Ditching Disney

Californian Elitist

I think they mean it shouldn't be posted in news and rumors.

This is the main forum, dedicated to news and rumours. Someone announcing that they no longer plan to visit Walt Disney World is neither of those things.

@the_rich beat me to it.
Ooohhhhh, I see. Gotcha! Yes, I agree that it’s not in the correct sub-forum.

phi2134

I have been to Disney 30 times in my life, I am choosing to ditch disney too. Not kid friendly anymore, too expensive, horrible bang for your buck, it's not worth it anymore. It honestly was a horrible experience when I took my kids in February. I think this is front page worthy because disney is only good for the rubes who think disney is life and disney knows that.

solidyne

I don't think the issue is the front page or the subforum. What doesn't seem to fit is its position as a thread starter.

Posts like this appear (correctly) mid-stream in threads on park quality, on attendance dropping, or on the changing clientele. It kinda sounds too personal to be an original post.

HOWEVER, it has a very snappy title: "Ditching Disney." That is indeed worthy of its own thread! I'd say keep it!

the_rich

I have been to Disney 30 times in my life, I am choosing to ditch disney too. Not kid friendly anymore, too expensive, horrible bang for your buck, it's not worth it anymore. It honestly was a horrible experience when I took my kids in February. I think this is front page worthy because disney is only good for the rubes who think disney is life and disney knows that.

Attachments

• beautiful-time-bye.gif
    beautiful-time-bye.gif
    2 MB · Views: 46

brb1006

We're taking our first trip to the Netherlands next year and hope to visit Efteling. Looks like they have some pretty neat dark rides
It's also one of the very few theme parks that remains open after it snows (since snow is more common in The Netherlands) during the Winter Season. The park is known as "Winter Efteling" to reflect this.

phi2134

You must be one of those adults that asked for 20 different picture poses as my 4 and 7 year old were waiting a half hour to meet a single character.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
4000 posts in 20 years, so a WDW nut.

Yet has been driven away. Of course that's important. This is not an isolated event, WDW seems to have massively replaced its audience.
Eh, lots of us take breaks. I went 9 years without setting food on property and have no regrets.

During that time I traveled the world and worked on myself.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As a well traveled theme park enthusiast who still loves Disney, I just want to say there are a lot of other fantasic parks out there! I'm not discouraging anyone from going to Disney, I'm just saying if Disney is not your thing right now (or if you are just looking to try something different) there are a LOT of other great options! I hope you find your laughing place!

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
You must be one of those adults that asked for 20 different picture poses as my 4 and 7 year old were waiting a half hour to meet a single character.
Oh. One of those. When my daughter was 4, we waited nearly an hour to meet Alice. When we got to second in line, a young lady who looked to be college age went up, made a big production of giving her a gift, getting many pictures, and having a 10 minute conversation until the handler said “Alice is taking a break and will be back in half an hour.” I asked why he hadn’t hurried her along if he knew Alice wasn’t coming right back out. I was told that people must be allowed to have their experience with the character. Apparently that doesn’t apply to all the young kids waiting in line.

Weather_Lady

Eh, lots of us take breaks. I went 9 years without setting food on property and have no regrets.

During that time I traveled the world and worked on myself.

Season 3 Carol GIF by Friends

I totally agree. Getting stuck in any kind of rut (including to a particular travel destination) isn't healthy.

We've been regular WDW visitors (about once every 18-24 months) since our kids were 4 and 6, although we have always visited other places, too (the Caribbean, Sweden, Scotland, Los Angeles, Boston, NYC, the Adirondacks, etc.). We're going back to WDW in August (with the kids now aged 15 and 17, yikes!) to use up the last of our Disney gift cards, and then are looking to take a hiatus of several years, as our disposable income will be earmarked for college tuitions or educational trips rather than expensive travel. (...and if perchance we do venture to Orlando, it will be to see Epic Universe!) Disney has made the planning experience so complicated and frustrating that as much as I still love Disney World and the memories we've made there, I don't think I'm going to miss it for a long time -- words that, 10 years ago, I never thought I'd say!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom