Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Tanna Eros

I was wondering about the Minnie thing, but the crane/hook appeared to apologize.

I agree with the warnings before Dumbo and Lady & the Tramp. This one just seemed a little over the top.
Well, like Minnie after the hook, maybe Disney just wants to cover butts.

I am just now watching the First Star Wars movie after not seeing any Star Wars moves since 1999. It looks so fresh and strange and cool after so all that CGI of The Phantom Menace. It has a tobacco warning, but I can't remember who smokes, besides the machinery after it gets blasted. (Just saw some added CGI--PeeYooo! Just took me out of that dirty real world.)

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Well, like Minnie after the hook, maybe Disney just wants to cover butts.

I am just now watching the First Star Wars movie after not seeing any Star Wars moves since 1999. It looks so fresh and strange and cool after so all that CGI of The Phantom Menace. It has a tobacco warning, but I can't remember who smokes, besides the machinery after it gets blasted. (Just saw some added CGI--PeeYooo! Just took me out of that dirty real world.)
Did you hear Kenobi’s new added ‘WooooOoOoOOOOOOO!’ after the Sandpeople attack in ANH?

I just watched Waking Sleeping Beauty, and I’ll admit that I got a little teary eyed (Everything about Howard Ashman and then like ten seconds before they covered the death of Frank Wells is when I remembered Frank died in an accident). I knew some of the history, but definitely not all of it.

I don’t want to discount the Renaissance films between 1995-1999 (because I really do believe that they are all underrated), but I wonder how they would have fared if Frank Wells lived.

Princess Leia

Another peeve that I wish was fixed- all of these films and shows that Disney+ claims to have, but doesn’t at this time. Example - Infinity War. Netflix has the rights today, but Disney+ gets it on June 25, 2020. Ditto for the Mighty Ducks. I guess I just don’t understand why Disney+ has them in the library, when they won’t be available until next summer. Compare this to movies that will certainly be on Disney+ (Toy Story 4, Incredibles II, new Aladdin and Lion King), but are not promoted as being part of the library.

Tanna Eros

Did you hear Kenobi’s new added ‘WooooOoOoOOOOOOO!’ after the Sandpeople attack in ANH?

I just watched Waking Sleeping Beauty, and I’ll admit that I got a little teary eyed (Everything about Howard Ashman and then like ten seconds before they covered the death of Frank Wells is when I remembered Frank died in an accident). I knew some of the history, but definitely not all of it.

I don’t want to discount the Renaissance films between 1995-1999 (because I really do believe that they are all underrated), but I wonder how they would have fared if Frank Wells lived.
No, I didn't hear the Kenobi Woo, but the extra things they added to the movie I saw as a kid sure stood out. I think it's a nostalgia thing to watch it when it was clunky and handmade. Frankly, the CGI stuff keeps getting slicker and more plastic looking to me, instead of evolving into something better.

I'll have to watch Waking Sleeping Beauty.
I'll agree with the second post, I went to watch the original National Treasure, and it's on hold, though National Treasure 2 was available.
I'd had never seen it, but learned while watching NT2 that my husband knows a lot of American History.
He guessed the clues!

BasiltheBatLord

Is anybody still having a lot of trouble with streams freezing? Every single thing I watch I get several moments throughout where the picture will freeze but the audio keeps going and I have to rewind 10-20 seconds back to fix it. Also video quality goes back and forth fairly often while watching.

I'm able to watch Netflix at max quality with no freezing or buffering problems so I don't think it's my connection.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Is anybody still having a lot of trouble with streams freezing? Every single thing I watch I get several moments throughout where the picture will freeze but the audio keeps going and I have to rewind 10-20 seconds back to fix it.

No, I have not had this issue at all. I am sorry.

LSLS

Is anybody still having a lot of trouble with streams freezing? Every single thing I watch I get several moments throughout where the picture will freeze but the audio keeps going and I have to rewind 10-20 seconds back to fix it. Also video quality goes back and forth fairly often while watching.

I'm able to watch Netflix at max quality with no freezing or buffering problems so I don't think it's my connection.

Me neither. What device?

erasure fan1

Uploading the original, unedited Star Wars trilogy in 4K would be a huge selling point for Disney+, but the company would probably want to maximize physical disc sales first before doing that.
There has to be some sort of agreement with Lucas on the original cuts. Many people, myself included, will never buy the OT again until its the original cut. Disney is leaving gobs of cash on the table, and they wouldn't do that unless they had to.
So does anyone know why Steamboat Willie of all things has an outdated cultural depictions warning? Pete chews tobacco (which should have prompted a tobacco warning, but didn’t)... but that’s it. Unless it’s there because Mickey turns unhappy cats and pigs into animals, and drowns the jerk parrot.
Why? Because the world has lost its collective mind and Disney just wants to be safe.
As an xbox guy, I'm obligated to say, PS4, well thats your problem. 😜

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There has to be some sort of agreement with Lucas on the original cuts. Many people, myself included, will never buy the OT again until its the original cut. Disney is leaving gobs of cash on the table, and they wouldn't do that unless they had to.
But are they really? The original trilogy in its original form is available on VHS. If there is a real market for it you would think that they would go for more than $6. on Bonanza.

I am sure they would sell a few, but I doubt it would justify a full blown blu-ray release.

erasure fan1

But are they really? The original trilogy in its original form is available on VHS. If there is a real market for it you would think that they would go for more than $6. on Bonanza.

I am sure they would sell a few, but I doubt it would justify a full blown blu-ray release.
Yes, the vhs doesn't go for much, but you need a vcr too. It also looks horrible on an HD tv, I know because I still have my tapes and a vcr hooked up. I also have my original laser discs as well. But At that point you just pirate the fan made cuts. I truly believe if they release them, they will sell. HD, remastered with no added nonsense, like new hope Jabba, mclunky and all the other trash, I think people want it.

Tanna Eros

Some buffering issue. My biggest problem is that sometimes there's bars of darkness across the picture, but lo- it's only on my ten year old mac. Everything else is peachy, so it's on me to finally realize a mac is not my Chevy truck, and it won't last 30 years.

Animaniac93-98

Disney released The Boatniks and Monkeys Go Home to blu-ray as part of their Movie Club Exclusive line. You don't need to sell a million, or even 100,000 copies of a movie to justify a blu-ray release. If that were the case comparatively few movies would ever get one.

The idea that the original, unedited Star Wars movies wouldn't sell enough copies is ridiculous. Not only because it suggests a lack of knowledge about niche blu-ray lines like Criterion, Indicator, Shout!, Masters of Cinema, Twilight Time and so forth, but because we're talking about one of the biggest catalog titles of all time that's been requested for years.

Last edited:

5thGenTexan

75380409_1214053525460132_7245784259858792448_n.jpg

Darkprime

I was a couple of days ago but the ps4 app was updated yesterday. Playback seems much smoother now.

Slpy3270

A thing about "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" on Disney+:

* Along with Timon and Pumbaa it's the only show remastered in HD that's been presented its proper 4:3 format (odd, since the international airings of the HD version are cropped to 16:9).
* "The Wishful Bear" is, so far, the only episode that uses its broadcast master instead of being remastered. I guess they couldn't find the film prints for it when they remastered the series (you know how it is with '80s-'90s cartoons and how they almost always only exist in master tape form).

Disney Analyst

Honestly, as is the case for most newly coded products. Always something you don’t find in testing that happens after launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom