DLP's Cinemaique coming to Florida?

basas

mhead said:
Thunder Mountain is a clone IN California - it was originally in Florida. Of course I see a clone as an exact duplicate of something and those rides mentioned are not the same in Cali. as they are in Florida - (except for Thunder Mountain) :p

Actually Thunder Mountain opened in DL first, before opening in the MK. Space did open at MK first but the two are completely different rides (DL's new space quite a bit better too :) )

Any addition would be good to MGM...except for the Power Rangers show....

ogryn

speck76 said:
No.....Animagique is more like the blakc-light segment of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, from my understanding.

It is not a movie.

Yes. That's correct :)

Didn't appeal to me very much! :cool:

FigmentJedi

If they had to reedit it, I'm just wondering if they'd end up including the whole "Martin Short digitally inserted into Star Wars" scene. That just kinda makes me shudder that the Imagineers did something worse then Han shooting first or Hayden digitally put in ROTJ.

Chape19714

mhead said:
Thunder Mountain is a clone IN California - it was originally in Florida. Of course I see a clone as an exact duplicate of something and those rides mentioned are not the same in Cali. as they are in Florida - (except for Thunder Mountain) :p

Thunder Mountain at WDW is actually a mirror Opposite of the Thunder Mountain in Disneyland, so they're not the same. The left turns are right turns and vice versa. :p Although WDW's Thunder was supposed to open before DL's, DL's actually opened first.

The only thing that DL cloned from Walt disney world is Country Bear Jambore, which is now gone. Even though rides share the same name, they are not clones. DCA is a bit of a different story, however, with Muppetvision, ToT, and It's Tough to be a Bug, although the theaming is different in Cali's Versions. :D :)

Cinemagic sounds like a great addition, the ABC Sound studio needs something by now!

njblackberry

We just got back today from DLRP and we like Cinemagique so much that we saw it twice; my wife asked wondered why they don't move it to Disney/MGM - it is absolutely superb. Great plot line; great execution. Martin Short, as usual, is brilliant. It would be a very worth addition to Disney/MGM. Animagique, on the other hand, can stay in Paris. Not worth the effort.

dxwwf3

Tahu said:
If they had to reedit it, I'm just wondering if they'd end up including the whole "Martin Short digitally inserted into Star Wars" scene. That just kinda makes me shudder that the Imagineers did something worse then Han shooting first or Hayden digitally put in ROTJ.

The first sign you are a Star Wars fan, but not a superfan:

*You don't really care who shoots first, you appreciate the changes Lucas made for the SE's and the DVD's, and you are glad to see Hayden at the end of Jedi (My favorite SW film BTW) because it ties everything together*

I'm guilty as charged :lol:

mhead

DCA is a bit of a different story, however, with Muppetvision, ToT, and It's Tough to be a Bug, although the theaming is different in Cali's Versions. :D :)

In my opinion DCA is a major waste of space - should have remained a parking lot.

stitchcastle

dxwwf3 said:
The first sign you are a Star Wars fan, but not a superfan:

*You don't really care who shoots first, you appreciate the changes Lucas made for the SE's and the DVD's, and you are glad to see Hayden at the end of Jedi (My favorite SW film BTW) because it ties everything together*

I'm guilty as charged :lol:

I am exactly the same way....it's like reading what's in my head

imagineersrock

mhead said:
DCA is a bit of a different story, however, with Muppetvision, ToT, and It's Tough to be a Bug, although the theaming is different in Cali's Versions. :D :)

In my opinion DCA is a major waste of space - should have remained a parking lot.
The TOT at DCA is by no means an exact "clone" like the ITTBAB or Muppets 3D attractions there... Some might even argue enjoying their's more than the origional. Also, I think DCA has plenty of potential. Who knows, it may be something really great 10 years down the road from now. :)

dxwwf3

I have NEVER understood the negative feelings toward DCA's Tower of Terror. From the videos I've seen the building looks beautiful on the inside and the ride looks just as good, if not better than ours in WDW. I honestly think that DLR fans are much harder to please and in some cases they are impossible to please.

DCA has Tower and Soarin'. Not to mention Grizzly and a nice Animation exhibit. It seems like a pretty darn fun park to me.

speck76

dxwwf3 said:
I have NEVER understood the negative feelings toward DCA's Tower of Terror. From the videos I've seen the building looks beautiful on the inside and the ride looks just as good, if not better than ours in WDW. I honestly think that DLR fans are much harder to please and in some cases they are impossible to please.

DCA has Tower and Soarin'. Not to mention Grizzly and a nice Animation exhibit. It seems like a pretty darn fun park to me.

I think it appeals to WDW people more than DL people.....

DL was the only park there for a long time, and, if anything, is over developed.

I think a lot of DL people expected a park that was comparable to DL.....but they fail to realize that DL was not built in a day.....it took 50 years to get it to its current state.

imagineersrock

dxwwf3 said:

It was great dxwwf3, we just got back from a trip (been meaning to get some pics posted online actually.) But honestly- my family thoroughly enjoyed DCA. I can see why certain areas of the park might not have as much appeal to locals... but all-in-all it is a beautiful park with some very worth-while attractions. California Screamin' was an incredibly fun coaster... suprisingly decent length too. Soarin' speaks for itself. ToT was wonderful, the special effects were great and in my opinion the drop profile out-does any of our current "random" ones. Grizzly River Run is quite possibly the most fun river rapids ride I've ever been on (Blows our Kali River Rapids out of the water... no pun intended, lol). The animation building is very well done, the only thing I missed was our "Animation Academy." And finally, there was the Aladdin show... Simply amazing, the Genie was laugh-out-loud funny, and my mother commented that this one show was worth the park admission price alone. It really was a fantastic production. On top of all this, most of the park was wonderfully themed, and there were some great and unique eateries.

Now- if all this doesn't sound like the foundation for a very enjoyable theme park, I don't know what does. Give DCA a chance, Its a neat place.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
I think a lot of DL people expected a park that was comparable to DL.....but they fail to realize that DL was not built in a day.....it took 50 years to get it to its current state.

Uh-huh

dxwwf3

imagineersrock said:
Now- if all this doesn't sound like the foundation for a very enjoyable theme park, I don't know what does. Give DCA a chance, Its a neat place.

Exactly!

I'd love to get to go to DCA (And DL) this December, but that all depends on if a certain college football team plays in the Rose Bowl :lol:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
I have NEVER understood the negative feelings toward DCA's Tower of Terror. From the videos I've seen the building looks beautiful on the inside and the ride looks just as good, if not better than ours in WDW.

I enjoyed the actual ride more at DCA (It would have been better with a real 5th Dimension, though). I thought it had better sound and lighting effects during the drops. I also liked their lobby more and really liked how the storm is going on outside the library windows as you are entering.

However, their boiler room, while impressive in its size, was too colorful for my liking and took away some of the creepiness. They also have nothing on the original's gardens and the view of the tower from street level.

I give the edge to the original solely because it has a much better atmosphere inside and out. DCA's isn't terrible by any means, though.

imagineersrock

I completely agree with that review, MrNonacho. DCA's boiler room really didn't feel very creepy at all IMO. I also missed the creepy mist-filled garden area... waiting in a standard square queue just wasn't the same. I would only favor the origional based on how "immersive" the experience is... but it is a close call.

Now- if we could get DCA's current drop profile and the mirror special effect... there would be no competition lol.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
Exactly!

I'd love to get to go to DCA (And DL) this December, but that all depends on if a certain college football team plays in the Rose Bowl :lol:

I wouldn't bet on it, there is a certain obstacle in your way *cough*LSU*cough* :lol:

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
I wouldn't bet on it, there is a certain obstacle in your way *cough*LSU*cough* :lol:

We can lose to them the first time as long as we play them again and win that one in the ATL ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom