DLR Picture of the Day

DonaldDoleWhip

IMG_6166_zps217d8559.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Never been to Disney California Adventure or Disneyland, so my judgement may be skewed, but I LOVE the theming of Paradise Pier. From what I've seen, they've executed the Victorian-esque seaside amusement park feel very well. And I think the view across the water is so gorgeous.

It's ok, as long as you ignore the midway booths. They fit Toy Story Mania very well into it, I think. Perfect fit, better than theme at HS, in my opinion. It also explains why a lot of the games have a "midway" feel about them.

I found myself actually enchanted with it, and impressed with the theme in person.

BryceM

It's ok, as long as you ignore the midway booths. They fit Toy Story Mania very well into it, I think. Perfect fit, better than theme at HS, in my opinion. It also explains why a lot of the games have a "midway" feel about them.

I found myself actually enchanted with it, and impressed with the theme in person.
I feel like the midway booths would fit perfectly, since it is themed after a classic amusement park and those were common there. And like you said, they help reinforce Toy Story Midway Mania's placement.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I feel like the midway booths would fit perfectly, since it is themed after a classic amusement park and those were common there. And like you said, they help reinforce Toy Story Midway Mania's placement.

Yeah, I just don't like midway games (lost WAY too much money there!)...but at least it makes sense with the theme, unlike Chester and Hesters!

I think the biggest pat on the back for designers should be the way they handled the roller coaster, using way too much steel to build it just so that it "appears" out of the corner of your eye, like a classic wood coaster.

Anyhow, not to derail the thread, my point is simple, very well done Disney, very well done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom