Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

I love the women's expression in this picture.

Offred and Sweet Dee from Sunny are Disney Princesses now. Just accept it.

They've confirmed that will be the case. Grand Destino Tower has the new screens with will have Disney+ added when it launches, I'm just not sure if it can be retro added to all the other TVs at WDW or whether they would need new TVs

Is there a plan for a separate Disney+ subforum on the boards or is all just going under TV and movies? I would love a Disney+ subforum

A subforum would be welcome. Hopefully Michael Paull is aggressive enough to be making deals with Marriott/Hilton/etc to have Disney+ in those rooms are well. Those TVs already have stuff like Netflix and Hulu where you can sign in with your account. Not sure if they have to deal with the TV manufacturer, hotel chain or both.

Tony Perkis

Any movies released in 2019 are not part of the Netflix deal. That's why they can claim Captain Marvel as a launch title for Disney+. So while the math doesn't work out if someone is claiming that they released all these sure-fire hits like Lion King, Toy Story, Frozen in order to have them ready for launch in November, I wouldn't be shocked if it was part of the strategy to get those titles released and make sure they were available in "year one".

Edit: And the whole launch of Disney+ in late 2019 is probably not an accident with respect to the end of the Netflix deal... it's late enough into 2019 that some of the 2019 releases will show up soon after launch, whether or not it was these specific movies (Endgame was surely locked in for 2019 when they decided). Imagine the reaction from people not in the know if Disney+ launched in March of this year as "the home to all things Disney", and then Netflix had Mary Poppins Returns show up in July!
I think the Marvel stuff lining up is purely coincidental.

The “live action” remake timing was, quite frankly, bad pacing.

Lucky Rabbit

If you login to D23 and go to your account info you can access the Founders Circle offer. It’s $140.97 ($3.92/mo.) for the 3 years. Not sure if the exact price has been posted.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you login to D23 and go to your account info you can access the Founders Circle offer. It’s $140.97 ($3.92/mo.) for the 3 years. Not sure if the exact price has been posted.
Am I correct in assuming that this is not available if you are no longer a D23 member?

Lucky Rabbit

Am I correct in assuming that this is not available if you are no longer a D23 member?
The offer doesn't specify that you need to be Gold, but just a D23 member. That being said I have no idea if the offer will appear to people who have the free D23 accounts. Here's the exact wording:

Disney+ Exclusive Offer for D23 Members!

Disney+ is the ultimate home for unlimited access to Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Get unprecedented, ad-free access to the world’s most beloved brands.

Save $23 per year on a 3-year subscription (that’s just $3.92/mo. vs. the standard price of $6.99/mo.) exclusively for D23 members. Claim this offer now, available until September 2nd, 2019.

Start streaming November 12th, 2019!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The offer doesn't specify that you need to be Gold, but just a D23 member. That being said I have no idea if the offer will appear to people who have the free D23 accounts. Here's the exact wording:

Just signed up for the free account and it doesn't show up. I'm guessing it only shows up for those who signed up for the expo.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I was already a "general member" (free) and just checked - the offer did show up! I did not attend D23 this year.

With tax, it came out to $160 for three years for me.

seascape

I signed up. It will be interesting to know how many D23 members did. I wonder if Disney will report a number in their quarterly report. Sign ups end September 2, so they will have the number well before the end of the quarter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom