DL AP refund or extend update w/ contact info

Supreme Leader

Np, in addition I believe I heard Disney was allowing APs to cancel and get out of their contract early if they wanted. And if needed refund the remaining amount based on time left on an AP if it was paid in full.
Thanks! My pass technically expires in 9 days so I wanted to somehow extend it so I can potentially go when they reopen.

Travel Junkie

I suspect all APs during the reservation period are being converted over to the Flex AP. And then once the reservation period is over, and I suspect it’ll be here the rest of 2020, all APs will go back to their original tier. Or Disney may decide to end all other tiers and just have the Flex AP, some have thought they would do this anyways.

I have a signature pass and right now. If I go to view my ticket in the app, a box pops up saying that Disney flex passport reservations are currently unavailable. My ticket media still says signature passport though. It certainly feels like they are preparing to switch everyone over to the Flex pass. I wonder if Disney is going to refund the difference between higher tier passports and the price of a Flex. I would hope so.

I believe I heard Disney was allowing APs to cancel and get out of their contract early if they wanted. And if needed refund the remaining amount based on time left on an AP if it was paid in full.

They did announce this for WDW passes. I assume it is coming for DL as well. You can choose to cancel your pass and be refunded time remaining for those who paid in full. If you keep the pass you will have 1 month added in addition to the time the the park was closed. So you end up with 13 months of park open time for a 12 month pass.

Curious Constance

I have a signature pass and right now. If I go to view my ticket in the app, a box pops up saying that Disney flex passport reservations are currently unavailable. My ticket media still says signature passport though. It certainly feels like they are preparing to switch everyone over to the Flex pass. I wonder if Disney is going to refund the difference between higher tier passports and the price of a Flex. I would hope so.

They did announce this for WDW passes. I assume it is coming for DL as well. You can choose to cancel your pass and be refunded time remaining for those who paid in full. If you keep the pass you will have 1 month added in addition to the time the the park was closed. So you end up with 13 months of park open time for a 12 month pass.

I don’t know if this makes a difference or not but I don’t have an AP, and when I go to look at my multi-day tickets in the app I get the same flex pass pop up. That just started a few days ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I received the Flex Pass announcement too. It would seem they are switching at least everyone to the Flex reservation system. However I wouldn't think they would give a price difference as the contract does say subject to availability even for a Signature Pass (which I have as well). So the reservation system is not going to be any different, as it also covers the term of "subject to availability". It may not seem fair but you can always cancel and wait until things get back to "fair".

Actually it'll end up being 17 months, 4 months for the closure and 1 month for the free month Disney is giving. So if you bought your AP in January 2020 it'll end up with an expiration of June 2021 instead of the January 2020.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The lame thing with this is that no one knows how long reservation system will be active. If it's more than a month, passes values are reduced.
I hate to say it but 2020 has no value for APs anyways, its a lost year nothing really Disney can do to fix that. So either you accept it and just hold onto your AP hoping 2021 will be better, or you cancel it and get a refund. Sorry to be blunt but there is no other way to look at it.

mickEblu

I hate to say it but 2020 has no value for APs anyways, its a lost year nothing really Disney can do to fix that. So either you accept it and just hold onto your AP hoping 2021 will be better, or you cancel it and get a refund. Sorry to be blunt but there is no other way to look at it.

The value is they can visit the parks as no new tickets or passes are being sold. If these reservation months aren’t counting towards the original term of the AP, I can’t see what they have to lose unless their was some reason they can’t visit after the original 12 months they planned for.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The value is they can visit the parks as no new tickets or passes are being sold. If these reservation months aren’t counting towards the original term of the AP, I can’t see what they have to lose unless their was some reason they can’t visit after the original 12 months they planned for.
The "value" for some is not the same "value" for others. If AP "value" is defined by not having to make a reservation and going anytime you want, well then 2020 has no value to an AP. Because as far as I can see the reservation system is likely here through at least the rest of 2020 if not into half of 2021, maybe even permanent. Also if DLR reservation system is going to be just like WDW then APs are going to be limited to only 3 reservation days at a time. Effectively turning all APs into the FlexPass, even Signature Plus APs. So to many Signature and Signature Plus APs I suspect that will be a deal breaker as to them there wouldn't be "value" in that type of system. Especially if the reservation system is here to stay through the end of 2020 and into 2021, if not permanent.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also to add to what I said above, there is no indication Disney is going to waive the reservation time as not counting at the domestic parks. They don't appear to have done this with WDW APs, and I wouldn't expect any different with DLR APs either. So unless its something that just hasn't been announced yet, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Now just note for myself I will be keeping my AP at least through the "extended expiration", after that I don't know.

mickEblu

The "value" for some is not the same "value" for others. If AP "value" is defined by not having to make a reservation and going anytime you want, well then 2020 has no value to an AP. Because as far as I can see the reservation system is likely here through at least the rest of 2020 if not into half of 2021, maybe even permanent. Also if DLR reservation system is going to be just like WDW then APs are going to be limited to only 3 reservation days at a time. Effectively turning all APs into the FlexPass, even Signature Plus APs. So to many Signature and Signature Plus APs I suspect that will be a deal breaker as to them there wouldn't be "value" in that type of system. Especially if the reservation system is here to stay through the end of 2020 and into 2021, if not permanent.

Oh. I was operating under the assumption that the reservation system would be brief and that after the reservation system ends the expiration date of the AP would move however many months were left on the AP before they closed in March. I thought I read that somewhere. Is that not the case?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh. I was operating under the assumption that the reservation system would be brief and that after the reservation system ends the expiration date of the AP would move however many months were left on the AP before they closed in March. I thought I read that somewhere. Is that not the case?
Not as far as I can tell from the WDW reservation system. They list the WDW reservation system as going through September 26, 2021. Now that just could be some far off date they just picked, or it could be they anticipate using it all the way through September 2021.

Here is the reservation detail site:

Here is the AP details based on the above reservation system:

So I don't expect DLR to be any different. Reservations are here to stay at least through 2020 if not through mid-2021. Also no where on the WDW AP link above do they mention expiration's only being applied after the reservation period ends. Although they mention that the "one month extension" will be added in October 2020. So maybe that is where some get the idea the reservations are only lasting through October, but based on the reservation page that doesn't appear to be the case.

Phroobar

I'm all for the reservations system if that means the number of APs will dramtically drop. Disneyland operates much better with smaller crowds and hopefully this is a way to bring come of the fun back to the parks instead of being treated like cattle. Now if they can limit the number of reservations per AP pass to X per year we would have a great system.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm all for the reservations system if that means the number of APs will dramtically drop. Disneyland operates much better with smaller crowds and hopefully this is a way to bring come of the fun back to the parks instead of being treated like cattle. Now if they can limit the number of reservations per AP pass to X per year we would have a great system.
Well I suspect you're going to get your wish as 1. APs appear to be limited in the number of reservations they will be able to hold at any one time, 3 dates at a time based on the WDW system, and 2. I suspect once announced a lot of DLR APs will cancel their passes. Not to mention the limited capacity anyways during this period.

Ismael Flores

Here's to hoping Disneyland extends passes throughout the reservation period as well. Time will tell.

Yes they really need to extend the passes thru the reservation period or until they raise the capacity level of the park.

One other thing that they should consider is to reactivate the annual passes only after it has been used to make the first park reservation.
Give the passholder the option to go ahead and take the chance of going right away and see if they will be able to take advantage of their passes or wait a couple months more and see where things are at that point

mickEblu

Well I suspect you're going to get your wish as 1. APs appear to be limited in the number of reservations they will be able to hold at any one time, 3 dates at a time based on the WDW system, and 2. I suspect once announced a lot of DLR APs will cancel their passes. Not to mention the limited capacity anyways during this period.

I’m looking for that sweet spot where masks aren’t Required and hours are extended but reservations are still required.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m looking for that sweet spot where masks aren’t Required and hours are extended but reservations are still required.
2020 may not be your year. Or at least not for the first couple months. As I suspects masks will be required at the Parks until at least winter if not into 2021. Just a guess, but I just have a feeling for liability reasons Disney is just going to keep the masks going longer than most businesses.

Phroobar

I would also remove the monthly payment plan and reduce the number of AP tiers down to two. One with no blackout dates and one with a small select limited number of blacked out dates. This is in an effort to keep former Magic Mountain-type guests from causing fights in Toon Town. Finally I would get rid of Max Pass/Fast Pass and go with just a standby line. However I know the opposite might happen and the standby line would go away instead.

mickEblu

2020 may not be your year. Or at least not for the first couple months. As I suspects masks will be required at the Parks until at least winter if not into 2021. Just a guess, but I just have a feeling for liability reasons Disney is just going to keep the masks going longer than most businesses.

Even if they are required I suspect that in practice it will work just like all the other business’s that have opened. Wear the mask upon entry And at the register and then it’s not really enforced. In Disneyland’s case, it would be when entering the park, shopping in a store, walking into a restaurant, buying a snack, Attraction entrances and attraction loading zones. I see those being that will be most enforced and where people will comply the most as they are brief, (mostly) indoors and involve interaction with an employee. At least that’s how I’d do it and probably in the queues as well.... for others, not for myself. On rides and when I’m walking around the park that thing is coming off. Regardless, I’ve started doing this new thing where I have the mask just under my nose. That way i can breathe and it makes everyone feel safe.

mistyj

The other value might be in HAVING a Signature or Signature Plus pass. Who's to say, if you get your pass refunded, DL will ever sell an unlimited pass again? Rumor has it DL has been looking for a way to get a handle on the number of passholders and their access for a while. This may be it. The only way to have an unlimited pass may be to be grandfathered in. Some people would see value in that.

mickEblu

The other value might be in HAVING a Signature or Signature Plus pass. Who's to say, if you get your pass refunded, DL will ever sell an unlimited pass again? Rumor has it DL has been looking for a way to get a handle on the number of passholders and their access for a while. This may be it. The only way to have an unlimited pass my be to be grandfathered in. Some people would see value in that.

True. With that said they have just stopped selling passes before including the Option to renew.

I think they ll always have a top tier pass with no or very few blackouts and the lowest tier pass that excludes summer, holidays and weekends. It’s in the middle where things get interesting and I think that where reservations come into play. The middle of the pack may be just different tiered flex passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom