DME tags came in for May 17th...

Disney_Belle

Just letting you know my DME tags came in!!! Im leaving on the 17th and they came in today. My travel agent just called me and said they came in AND i was the lucky one to get the first NEW one lol. Everyone else had tink on theirs mine has the castle Yay! Although I have read some not so great reviews of DME this makes me so happy! Plus I just booked this trip like 2 weeks ago. I wasnt supposed to go until July. Hopefully more people can be receiving their tags(i changed my trip on such short notice i didnt expect to get them in). Hopefully it starts working out well for everyone :)

queeniemeg24

I'm glad you got your tags. My family and I leave on the 21st and hope we get them soon. Everyday when the mail comes I run out to check if the tags came yet. But from reading the different posts here I see that a lot don't come till a few days before.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:
What you have received is your souvenir Walt Disney Travel Company Luggage Tags for booking a vacation package. You don't need to used those tags at all if you don't want to. And yes, you received a second set due to your last minute change. Enjoy them!

For your Disney's Magical Express, you will receive a separate mailing about 10 - 15 days prior to your arrival. Inside will be a booklet with information on the Magical express and your DME luggage tags. The tags will be a yellow paper like material and will be preprinted with a bar code followed by your Resort, lead Guest name, arrival date, and a few lines of numbers. Also included in this book is your transfer vouchers.

Don't worry, your DME information kit will arrive soon and you will be on your way to a Magical Vacation! :sohappy:
Please check and make sure that the ones you got were the DME tags and not just the regular bag tags that are sent!!!! The above was from JPVonDrake describing what both look like!!! Took me a while to find it but I did!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Please check and make sure that the ones you got were the DME tags and not just the regular bag tags that are sent!!!! The above was from JPVonDrake describing what both look like!!! Took me a while to find it but I did!!! Belle

No i did get a bag tag and DME tags. The DME tags are sticky that you loop around the luggage handle (like you get at the airport) and mine are yellow with a green mickey on them that has the letters *AK* in it. Im staying at AS Music so its in the Animal Kingdom area and on t he tag it says All Star Music. I did get a reallly nice bag tag too that has cinderellas castle then you move it and the hologram shows the new castle and it says happiest celebration on earth :) :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Awesome!!!!!!! Just wanted to make sure that we can do everything that we can to insure that your bags and you get to the same place!!!!! I wonder if people who dont frequent these boards have mistaken the regular bag tags, the one with the Castle on it, for the DME tags!!! Maybe that explains the luggage that was missing for hours horror stories we have been hearing?? Belle

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Awesome!!!!!!! Just wanted to make sure that we can do everything that we can to insure that your bags and you get to the same place!!!!! I wonder if people who dont frequent these boards have mistaken the regular bag tags, the one with the Castle on it, for the DME tags!!! Maybe that explains the luggage that was missing for hours horror stories we have been hearing?? Belle

You know I was wondering the same thing ? In my DME package they sent me ( a booklet with the tags encloused) They did have a notice saying that because of the overwhelming response they got to the DME offer there has been a delay in the mailing of the packages etc. and it does state on the #3 thing to do before leaving home (this is in the booklet) that make sure you take your jewelry money camera etc with you in carry on and that if you want to go to the pool right away to pack your swimsuit and towel because this i quote "You will not have immediate access to your luggage* so i know what to bring with me in my carryon.

Upvote 0

Donaldation

We also got our tags today! We are leaving on the 16th. I think Disney is catching up on all the tags now. And when I talked to them, it sounds like they pretty much have everything else worked out too. People are getting there bags to there rooms within 4 hours at the latest, and there is a minimal wait for the busses now (according to Disney).

Upvote 0

hankhill

dme updates

hey everyone. We leave the 21st and received our tags about two weeks ago. I have been keeping a very close eye to the boards (arent they great) to check ans see how it is going after the debacle that was the first weekend. Just to let you know there is a May 11 update on mousesavers.com. here is the link.
http://www.mousesavers.com/magicalexpress.html
Thanks

Hank

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak529

That is a really good system! I went to the link to check it out. That is really nice, what a nice way to make you feel good about going on vacation. That would make me feel like a star!!
:cool:

Upvote 0

microconn

21 Days Out!

Hi Everyone,

Disney told me last night that you are now going to start getting them 21 days out from your trip! I go in August and that's what Guest Services told me. They are getting a handle on it apparently. Also, he told me that they show a 'special' movie on the way to the resorts.

Regs,

CJM

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom