DJ at MK exit

Cmdr_Crimson

This is sad. There is a time and place where a DJ is appropriate, probably not in that particular location, but somewhere on property. Disney Springs could probably get away with a regular use of a DJ. Personally, it still wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I get the appeal for some people.

Completely agree that the problem here is not the DJ themselves, but the management who put them there. They created an awkward situation and one that never needed to exist for almost fifty years. Same goes for the CM on the megaphone. Why do people now need to be yelled directions? I don't recall the need 20 years ago, not to this extent, I mean. The problem here, 100%, is clueless management that have no business running a world class theme park. They need world class management to run a world class theme park. I guess the word "class" needs to be used more at Disney meetings.
I feel like there were way more "Dance Parties" in the park by the mid 00's up to 10's to a point where everyone got sick of the. I think the Incredibles one in TL was one the last big ones they use to do..

CaptainAmerica

I feel like there were way more "Dance Parties" in the park by the mid 00's up to 10's to a point where everyone got sick of the. I think the Incredibles one in TL was one the last big ones they use to do..
There was a Chip-and-Dale-dressed-like-dinosaurs once in Dinoland, USA that was actually pretty fun...

JohnD

I mean, I kinda feel bad for him, but
Disney Hello GIF by O&O, Inc
Yeah. The DJ was hired to do what he does. But it was a stupid decision on WDW's part to hire a DJ.

Rescue Ranger

Nothing against the guy but someone at Disney thought this was a good idea? And The way he's dressed?! Yea Disney, next let's put this guy front and center of the Dapper Dans!! This is embarrassing.

What is happening !?!...I honestly wouldn't believe it had I not seen it.

Yes, this can go away. Away away. Into WDWs very brief distant memories.

castlecake2.0

This is awful. Voice your displeasure to guest relationships and executive leadership so this horrible idea will be stopped quickly. This is what happens when you allow Melissa Valiquette to be in charge of the Magic Kingdom.
Is she not doing well with MK so far? She always seemed kinda bored at Epcot.

GrumpyFan

It's really odd. Seems someone at MK made a snap decision to try and fix issues with transportation delays for exiting. Why this, why now, I don't get. There are other ways to handle this, though. Like keep the park open for an extra hour after fireworks. Make announcements about transportation delays before and after fireworks regarding potential delays. Or, maybe just fix the transportation issues!

I was there just recently, and seem to remember them making some kind of announcement about transportation after firework, plus it seemed like all the shops on Main street were staying open well after closing time, and not rushing people out. So, it just seems like they need to better communicate this to guests park-wide trying to exit.

CJR

Personally, I don't mind them if they're off to the side and preferably indoors. I do despise the TL party. Such a poor use of The Incredibles, who I don't believe dance in either of the two movies.

Regardless if they're inside or out, I believe they shouldn't be so loud that they impact other areas. I remember one near the FoN (RIP!) at Epcot a few years ago being heard from the American Adventure. So trashy.

JohnD

Nothing against the guy but someone at Disney thought this was a good idea? And The way he's dressed?! Yea Disney, next let's put this guy front and center of the Dapper Dans!! This is embarrassing.

What is happening !?!...I honestly wouldn't believe it had I not seen it.

Yes, this can go away. Away away. Into WDWs very brief distant memories.

I'm not sure what he was supposed to do. Again, not blaming the DJ. He was paid for a gig. But it's grating as you're leaving. The guards do a better job on the PA as you're entering before going into security.

ThemedScream

They usually place a tip by the front of the top right corner of the busses..They also had a set of collector cards at one point..
s-l1600.jpg

And then there is the Resort TV channel...

There was also a very short lived attraction in Innoventions with them sponsored by Underwrighter Laboratories where a CM interacted with Timon And Pumbaa on a TV about electric plugs....

There is also a trading pin set made from those images.

Epcot_Imagineer

I mean, everyone already said it, but - Don't blame the guy at all. He seemed to be doing his best at helping out and entertaining as was outlined by management when he was hired. This fiasco rests solely on whoever thought placing him in Main Street exit was a thematically sound idea.

I personally would hope they use him at events/WDW marathon weekend/after-hours/etc to help him after this. Seemed like a fine DJ!

TrojanUSC

Personally, I don't mind them if they're off to the side and preferably indoors. I do despise the TL party. Such a poor use of The Incredibles, who I don't believe dance in either of the two movies.

Regardless if they're inside or out, I believe they shouldn't be so loud that they impact other areas. I remember one near the FoN (RIP!) at Epcot a few years ago being heard from the American Adventure. So trashy.

Indeed non-Disney music in the parks has been going on for 40+ years with the Tomorrowland stage at Disneyland. Main St USA after the fireworks is just not the appropriate place. It also would have been a different story if they had the characters there dancing to music, but someone telling you to "raise the roof" as you're trying to take in the magic of the Magic Kingdom one last time is bad show.

JohnD

Non-Disney music in the parks has been going on for decades with the Tomorrowland stage at Disneyland. Main St USA after the fireworks is just not the appropriate place.

Same at TL stage in MK during the parties. Also, there was a Lobot DJ on a stage in front of the Chinese theater during Star Wars Weekends so its not unprecedented. It's just the time and place that was at issue. This wasn't one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom