DL AP refund or extend update w/ contact info

Ismael Flores

so friend that got billed just a few days before they stopped billing got refund for the April monthly payment. The odd thing about it is that he and his partner which are billed on same card only got the April month refunded. They did not see any compensation for the two weeks of March that they had already paid for but where blocked off because of park closure. I wonder how they will handle that or if there is a mistake.

They are also wondering how they are going to justify the fact that they have the expensive pass that allows them full access full year but might now have to compete with other passes for a reservation.

Phroobar

One would think the largest media corporation in the world could handle a simple thing as payment processing correctly.

flutas

so friend that got billed just a few days before they stopped billing got refund for the April monthly payment. The odd thing about it is that he and his partner which are billed on same card only got the April month refunded. They did not see any compensation for the two weeks of March that they had already paid for but where blocked off because of park closure. I wonder how they will handle that or if there is a mistake.

They are also wondering how they are going to justify the fact that they have the expensive pass that allows them full access full year but might now have to compete with other passes for a reservation.

Same for me, I think they will most likely extend the passes for 2 weeks rather than do a partial refund for that month.

Phroobar

Delta has a pretty healthy balance sheet (All things considered). Talks of bankruptcy are far overblown, even for American.

Even so, they'd owe their creditors pay out first if faced with liquidation.
Current Delta Air Lines Probability Of Bankruptcy is >=52%

Mouse Trap

Current Delta Air Lines Probability Of Bankruptcy is >=52%

Please don't tell me you give this website any sort of credibility...

Their "formula" says JP Morgan Chase also has a 52% probability of bankruptcy. Laughable to even consider the two companies have the same likelihood of bankruptcy. Hertz is only at 47%, who in their right mind would believe JPM is more probable to go bust than Hertz?

To make matters worse it shows Comcast at 46% while Disney is only at 35% 😂

Last edited:

Phroobar

Please don't tell me you give this website any sort of credibility...

Their "formula" says JP Morgan Chase also has a 52% probability of bankruptcy. Laughable to even consider the two companies have the same likelihood of bankruptcy. Hertz is only at 47%, who in their right mind would believe JPM is more probable to go bust than Hertz?

To make matters worse it shows Comcast at 46% while Disney is only at 35% 😂
Show me how well the airlines are coping with no business and tourist travel during covid-19.

Mouse Trap

Show me how well the airlines are coping with no business and tourist travel during covid-19.

You tried to prove your point that Delta would be bankrupt in the next 2 weeks by referencing a website that also says JPM has a higher probability of bankruptcy than Hertz. There is no more argument to be had here.

If you want to talk about the health of the airline industry then let's talk balance sheets and travel numbers, not headlines and crappy websites that spit out fun numbers.

Shall we make a friendly bet if Delta is still around in 2 weeks? $500 to a charity of choice?

**but this has nothing to do with AP extensions, so feel free to PM me and we can share the results on the proper thread in the new future.

Phroobar

You tried to prove your point that Delta would be bankrupt in the next 2 weeks by referencing a website that also says JPM has a higher probability of bankruptcy than Hertz. There is no more argument to be had here.

If you want to talk about the health of the airline industry then let's talk balance sheets and travel numbers, not headlines and crappy websites that spit out fun numbers.

Shall we make a friendly bet if Delta is still around in 2 weeks? $500 to a charity of choice?

**but this has nothing to do with AP extensions, so feel free to PM me and we can share the results on the proper thread in the new future.
Personally I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the whole thing and it's completely off topic. Your not one of those airline groupies are you?

Ismael Flores

Airlines are now mortgaging their mileage programs to back up loans, I think they are in better shape than we think. I also do not get why they should be in such a mess to begin with, Airlines have been making millions in overhead charges while decreasing service for their clients. They should have been in good shape going into this virus shutdown.

Mouse Trap

Personally I couldn't give a rats a$$ about the whole thing and it's completely off topic. Your not one of those airline groupies are you?

Odd you'd repeatedly engage then. Does this mean my favorite charity won't be getting a nice donation? Seemed like easy money for a good cause. I guess you double checked how poor that source was, but I regress...

Here's to hoping Disneyland extends passes throughout the reservation period as well. Time will tell.

Supreme Leader

My app is saying that I have 15 days remaining and that it expires on the 29th of this month...
giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My app is saying that I have 15 days remaining and that it expires on the 29th of this month...
giphy.gif
And mine says 3 days remaining even though it technically expired yesterday, I wouldn’t worry about it. I know everyone is antsy to get as much information as possible because it freaks people out not knowing. But you just have to be patient. I would bet the system updates a couple days before the park reopens, if not by the end of June.

Also I suspect all APs during the reservation period are being converted over to the Flex AP. And then once the reservation period is over, and I suspect it’ll be here the rest of 2020, all APs will go back to their original tier. Or Disney may decide to end all other tiers and just have the Flex AP, some have thought they would do this anyways.

Supreme Leader

And mine says 3 days remaining even though it technically expired yesterday, I wouldn’t worry about it. I know everyone is antsy to get as much information as possible because it freaks people out not knowing. But you just have to be patient. I would bet the system updates a couple days before the park reopens, if not by the end of June.

Also I suspect all APs during the reservation period are being converted over to the Flex AP. And then once the reservation period is over, and I suspect it’ll be here the rest of 2020, all APs will go back to their original tier. Or Disney may decide to end all other tiers and just have the Flex AP, some have thought they would do this anyways.
So do we know that the passes are being extended regardless if you called or not? Because I never called them and feel like I should now...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So do we know that the passes are being extended regardless if you called or not? Because I never called them and feel like I should now...
Unless things have changed APs were not getting extended automatically, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that was based on info from the end of April. The default was just that payments were being halted but all expiration dates were to remain in effect. And then once the Parks reopened payments would resume, as you're still required to make 12 monthly payments per the terms of the AP contract.

However the alternative is that AP holders can choose to have their expiration date extended by the amount of time the Parks were closed but required the AP holder to call into Disneyland to choose this option. The new expiration date would be reflected once the Parks reopen.

I called back in April and had mine extended. So I suggest anyone that wants to keep their AP to call and have it extended. If you're going to wait on the sidelines during this reservation period, just let it expire. The number to call for AP information is (714) 781-4567, they can provide the breakdown for you and extend your AP.

Supreme Leader

Unless things have changed APs were not getting extended automatically, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that was based on info from the end of April. The default was just that payments were being halted but all expiration dates were to remain in effect. And then once the Parks reopened payments would resume, as you're still required to make 12 monthly payments per the terms of the AP contract.

However the alternative is that AP holders can choose to have their expiration date extended by the amount of time the Parks were closed but required the AP holder to call into Disneyland to choose this option. The new expiration date would be reflected once the Parks reopen.

I called back in April and had mine extended. So I suggest anyone that wants to keep their AP to call and have it extended. If you're going to wait on the sidelines during this reservation period, just let it expire. The number to call for AP information is (714) 781-4567, they can provide the breakdown for you and extend your AP.
Thank you so much for the info! For some reason I didn't understand it all. Thank you for the clarity!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the info! For some reason I didn't understand it all. Thank you for the clarity!
Np, in addition I believe I heard Disney was allowing APs to cancel and get out of their contract early if they wanted. And if needed refund the remaining amount based on time left on an AP if it was paid in full.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom