• Pirates of the Caribbean - DLR
  • Star Tours - WDW
  • The castles (Cinderella's or Sleeping Beauty's) - DLR
  • It's a Small World - DLR
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - WDW
  • Splash Mountain - DLR

Figments Friend

-

I have a hard time comparing the two Parks, as they really are two completely seperate entities in my mind....and both are awesome in their own respects.
Having said that, of the rides listed above there are some notable differences.

• Space Mountain - Cannot really comment, as i have have never experienced either. Word has always been that DLs is the better of the two...while WDWs is more retro/original.
  • -
  • The Haunted Mansion - I prefer the version at WDW for overall theme, setting, and the recent refurb really plussed the attraction very nicely.
  • -
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - Hands down better at DL. Beautiful starting point in the bayou, much longer ride experience, and lots more to see.
  • -
  • Star Tours - The experience itself is pretty much the same, but WDWs version slightly wins my vote mostly for the more visually exciting themed building. That AT-AT is great, and hearing the Ewoks at night chattering in their huts above you is a cool plus.
  • -
  • The Castles (Cinderella's or Sleeping Beauty's) - Both are equally beautiful in my opinion. Naturally WDWs is more impressive due to the height, but Sleeping Beauty's has delights inside. Do not miss the SB Walkthru !
  • -
  • It's a Small World - Equal for different reasons, and it balances out depending on how you view the attractions. DLs has a more impressive show building and exterior gardens setting. The show inside is better at WDW in terms of the waterways and overall scope and presentation. Another major difference is DL has added Disney Characters to the interior in many of the show scenes, while WDWs has remained 'original' and lacks the added characters.
  • -
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Personally, i find the WDW version superior. DLs is wonderful..and it has its own plusses in it's setting, but the WDW version is awesome. Slightly longer ride, as well.
  • -
  • Splash Mountain - Most will agree that the WDW version is a improvement over the original at DL. Both are well worth experiencing however, as they are unique in their layout and show presentation. DLs features most of the cast from the old 'America Sings' Animatronic spectacular, while WDWs has come copies and several custom made figures.

Clover Bailey

• Space Mountain - Honestly, I love WDW's. The coaster is way more intense, the queue, the seating, and the MUSIC.
  • The Haunted Mansion - It's a close one but I think WDW wins. However I think DLR's is a lot creepier.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - Disneyland. WDW has a better queue and effects but DLR is longer and has the Blue Bayou scene.
  • Star Tours - Tie. Virtually the same. I guess WDW has a better outdoor facade with the AT-AT's but still a tie.
  • The Castles - Cinderella Castle crushes Sleeping Beauty Castle.
  • It's a Small World - I somehow prefer the indoor queue at WDW, especially with the Pinocchio Village Haus windows.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Right now DLR's is better with the Explosive Finale and AA Bats, but WDW is getting those soon.
  • Splash Mountain - WDW wins over DLR by a landslide.
  • Soarin' - I will give it a tie again, although I like WDW's queue better.
  • Tower of Terror - Do I even need to say it?
  • It's Tough To Be a Bug! - Basically the same show, but it's not as fun in DLR because your already in A Bug's Land.
  • Peter Pan's Flight - I enjoy WDW's ride system, but they are both great. Another tie.
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - They are quite different. DLR has better vehicles, but WDW's story is better.
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Recently WDW wins with the play area queue, though DLR has the fantastic fountain.
  • Carousel - Tie.
  • Mad Tea Party - This was nearly a tie, until I remembered WDW's Dormouse AA.
  • Buzz Lightyear - I think the overall ride is better in WDW, but DLR does have better guns.
  • DLR/WDW Railroad -DLR has the better scenery and more stations. WDW just has 3.
  • Toy Story Mania - Very similar. WDW has best queue but DLR's is quicker. However WDW got a third track so we'll see.
  • Jungle Cruise - Never ridden it so tie.
  • Enchanted Tiki Room - Whichever one has the Dole Whips.
  • Tom Sawyer's Island - Pirate's Lair ruined it for me, leaving WDW as winner.
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures - WDW's had always been superior, especially with the 1971-1994 version.
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - WDW had 2 tracks and was slightly longer, though DLR's modern version would outweigh WDW nowadays.
  • Matterhorn/Everest - I love Expedition Everest, though Matterhorn is still outstanding.
  • DINOSAUR/Indiana Jones - DINOSAUR hands down. Indiana Jones is cool, but not as cool as DINOSAUR.
  • Muppet*Vision 3D - WDW's is much bigger with a better outdoor facade. Heck, DLR's was closed because of it's unpopularity.
  • Captain EO/ HISTA - WDW's had a nicer theater with great air-conditioning.
  • Skyway - Nothing different besides DLR's pass through Matterhorn.
  • Submarine Voyage - Also the same. Many people preferred WDW's version.
  • Carousel of Progress - Not much is known about DLR's version.
  • Peoplemover - Read Carousel of Progress above.
  • Country Bear Jamboree - Read Peoplemover above.
  • Gadget Go/Barnstormer - Barnstormer is longer.
  • Primeval Whirl/Goofy Sky School - Primeval Whirl spins.
  • Liberty Belle/Mark Twain - As similar as the River's of America.
  • The Little Mermaid - I think WDW's queue is better, though the rides themselves are equal.
  • Astro Orbiter - WDW's is surprisingly fast and has a great view.
  • Autopia/Speedway - Don't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom