DLR Picture of the Day

Mickey_777

toontown_zps14ccae52.jpg

Cosmic Commando

Does it really look like that, or are you exaggerating?
Reminiscent of, not like a direct copy. If you ignore all the clutter in the foreground, the carousel and the ride next to it remind me of the WDW Fantasyland. Like if DL kept the same idea instead of going with the Bavarian village theme and made the faire theme as nice as they could, that's what "old" Fantasyland at WDW looks like.
4350669991_142ff20708_o.jpg

Sponsors%2012a.jpg

dweezil78

Reminiscent of, not like a direct copy. If you ignore all the clutter in the foreground, the carousel and the ride next to it remind me of the WDW Fantasyland. Like if DL kept the same idea instead of going with the Bavarian village theme and made the faire theme as nice as they could, that's what "old" Fantasyland at WDW looks like.
4350669991_142ff20708_o.jpg

Here's another good comparison shot for those of you unfamiliar with WDW's Fantasyland. Easy to see the similarities here with the original FL at DL which didn't change until 1983... Keep in mind that WDW opened in 1971 (just a mere 16 years after DL opened -- to put that in perspective, Indy at DL will be turning 18 this year!)

Magic%20Kingdom%20Peter%20Pans%20Flight.JPG

dweezil78

Oh I was just making the Indy comment because we typically think of WDW being a fairly recent, post-Walt thing. But in reality, DL is older by just 16 years.

In perspective, the Indy ride has been around for 18 and that doesn't seem long ago at all. (to me anyways, then again I'm in my mid 30s) Hopefully that makes sense in some convoluted way that my brain is processing right now... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom