Do any other DVC members feel this way?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We feel the same way. Have friends and co-workers who go the the same beach every year and just sit there. If thats what they like, who's to say differently, but that's not a vacation for me.

I like a bit more adventure that sitting on a beach or by a pool for a week and doing nothing.

DVC has really made our yearly trips so much better. Not having to worry about the yearly costs, getting nice spacious rooms with the kitchens, plus the DVC perks.

And best of all, we've been taking family members to join us now by "paying" for their room. Last year we took my wife's sister and husband, and this year we are taking my brother, wife and their son. We just spend a few extra points and get a two bedroom instead of one.

Doesn't cost us anything more, and they get to see Disney in style.

We also take our time and don't rush things anymore. If we miss something, we'll get to it on a later trip. DVC has only made our trips better.

Now if only Hawaii would hurry up and open. :D

BiggerTigger

We just joined DVC and are excited about taking our first trip as DVC owners. A few friends made they comment "why?" Our rhetoric was why do you camp, hunt, NASCAR, boat? Yes, we have a long trip to Orlano (22 hours), we are not rick people, and we have spent previous vacations rushing from place to place. We are now looking at slowing down and enjoying ourselves.
This next trip I want to explore the World Show Case more than a quick fly through. Sit out at the pool, and just relax.
Here is to our future "Welcome Home".

TinkerBell#1

I feel the same way. Not 100% sure about Welcome Home, but completly understand why DVC has CM say it. In aspect we should feel at home.

I love the aspect having place to stay and relax. So, we do not have rush through the parks/rides.

On my next trip (on leave from Afgahnstand) I want a peacefull place thats full of happiness and fun. Top of that I am going during Christmas. My favorit time of the year. How many ppl do you know that puts an avg of 100 Christmas lights per foot of the Christmas tree.

Fizbain32

Harry it is not part of DVC. Go to www.ownerslocker.com
They have a Facebook page too. I am really glad we did it. Going to make trips so much more hassle free. I like the thoguht of being able to throw my clothes in a bog, hop in the car and GO!

I have seen the idea of these lockers before. But what would you put in them?

As AP holders we often joke by saying "... hey let's fly to the Magic Kingdom and get some pastries from the Main Street Bakery...." It's in our list of things to do :)

fredtom

My DW and I love DVC and being "welcomed home"... We were almost in tears the first time we heard it at SSR. "Membership is magical"... and we enjoy the freedom of visiting WDW whenever we like without having to worry about hotel costs. It is a great feeling to be able to relax and take our time to take in all the sights, sounds and smells that make Disney so special and unique.

Members since 2003.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

dizzney

As AP holders we often joke by saying "... hey let's fly to the Magic Kingdom and get some pastries from the Main Street Bakery...." It's in our list of things to do :)

We have shirts/shorts/bathing suits in the for DH and I; our ponchos/water fans/beach towels/beach bag; shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/toothpaste; condiments; extra water bottles from last trip; playing cards; flip flops; and more

We are thrilled that in august when we know we have a late flight and dont want to wait for our luggage, DH and I will be traveling with carry-on only. Makes our trip easier less to carry for sure and no worries with the liquid requirements for flying since we have them in our locker.

VWL-DVC

It feels like home when we pull into OKW. I have a friend who gos to Wells Beach Maine every summer for two weeks and stays in a pop up tent trailer for the past 25+ years. Every day he hangs out on the beach and every night they walk through the shops.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not really, its not my home, its a break from it. Its just like a hotel with less cleaning. But then we still have one 16 day trip per year which includes a few nights at Universal .

Erin_Akey

Original Poster

I thought mine would be too full! BUT once I put everythig in and closed it, there was plenty of room!

We have toiletries for all of us, my hair products, hubby's hair products, kids hair products, q-tips, shower gel for us all, my lotion, hubby's razors and shave gel, my girly razor, first aid kit, an extra cell phone charger, splenda packets, coffee, coffee filters, plastic spoons, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc etc etc. SO cool to know I do not have to pack all of this on our next trips.

sunsetgrill

I agree with you 100%. While I will probably not be a DVC member for 2-3 years, I made sure to move a lot closer than Massachusetts years ago. For 10 years, I have been only 3 hours away, and could not be happier no longer having to rush around trying to utilize every spare moment. I still look forward to being a DVC member and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :sohappy:

Pippa

I am taking my 3rd DVC member trip in October, my 10th trip in total and I got the DVC in my recent divorce. As cheesy as it sounds WDW makes me feel calm, happy and relaxed and I dont tire of hearing Welcome Home. I can't have spontaneous trips due to owning a dance school and being in the UK but I look forward all year to my annual visit for 2 weeks.

This year I'm getting to bring my fabulous new boyfriend and he is soooo excited as it's his first ever trip, if he ends up loving the place just a quarter of the amount that I do, I will be a very happy lady.

Wouldnt sell my membership for all the tea in china!

Yoop33

Thank you Erin and the rest of you. It is nice to know how much you value and appriciate the Club and what it can do for you and your family. It is something that not many have had the opportunity to experience while soo many pass up the opportunity just to learn about it. If you are at the WDW resort, please talk to guests about your experiences as a DVC Member. I speak with guests everyday about it and yet so many dont understand the Magic it can provide. There is nothing in the world like word of mouth, not to mention Members always love to tell their stories. So many Members will come up to me and tell me about their recent or current trips, how they became members and even how many points they have and where they own!! lol (although I think that is somewhat personal) I love hearing some of the stories because it helps me when explaining the club to non-members. So thank you!!

Yoop33

In away I can not wait to here Welcome Home when I come WDW on my Leave from Afgahnstand in DEC

:xmas:

I met a family last week who actually just flew in from Iraq to take a trip to Disney while on leave. I told them about the club, sent them to see the Open House and with in 24 hours, they became Members.

And as always, Thank you and your family for your service!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom