DLR Food: Where to eat and where not to!

JillC LI

Thanks for this info! These posts usually show up after I've visited but thankfully I have three weeks. Corn dogs are totally on my list of things to try. Might have to compare the two mentioned and let you know my results.

For what it's worth, we loved our corn dogs from Corn Dog Castle at DCA this past May.

We also LOOOOOVED the broccoli and cheddar soup in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf Cafe. Nearly ate the plates.

StarWarsGirl

Tomorrowland Terrace: Seriously, avoid this place at all costs. The burgers are gross, the fries aren't that great, and it's just lackluster overall. One can find better food elsewhere.

The place is barren for a reason:

Tomorrowland-Terrace2.jpg
We ate there because we were all starving and in Tomorrowland. It wasn't horrible, but not fantastic either.

I seem to remember going there in 2009 and having breakfast there and it being good. But that was almost 6 years ago.

Village Haus: Village Haus is not as bad as the other two, but it's not worth a visit IMO.

P1269735.JPG
Interesting. I didn't try the DL version, but its WDW counterpart is really very good. Good flatbreads.

River Belle Terrace: Another great option and alternative to burgers and chicken strips.

River-Belle-Terrace2.jpg
Didn't get to eat here for lunch, but their breakfast was fantastic.

Flo's V8 Cafe: Really good comfort food and fantastic atmosphere!

DSC_1354%20as%20Smart%20Object-1-M.jpg
We weren't wild about their lunch/dinner choices, but for breakfast? A+
Cocina Cucamonga: Like Rancho, they do not offer truly authentic Mexican food, but the food is pretty tasty.

Cocina-Mexican-Grill1.jpg
Oh, my favorite QS place.
Pacific Wharf Cafe: Very tasty soups.

PacificWharfCafe.jpg

Agreed. :)

UofMGuy423

Village Haus is a sufficient quick service place. The pizza is the same you'd get anywhere in WDW and the burger and fries I had were good.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Here's my $.02 from our May 2012 trip:

Loves:
We LOVED Goofy's - we're character meal dorks
French Market was phenomenal
Flo's was great!
Trader Sam's is a must-do
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - was great - I was iffy about eating outside but it's a lot like Hoop Dee Doo at WDW

OKs:
Carnation Cafe - food was good but atmosphere was meh.
Naples - food was good but EXPENSIVE (even for Disney)
Storytellers - went here for Mother's Day - VERY expensive buffet - food was decent though but the line for the buffet was long

MUST Do's for our October trip:
Blue Bayou
Carthay Circle

Minnie1976

Bayou Blue, I ate there on our last trip. Big mistake, I ordered the jambalaya. Being from south Louisiana it was a disappointment and not like any jambalaya I've ever eaten or cooked before.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Just tried the new lunch menu at River Belle Terrace yesterday. Both the Sirloin and Cheddar sandwich with peppers and onions & the Chicken Sandwich with Honey Mustard were really good!

Mukta

Jolly Holiday is currently one of my favorites. The grilled cheese and tomato soup really hit the spot. There are a lot of great CS places in DL like Pizza Port or Plaza, but the TS places in the hotels are something special.

Like the Chef's Table at Citricos? Check out the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose. Spectacular.

zooey

I really like starting the day at Carnation Cafe. The food is typical breakfast fare, but I like watching the people coming down main street and Oscar, if he's working, will probably come to your table to ask how the meal was. That part is a highlight for us.
Trader Sams... Oh the cash I've dropped here. But its worth it, drinks and food both. The chicken wings there are perhaps my favorite ever.
Rancho was surprisingly good and its fun to sit over near BTM.
Skip Blue Bayou.
Corn Dog cart is amazing.
Jolly Holidays Matterhorn macaroons are a huge favorite. They are so so good.
Steakhouse 55 breakfast is possibly the best deal on property. The steak for dinner is also worth it, get the rib eye.
Ralph Brennens is also tasty but we usually get the begneits at the window.
Best quick go to for us is Earl of Sandwich.Love the original!
If you can afford it and book it... NAPA rose chefs table has been the best meal of my year two years in a row.

OMG thank you SOOOOO much for this! I'm a WDW veteran & haven't been to DL since 1997! I have corn dogs & plaza fried ckn on my list!!

How are the cinnamon rolls @ Jolly Holiday Bakery? What about adult drinks at Carathay circle just at the bar. Don't want to eat there.

GiveMeTheMusic

OMG thank you SOOOOO much for this! I'm a WDW veteran & haven't been to DL since 1997! I have corn dogs & plaza fried ckn on my list!!

How are the cinnamon rolls @ Jolly Holiday Bakery? What about adult drinks at Carathay circle just at the bar. Don't want to eat there.

Cinnamon rolls are ok. The drinks at the Carthay Lounge are great, but the Napa Rose lounge (a few steps inside GCH from DCA) is even better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom