DL AP refund or extend update w/ contact info

SoCalMort

Original Poster
As noted in the WDW forum, they've updated both DL and WDW's closure info pages. The info looks to be identical for both parks except for the number you need to call if:

- You have paid in full and want a partial refund for the closure period.
- You are in the monthly payment program and want your payments suspended until reopening instead of refunded.

DL Passholders must call 714-781-4567 to request either of the above options. Full details, including what happens if you don't call, here:

Darkbeer1

And here is a tip.

If you bought the pass as a "New" AP member, then you made a deposit, and making a payment less than a 1/12th of the total price, so extending the pass is the best option, unless you are really need the money, or not planning to visit the parks after the original expiration date.

cmwade77

And here is a tip.

If you bought the pass as a "New" AP member, then you made a deposit, and making a payment less than a 1/12th of the total price, so extending the pass is the best option, unless you are really need the money, or not planning to visit the parks after the original expiration date.
Right, but for those of us that have renewed, it becomes a bit more complicated.

Darkbeer1

Right, but for those of us that have renewed, it becomes a bit more complicated.

Yes, it depends on the price you set in when you renewed compared to the current price. Extending the AP locks in the lower price for longer.

But there are other factors, so not as clear, and really needs to be looked at on a case to case basis?

Such as will you renew again?

How badly do you need money currently?

So I didn't get into it.

The "New" AP's are much more clear.

cmwade77

Yes, it depends on the price you set in when you renewed compared to the current price. Extending the AP locks in the lower price for longer.

But there are other factors, so not as clear, and really needs to be looked at on a case to case basis?

Such as will you renew again?

How badly do you need money currently?

So I didn't get into it.

The "New" AP's are much more clear.
Right and with reduced demand that is likely to happen and/or restrictions in capacity, will Disney have to modify the pass system, stop selling them or lower prices? We honestly have no clue, but extending monthly payments at least guarantees locking in what you have a little bit longer.

MoonRakerSCM

I called the number today and the voice on the line stated that payments will continue... (edit: to clarify, the voice stated that without doing anything, my payments will continue, this is opposite though of what is said in this thread???)

It then said my wait time was 65 minutes so I hung up being I didn't have the time. I'll try again tomorrow...

Last edited:

Sailor310

I called DL Sunday after misreading refund options on another site. I only waited a matter of seconds on the call. I thought I got a full refund of my prepaid AP, less the days from first use to park closing. I'm high risk, so I gave up on going back any time soon. What I will get is a refund for the days the park is closed. I find myself in the bipolar position of wanting a quick resolution and park opening but getting more refund the longer the park is closed. :confused:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just a PSA: if you call in to extend your pass, make sure they actually do it. The first cm I talked to was a complete **** and rushed me off the phone. It left a bad taste in my mouth so I called again and the second cm told me he saw no notes or any changes. They unfortunately don't send any confirmations so best thing I can say is go with your gut and trust the cms who are friendly & informative.

Ismael Flores

So i am curious, does anyone have the full info of how they are handling this?

I keep hearing so many different things from multiple people. The last person i spoke to said the following.

This person is on the monthly payment program an his pass was due to expire in June.

He called to have his pass extended because he was not sure how they would handle renewals in the middle of the shutdown.

1) He spoke to the CM and they went ahead and extended his pass. The extension of the pass will be determined on the amount of days that the parks are closed.

2) no payments are being deducted from anyone whether you leave your pass with the same expiration date or if you are extending the pass.

3) If you leave the same expiration date as is, once the park opens your billing will continue and you will continue paying for the remaining months on your pass.

4) If you extend your expiration date, your payments will continue on your same billing cycle. Your pass will be extended the amount of days that the parks were closed and you will pay your full yearly membership during those extended months. They basically put your pass on a hold and continues once parks open.

The People that paid in full have their passes on hold and will continue once parks are open with an extended expiration date. Those that paid in full also have the option to keep the same expiration date and get a refund for the days the park was closed. My guess is that they will not be able to determine those refunds until they know for sure when parks will open.

So my question is, has anyone who is on the monthly payment plan gotten their refund yet?
parks closed on March 14 and payments stopped on April 5th.

Does anyone know how Disneyland does their billing?

For example, my niece does the payment plan and was billed on March 27. Is that payment applied to a monthly cycle of March27 - April27 ? or is that payment applied to a billing cycle of February 27 - March 27?

The difference will depend on what her refund will be.

If it applies to the March 27 - April 27 cycle then she should expect a full refund of the monthly payment plus an additional percentage refund for the days from March 14 - March 27.

If it applies to the February 27 to March 27 then her partial refund would be from March -14 to March 27 only. Anything beyond that date would not have been billed yet till the April 27 billing cycle.

Also forgot to ask, does anyone know if they put a date limit to make changes on the passes? Since all billing has stopped for passes whether you extend or not i would think they did not add a deadline to make the change. My pass end on January 8th and want to keep that date because it always falls right before the price increases. At that point i could renew at the same price and have all of 2021 at the same price structure. If the parks opens up in lets say June or August and i extend the pass then it will expire right after the normal price hikes and will have to renew with the new price increase.

Maybe Darkbeer knows

Last edited:

flutas

For example, my niece does the payment plan and was billed on March 27. Is that payment applied to a monthly cycle of March27 - April27 ? or is that payment applied to a billing cycle of February 27 - March 27?

The difference will depend on what her refund will be.

If it applies to the March 27 - April 27 cycle then she should expect a full refund of the monthly payment plus an additional percentage refund for the days from March 14 - March 27.

If it applies to the February 27 to March 27 then her partial refund would be from March -14 to March 27 only. Anything beyond that date would not have been billed yet till the April 27 billing cycle.

I'm on the plan as well, billed on the 27th also. I haven't gotten a refund yet, but I think I may be able to answer the timeframe questions.

LsOfsXK.png

Based on the wording in the contract, a payment happens on the first day you purchase the pass (as well as a downpayment for those who require it), so it seems that payments are forward facing. I.E. a payment on March 27th would be paying for March 27th through April 27th, and we should expect a 100% refund for the payment, rather than a prorated refund. This would also make sense as doing post-payments could lead to someone using the pass for a month and then defaulting, meaning they "got" an extra month without a payment.

Ismael Flores

My APs are paid in full and expire in early June. I do not want to lose the parking benefit I have.

The website is prompting me to renew which is silly because the parks will have been closed for 2+ months on my renewal date, and likely will be closed after the date as well. Shouldn't they extend people's expiration at least until they reopen?

Something else that worries me is that on the website I don't even see an option to add parking to my renewal again. Hopefully when I call this can be figured out.

I would call and have them extend your pass instead of getting a refund, In your case it makes sense. Your pass would then not expire in June but instead be extended the amount of closure after they open.

Also your parking should be grandfathered in if you had it previously, i know they have been doing that for a co-worker. His pass also expire in June and when he called to extend it he questioned the parking situation

what i am not sure about is how they handle the parking if someone for example like me has a signature pass with parking and has been a consistent passholder for the last 10 years. I was told once that if i downgraded to a flex that they would honor the ability to add parking because i had been grandfathered in with a consistent passholder renewal for so long without lapse.

cmwade77

I would call and have them extend your pass instead of getting a refund, In your case it makes sense. Your pass would then not expire in June but instead be extended the amount of closure after they open.

Also your parking should be grandfathered in if you had it previously, i know they have been doing that for a co-worker. His pass also expire in June and when he called to extend it he questioned the parking situation

what i am not sure about is how they handle the parking if someone for example like me has a signature pass with parking and has been a consistent passholder for the last 10 years. I was told once that if i downgraded to a flex that they would honor the ability to add parking because i had been grandfathered in with a consistent passholder renewal for so long without lapse.
As long as it doesn't lapse, they will let you add parking, I did this.

Ismael Flores

so has anyone heard anymore news on how the pass situation has changed or developed?
People i have talked to still haven't received their refunds for the months days the parks were closed and were billed.

You would think most of those refunds would have gone out already for people that are on a month to month payment plan.

flutas

so has anyone heard anymore news on how the pass situation has changed or developed?
People i have talked to still haven't received their refunds for the months days the parks were closed and were billed.

You would think most of those refunds would have gone out already for people that are on a month to month payment plan.

Same for me, no refund yet.

I prepaid. I signed up for a refund of the months they were closed. They said they wouldn't refund me until they reopened so they knew how long they actually had been closed.

This is for the monthly payments when they charged after March 13th through April 4th. They stated they would refund those but I haven't heard of one person getting the refund.

On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder's regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen.

cmwade77

Well after calling a week ago I had initially decided to keep my pass.

After reading the news about Shanghai I'd rather opt for a refund. Sounds like a drag.
You do understand that the time that the parks are requiring reservations don't count against your extension, right? In other words if they require reservations for the next 3 months and have been closed for 3 months, you would get a 6 month extension.

At least that is how it is working for Shanghai.

Ismael Flores

Same for me, no refund yet.
This is for the monthly payments when they charged after March 13th through April 4th. They stated they would refund those but I haven't heard of one person getting the refund.

Just got an update,

For anyone that was on the monthly plan and decided to extend their renewal date, they will not issue a refund.

What I was informed is that the annual pass will be extended the amount of time the parks were closed plus the additional dates that were already paid if your monthly payment was deducted before they stopped the charges.

So if the parks are closed four months and it just so happens that your monthly payment was deducted days before they stopped payments then your pass will be extended the four months plus themonth that your were charged before payment stoppage.

The person that gave me this info was supposedly told the following.

Her monthly charge was deducted two days before they stopped the monthly charges - So basically she paid for the month April and previous payment before that it included the month of March.

Therefore she already had paid for 2 weeks of March that were closed and 4 weeks of April of a total of 6 weeks.

Include that to the amount park was closed to equal the year cycle.

If you didn't extend the renewal date then refunds will be issued but no date was given.

Looks like they are waiting for parks to open to allow pass holders to mKe up their mind if they extend or not

Parteecia

My expiration date was 5/31 and it disappeared from the app. I didn't like that so I called. They promised me that it will be extended and show up again ... some day.

Emmanuel

My expiration date was 5/31 and it disappeared from the app. I didn't like that so I called. They promised me that it will be extended and show up again ... some day.

Same here. I guess we’ll see when the reopening date becomes official once it’s approved

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom