DisneySea in Orlando??????????

Mansion Butler

Now, to sort've of reply to what he actually said, would copying Disney Sea be a bad idea when/if they open a 5th park? It's popular, and taking a Tokyo park and putting it here for us, and having Disney run it, would be pretty similar to taking an Orlando park and putting it there for them and having another company run it.

And it's such an amazing park, I don't see how (if coppied it faithfully and creatively) the lack of true originality would be such a down side.

beachclubbasics

That would be great! I'm planning to take my kids to Tokyo Disneyland if flights ever come down in price, mainly for DisneySea. My 19 year old daughter is an Ariel freak (can't tell you how many times I've seen "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" lol.

KrazyKemp

As amazing as that would be, I have every doubt in the world that this dream will come true.

Bob Iger has stated that the plan is to update the current parks, and add to other existing parks.

I can't see a new park in the US for another 10 years.

metscool

This is what I heard about from people at Everest. Yes Everest.

About 2 weeks ago people from Disney Seas were at Everest to do some survaying(spelling?) on for the Disney Seas. There is a rumor that is going around the ride that saids that after Disney seeing how popular the ride is doing at Ak, they are going to put Everest over at Disney Seas.

haveyoumetmark

Is it possible that DisneySea would be the next new park in WDW or a down sized variation at AK?

No.

Even if another park was being planned for the US right now, it wouldn't be DisneySea because DisneySea is owned by The Oriental Land Company and there are strict copyrights, etc. That's one of the main reasons we can't get JttCotE.

Mansion Butler

As amazing as that would be, I have every doubt in the world that this dream will come true.

Bob Iger has stated that the plan is to update the current parks, and add to other existing parks.

I can't see a new park in the US for another 10 years.

But even if it's 15-20 years, would Disney Sea be a bad port? I mean, hell, transfering the Magic Kingdom transfered to Tokyo just fine after more than 10 years.

Mansion Butler

Even if another park was being planned for the US right now, it wouldn't be DisneySea because DisneySea is owned by The Oriental Land Company and there are strict copyrights etc. That's one of the main reasons we can't get JttCotE.

The designs are property of WDI though. We could change it to Disney Sea "type" park, same thing.

Moustronaut

Is it possible that DisneySea would be the next new park in WDW or a down sized variation at AK?
The theming won't work well until global warming kicks in an melts the ice caps enough to make Orlando a beach town. The DisneySea feel just won't feel right unless you can see Port Discovery's leaky sea wall with a real ocean behind it. So if you really want DisneySea to come to the US, buy a bigger SUV and just let it idle in your driveway all night. :lol:

KrazyKemp

But even if it's 15-20 years, would Disney Sea be a bad port? I mean, hell, transfering the Magic Kingdom transfered to Tokyo just fine after more than 10 years.

The problem is that DisneySea is owned by the Oriental Land Company, and they own all of the rights to all of the rides and etc.

DisneySea would be an amazing import, and certainly Journey to The Center of The Earth (and all of the attractions there) would draw amazing crowds, but as things stand right now...I am just saying not to hold my breath.

CTXRover

I doubt a new park will open at WDW for quite some time. The focus will likely be on updating and expanding the current 4 parks. The market in Orlando continues to be saturated and a new park at this point will still just canabalize the market and not necessarily add more guests. If Disney believes another park would add needed incentive to stay on property, it might come faster. For now, Magical Express/Magic Your Way/EMH plan is working perfectly in keeping people on Disney property and for longer periods of time. Sometime down the road I imagine a new park will be built, but not for a while.

A DisneySea clone would likely be impractical domestically without a financial partner as with OLC in Tokyo. The cost was astronomical in comparsion to AK or DCA and I can't imagine Disney ever spending that much on a new park on its own. I imagine though that some of the ideas/themes/attractions/lands could easily be incorporated into the exisiting WDW parks to help make each more substantial.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Even if another park was being planned for the US right now, it wouldn't be DisneySea because DisneySea is owned by The Oriental Land Company and there are strict copyrights, etc. That's one of the main reasons we can't get JttCotE.
no. No no no no no. NO.

The parks are the property of the Oriental Land Company. However, all intellectual materials are still the property of The Walt Disney Company.

Mansion Butler

First a harry potter thread, now a fifth gate thread!!! Will the insanity end?????

There is nothing inherently wrong with a 5th gate thread. No where did the original poster say they're planning a new park and it will open in the next couple years etc.

If you're not interested in discussing the fanciful imagination of a new park, then just avoid the topic.

wbt06

i dont think it would happen but it would be a great park for florida. people come to florida for the beach so why not make a sea themed park for WDW. but like i said i dont think it will happen. plus if they make a 5th gate it should be something that brings in teens teens are overlooked a lot in disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom