News Disney's top executives arrive at Walt Disney World for a global retreat

Unbanshee

I also heard the leaders of the other parks were in attendance, plus Feige and other movie heads. Don’t take that as gospel truth, though, I’m not 100% sure exactly who all was there, I didn’t talk directly with the person who was there.

That would make a lot of sense. This was a leadership summit. Aka, big bosses from across the company. They found a vacation destination where they don't have to pay, that's the only reason it's at WDW and not Bora Bora

Lilofan

That would make a lot of sense. This was a leadership summit. Aka, big bosses from across the company. They found a vacation destination where they don't have to pay, that's the only reason it's at WDW and not Bora Bora
Why would execs have to pay? They would expense it all back to the company. And if they brought their families , even more fun for all

Gringrinngghost

Hopefully asking why O’Canada was closed for more food n booze.
Speaking of CircleVision, Anyone wanna ask Bob about

1666518184552.png

Comped

Which is very stupid of them to use as a bar but what else is new
I've been surprised that the Canadian Tourism Commission, which from what I know poured a not insignificant sum into the new film (especially in lobbying for it) isn't ed about that (or that the contract allows it). The newer film was a major thing for many in the Canadian tourism sector, because of how meh-to-bad the old one was.

castlecake2.0

I've been surprised that the Canadian Tourism Commission, which from what I know poured a not insignificant sum into the new film (especially in lobbying for it) isn't ed about that (or that the contract allows it). The newer film was a major thing for many in the Canadian tourism sector, because of how meh-to-bad the old one was.
I believe that was for the previous version. As far as I know they didn’t find anything for the new one (they even removed mention of the commission from the pre spiel for the movie)

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If one ran a business food and beverage locations would generate more income than a movie . Not stupid, smart.
A reason people even arrive to spend at food and beverage locations is because of things like that movie. It’s not necessarily a smart move if a good park balance isn’t kept. Nobody would fly down to FL just to visit Disney Springs, and most definitely not if it had a gate admission cost. That’s extreme but Epcot seems to be leaning more into that direction with paying ILL to get on GotG, paying for G+ to not wait hours and hours for Frozen Remy and TT, SSE closing eventually, cancelling a bunch of attraction projects, yet not cancelling eateries and the store. It’s tilting more toward something like DS. The movie in Canada isn’t a big deal but the general direction is maybe not the smartest step toward the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom