Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

wtyy21

Not only Crater that has removed, most of original shows removed were from Turkish originals, as they want to priotizing global releases instead of local original content ones.
Turkish original series for example are Recep İvedik 7, Dunyayla Benim Aramda, and the Nightgale of Bursa.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Losing streaming rights to the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournament has been a blessing in disguise for Indian market leader Disney+ Hotstar, an Ampere Analysis study reveals.​
Disney won broadcasting rights but ceded streaming rights to rival JioCinema, owned by billionaire Mukesh Ambani. Ampere estimates that this “saved the company a figure just short of twice its entire streaming revenue from the past five years.”​

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has licensed 10 series to Channel 4’s streaming service in the U.K.​
The deal, which will add some 1,000 hours of American drama to Channel 4’s streaming platform, will kick off with “Alias” Seasons 1-5 and “The Americans” Seasons 1-6 this summer, followed by “Empire” Seasons 1-6, “Scandal” Seasons 1-7, “The X Files” Seasons 1-11, “Bones” Seasons 1-12, “The Killing” Seasons 1-4, “Star” Seasons 1-3, “Grown-ish” Seasons 1-6 and “Abbott Elementary” Seasons 1-2.​

Indy_UK

In regards to licensing content to Chanel 4. Good to see they are still going to peruse licensing content out. Chanel 4 used to show X-Files back in the day so they obviously feel they will get the viewership for it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Losing streaming rights to the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournament has been a blessing in disguise for Indian market leader Disney+ Hotstar, an Ampere Analysis study reveals.​
Disney won broadcasting rights but ceded streaming rights to rival JioCinema, owned by billionaire Mukesh Ambani. Ampere estimates that this “saved the company a figure just short of twice its entire streaming revenue from the past five years.”​
While I agree it was the right move given the ARPU in that market, that reads a bit like me saying: "i just saved $1,000,000 by not buying a house! And I also saved $50k by not buying a Tesla!" Umm, of course you save money by not spending it. :p

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
While I agree it was the right move given the ARPU in that market, that reads a bit like me saying: "i just saved $1,000,000 by not buying a house! And I also saved $50k by not buying a Tesla!" Umm, of course you save money by not spending it. :p
Yeah, but you don't have all of Wall Street holding your house's equity hostage because you didn't buy that million dollar house!

LittleBuford

Not only Crater that has removed, most of original shows removed were from Turkish originals, as they want to priotizing global releases instead of local original content ones.
Turkish original series for example are Recep İvedik 7, Dunyayla Benim Aramda, and the Nightgale of Bursa.
That seems very unfortunate to me. Local content should be incentivised.

wtyy21

Expecting the streaming release of either Elemental, The Little Mermaid live-action remake, or Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, along with major Disney+ original releases like major shows and movies.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Releasing Guardians 3 on every platform except Disney+ is completely ridiculous. Why am I even paying for Disney+?
It's going to be be a pay-per-view (rent) or buy on streaming channels that do such a thing. It's not 'free' as part of a monthly subscription. Even if you have Prime, you have to pay extra to see it.

Just like DVD/BluRay.

This is the digital release window that follows the theatrical release window, which, by the way, is also pay-per-view.

The next window is 'free' for D+ subscribers.

This is a normal distribution pattern for all movies now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is why Netflix is smoking all these other studios. Everything is available on day one for one price.
And they don't typically get first run movies just out of theaters, except their own. They usually get movies a couple months after the pay-window has finished.

Releasing Guardians 3 on every platform except Disney+ is completely ridiculous. Why am I even paying for Disney+?

It'll show up on D+ later this fall, for free.

KeithVH

1689030300238.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original like "Strange World" and "Elemental" or like 99% of "Classic" Disney content which is at best an adaptation?
And that is the rub, Disney has put out original content, and will again later this year with Wish. The general public just doesn't have an appetite for original content at this point. I really hope Wish does well.

Notice how almost none of the top 25 films the last couple years have been original. Hence why we get IP focused content as that is what the general public seems to eat up.

And queue up the "well if they made better original content" argument....in 3, 2, 1......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom