Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

NateD1226

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

doctornick

doctornick

While COVID has certainly impacted their ability to produce content, they really ought to hold off on price increases until a few new pieces of substantial content have launched.

Well, it is after WandaVision and Soul drop. The price increase is coming in March so it seems to coincide with the launch of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Raya and the Last Dragon. There's obviously other smaller stuff too like Beyond the Clouds, more Earth to Ned, You Again, flora & Ulysses, etc.

Of course, I guess it depends on how much is "enough" - I tend to agree that I would have held off for a few months after that (probably would have done the price hike to coincide with Loki).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
We would have had a season of The Mandalorian, WandaVision, and Winter Falcon finishing up right about now if it weren't for a worldwide pandemic.

Wendy Pleakley

Well, it is after WandaVision and Soul drop. The price increase is coming in March so it seems to coincide with the launch of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Raya and the Last Dragon. There's obviously other smaller stuff too like Beyond the Clouds, more Earth to Ned, You Again, flora & Ulysses, etc.

Of course, I guess it depends on how much is "enough" - I tend to agree that I would have held off for a few months after that (probably would have done the price hike to coincide with Loki).

That's a decent line-up, but to a large degree they've been coasting on the strength of the Mandalorian and the Disney back catalogue, and little else. They could show some appreciation to their subscribers for paying for a service that's still growing.

Oh well, it is what it is and Disney is famously a business.

doctornick

We would have had a season of The Mandalorian, WandaVision, and Winter Falcon finishing up right about now if it weren't for a worldwide pandemic.

Absolutely. But I think that speaks for how it would perhaps have been "fairer" to hold off on the price hike for a little longer rather than March until more of that original programming had come out.

As an aside, did they announce new yearly subscription prices or just the monthly cost? And are they doing any sort of "renewal" discount (I doubt it)?

Edit: I see that the new yearly price is $79.99 (up from $69.99). but also that the price hike happens on March 26, 2021 which is after Falcon and the Winter Soldier premieres. That said, I forgot that Raya is going to be "Premiere Access" like Mulan so it isn't really relevant to the price hike discussion as much.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Does anyone know if there are still plans for a second season of Jeff Goldblum? I know that it was renewed for a second season shortly after the first season ended, or just before. But, you know, covid. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this is hands down the best original series on D+. Hopefully a second season will happen at some point in the future.

Would also love to see a second season of Prop Culture.

Crossfire

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

So this is what Disney meant when they said that Hulu/Star would have 'adult content'
Wonder why this didn't get mentioned in the Hulu presentation along with Handmaid's Tale.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney Investor Day unveiled a lot of new projects from the Mouse House and just when we thought there couldn’t be any more — there is. Disney+ is developing the one-hour action-adventure drama Secret Guide to Celestial Creatures from Michael Golamco, Randall Park and Hieu Ho’s Imminent Collision. The production banner has a first-look deal with 20th Television, which will serve as the studio.

As stated in the official logline of Secret Guide to Celestial Creatures, the action-adventure drama centers on a Korean American family of legendary guardians who protect the supernatural community that lives among us in plain sight. Golamco created the original, live-action concept and is set to write the pilot and executive produce. Park and Ho will also serve as executive producers for Imminent Collision."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom