DLP's Cinemaique coming to Florida?

dxwwf3

OnWithTheShow said:
They are currently running a small Power Rangers show/meet and greet at the end of NY Street by the Backlot Tour turnaround.

Make sure to aviod walking by that meet and greet because they turn the music up WAY too loud! We walked by it on our way to LMX and if I wasn't pushing a wheelchair, I would have been covering my ears. They just bring out the characters in the vehicle from Stars and Motorcars and blast music from that thing.

MaxGoof7

If Cinemagic from Disney Studios in Paris could be placed in Disney MGM Studios, Maybe it can be placed at WWTBAM play it. The ABC Theater and ABC Sound Studio will probably become Disney Channel Theater and Sound Studio. And possibly Voyage of the Little Mermaid or ABC Theater will replace it with Kim Possible Stage Show. Voyage of the little mermaid was 13 years old since 1992. A Possible rumor that Bueno Nacho will be placed at Disney-MGM Studios somewhere around Sunset Blvd, New York Street, or Hollywood Blvd so that Guests can try Mexican food like Nacos from Kim Possible for the First Time.
For Animagique, I don't know. I want Disney-MGM Studios to continue to grow with More Sound Stages for More shows and even more attractions so that guests don't have to be bored that much. Plus new meets and greets will be listed sooner sometime. Looks like will find out for ourselves in the future.

DisneyRoxMySox

Ok, I admit, I don't hate ALL clones...

The ones I don't mind are the ones in MK, all of them, because that Magic Kingdoms are standard, if you will.

But what I don't like is cloning something that makes a park unique. Like Soarin' for instance it made DCA unique, but now that it's at WDW, there is one less reason to go to DLR.

I have never seen Cinemagique, I will when I eventually get to Paris.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
It belongs in the back of Exposition Hall....where NOTHING currenty exists

That's very true. As long as they don't get rid of that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride car :animwink:

speck76

They should put the movie in the old theater (that is no longer in use) and put the exhibits in the area where the set cut-outs are currently. They can keep the animation timeline and smaller theater (which plays Steamboat Willie, Flowers and Trees, and The Band Concert), as both should fit without issue.

bhg469

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Ok, I admit, I don't hate ALL clones...

The ones I don't mind are the ones in MK, all of them, because that Magic Kingdoms are standard, if you will.

But what I don't like is cloning something that makes a park unique. Like Soarin' for instance it made DCA unique, but now that it's at WDW, there is one less reason to go to DLR.

I have never seen Cinemagique, I will when I eventually get to Paris.

So if you havent seen it how can you say you hate it. I for one wont ever go to japan (most likely anyway) so i will never ride journey to the center of the earth unless it comes here as a clone.

DisneyRoxMySox

bhg469 said:
So if you havent seen it how can you say you hate it. I for one wont ever go to japan (most likely anyway) so i will never ride journey to the center of the earth unless it comes here as a clone.

I never said I hated IT. I said I hated clones. What I meant was i hate rides they take away a parks uniqueness, if thats a word.

Connor002

ok we're one of the few US families to have been to DLP

if i remember corectly, this is what they were

CineMagique (translated loosly i think it means Movie/Cinema Magic)

plot- guy get traped inside a movie, in a very funny way which i won't spoil, traveles through different movies
special effects- i can only remember one noticible in house effect, which was done rather well
set- a movie screen with a small stage
rating- i'd say a good seven, my favorite in the park coupled with Animagique, i would say that it was geared more to older crowds than younger ones, however

Animagiqeu (translated loosly, Animation Magic)

plot- the always competitive and irrascrible, resulting from a little contest, donald traveles through animated disney movies, due to his curisoty and jealosly
special effects- i don't remember any, though i think there were some
set- a stage with eloborat and "cartoony" props and backrounds, many chracters made of puppets
rating- i'd say a strong eight or a nine, i thought it was a really great show that all ages enjoyed

i'd say that either would be a great addition to the studios, with my sugestion as Animagique, because it apealed to all ages
i would say that either would fit into the studio atmosphere perfectly

and i would love to see these shows all in english :p (the version out there is multi-lingual):p

hope that helps everyone

ogryn

Cinemagique Spoiler (Highlight Text)

<span style="color:#00000F; background-color: #00000F;">
It begins like a usual Disney show with the safety spiel, then the film starts with a girl being trapped by an evil magician (Alan [various films including X-Men2]) in a b&w silent movie. Then a cellphone goes off in the audience, and an obnoxious american tourist gets up and starts talking. The cast members in the theatre try to get him to sit down and shut up, but he's in his own little world and wanders up onto the stage.

While this is happening the girl and the wizard in the film are looking down at him, and the wizard is getting annoyed. He then uses his magic to put the American man into the film. The American man (now played by Martin Short) falls in love with the girl and goes in search of a way out of the film, which take him on a trip through the history of movies.

It's funny, moving, and one part will make you jump. Short's interaction with the characters of the movies he is stuck in is astounding</span>

mhead

Chape19714 said:
Everyone says they hate clones, but what if WDW had no Haunted Mansion, PotC, Small world, peterpan, snow white, jungle cruise, thunder mountain, splash mountain, etc., etc, because they are all clones too!

I would welcome a new show to MGM studios. Clones are ok by me!

Thunder Mountain is a clone IN California - it was originally in Florida. Of course I see a clone as an exact duplicate of something and those rides mentioned are not the same in Cali. as they are in Florida - (except for Thunder Mountain) :p

netenyahoo

It sounds like Animagique is similar to Philarmagic, so I don't think it should be cloned. They could add some animated movies to Cinemagique to make it more appealing to younger kids.

speck76

netenyahoo said:
It sounds like Animagique is similar to Philarmagic, so I don't think it should be cloned. They could add some animated movies to Cinemagique to make it more appealing to younger kids.

No.....Animagique is more like the blakc-light segment of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, from my understanding.

It is not a movie.

DisneyChik17

I think I would really like to see Cinemaique at MGM. With the rights issue, America has such great film history, they could get rights to thse. I would love to see it with a Charlie CHaplin film, Breafast at Tiffany's, Brat Pack movies and even the newer "It girl" movies. I think if they did an american adaption, it would still be as wonderful and amazing as you all are saying it is.

T-1MILLION

I read all of the spoilers since i will not be in parid anytime soon and it saounds so awesome. :sohappy: I want it at MGM! I am a Martin Short fan. :D

stitchcastle

I've always felt that Cinemagique would be a FANTASTIC addition to Disney-MGM, it would also be the perfect attraction to place inside the Chinese Theater.

I say bring Cinemagique and Mickey's Philharmagic into Disney-MGM!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom