DisneySea in Orlando??????????

gregburg

I don't know that Disney Seas would bring a lot of new things to WDW.

I was there in 2006 for a day. While it was neat, the rides were not totally new.

Examples:
  • Indy at Seas was the same as DL, or a different version of Dinasaur that is at AK (Indy would be better :)).
  • Journey to the center of the earth is based on the technology of test track believe it or not. I was not super impressed with it to be honest (short ride).
  • They just got a TOT clone, but not as good as WDW's
  • 20K Under the sea was pretty cool, but I would just put it back into the MK.
  • The weather ride, would be a great addition to Epcot. But think of it as a HISTA type ride.

Overall I was able to go through seas in about 4 hours. Granted it was not too busy that day, but still there was not that much to see.

-Greg

csmat99

No.

Even if another park was being planned for the US right now, it wouldn't be DisneySea because DisneySea is owned by The Oriental Land Company and there are strict copyrights, etc. That's one of the main reasons we can't get JttCotE.

Trust me Disney has the rights to put JttCotE anywhere it wants. The price tag of over 300 million is the thing that is slowing them down. Disney has strict control of Intellectual property of all rides in Disney Themed parks it doesn't matter who invested more money or who controls the park.

BoyXE

Even if another park was being planned for the US right now, it wouldn't be DisneySea because DisneySea is owned by The Oriental Land Company and there are strict copyrights, etc. That's one of the main reasons we can't get JttCotE.

OLC has only a 10 year exclusivity contract with WDC. After that anything is up for "stealing." :animwink: They can, but probably won't. DisneySea was crazy expensive and is FANTASTIC but it's not super popular anymore and it's s__________g the budgets away like crazy. They sort of forgot their target audience with that one (Japanese guests vs. Western guests). :(

Shaman

i dont think it would happen but it would be a great park for florida. people come to florida for the beach so why not make a sea themed park for WDW. but like i said i dont think it will happen.

They kinda do...the waterparks.

Entertainment and entertainment delivery are changing...I suspect or rather hope that if we ever see a 5th gate that it will totally revolutionize the concept of the "theme park"....

Just my opinion.

ToTBellHop

OLC has only a 10 year exclusivity contract with WDC. After that anything is up for "stealing." :animwink: They can, but probably won't. DisneySea was crazy expensive and is FANTASTIC but it's not super popular anymore and it's s__________g the budgets away like crazy. They sort of forgot their target audience with that one (Japanese guests vs. Western guests). :(
DisneySea isn't as popular anymore? I didn't know that...

Lee

Adventurer
Trust me Disney has the rights to put JttCotE anywhere it wants. The price tag of over 300 million is the thing that is slowing them down. Disney has strict control of Intellectual property of all rides in Disney Themed parks it doesn't matter who invested more money or who controls the park.

Wellll......little more complicated than that.

I'll let the one on the boards with some...um...hands on experience in this area give the specifics if he wants.
:lookaroun

NASAMan

Rather than a 5th park, we need to start thinking of Bridge Parks. Thes are small areas, themed to possibly only one attraction, that is accessible to one or more parks via some conveyence from inside the park. For example, as the Monorail takes you from MK to Epcot, do it from inside the park, literally connecting all four parks into one collective whole. Not by bus, although those would still run, but by some ride conveyence. Imagine a Test Track type ride that would shuttle guests from Epcot to D/MGM. Or high-speed mag-lev from Tomorrowland to AK (both futuristic and envirnmentally friendly.) Now, imagine if halfway there was a stop for some big new attraction. You won't need to build a whole new park or it's infrastucture, but not infringe on the themeing for an existing park. Anyway, just a random thought...

Tim G

Trust me Disney has the rights to put JttCotE anywhere it wants.
:eek:... No! They have not... :lookaroun
The price tag of over 300 million is the thing that is slowing them down.
It was far less than 300 mil. :snore:
Disney has strict control of Intellectual property of all rides in Disney Themed parks it doesn't matter who invested more money or who controls the park.
Wrong again... :rolleyes:

Have a Magical Day... :wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
:eek:... No! They have not... :lookaroun

It was far less than 300 mil. :snore:

Wrong again... :rolleyes:

Have a Magical Day... :wave:

so you're telling me that ©Disney means nothing? :)

WDWFanatic

I heard they were doing a monorail expansion to disney sea. I was told this by a castmember at the disney villans park. He said right after they finish the Iraq pavillion in WS and he*l freezes over :D

PuertoRekinSam

I for one am looking forward to the fifth park. Think about it. A park where the guest rule. A park where there would be no castmembers because the other four can't get staffed right now.

Which I guess would be a good thing since new (domestic) theme parks hardly have any attractions anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom