevitable flight delays and cancellations. :brick: It's usually quicker to call an airline's 800 number than standing in the "customer service" lines at the airport to get rebooked. A cell phone has saved me numerous times in this situation.....

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I use t-mobile

Never had a problem. I think it depends on service provider, phone, location, exc. I would check with your provider to make sure that it will work.

Hope this helps
~A dream is what your heart makes~
~When you wish upon a star~

Upvote 0

stmize

We have Cingular now at & t and have had good reception but like some one else posted it is loud so use the vibrate and ring so you will get your calls. That is if you want them. If you don't want them then leave it off so as not to disturb any one else or leave it on silent and then check vm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom