Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Reminder: Ever since D+ was announced, Iger said on just about every Quarterly Call that D+ was the company's number one priority (and for what doesn't 'fit' on D+... Hulu, and ESPN+). The purchase of Fox was for its libraries and for its studios to produce new content. One presumes the Board of Directors is totally on board with all this.

That D+ is way ahead of estimates toward profitability and is relatively pandemic-proof (unlike most of the rest of Disney's entertainment empire), it's no surprise Disney is tripling down on streaming.

The lackluster debut of other streaming services puts fear of losing the streaming wars to bed.

Why Alan Horn, who keeps greenlighting awful and unprofitable original live-action movies, is still around... I don't know.

Crossfire

Who's responsible for the Live-Action division of Walt Disney Pictures? With the exception of the Live-Action remakes, Walt Disney Pictures' films have all been flops.

Darkprime

Cant wait! Hope they can get filming Mando Season 3 soon. Their quite lucky since a lot of characters in the star wars universe wear helmets or masks already. Should make filming a lot easier in a world where COVID exists.

Gringrinngghost

Only 15 years behind the curve from Warner Brothers on their past catalogue. Disney is finally including a message before some Disney+ titles acknowledging that some films are products of their time and that their Perpetrated stereotypes we’re wrong then and wrong now.

This message will appear before the following titles: Aristocats, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Swiss Family Robinson. See specific reasons for the message and more at storiesmatter.thewaltdisneycompany.com

Welcome to 2005, Disney!

Background: Starting with Volume 3 of the Golden Collection, Warner Brothers had a message acknowledging that the cartoons are politically incorrect. Volume 3s was filmed by Whoopi Goldberg while Volumes 4-6 had this message:
jNd3BTz.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Only 15 years behind the curve from Warner Brothers on their past catalogue. Disney is finally including a message before some Disney+ titles acknowledging that some films are products of their time and that their Perpetrated stereotypes we’re wrong then and wrong now.

This message will appear before the following titles: Aristocats, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Swiss Family Robinson. See specific reasons for the message and more at storiesmatter.thewaltdisneycompany.com

Welcome to 2005, Disney!

Background: Starting with Volume 3 of the Golden Collection, Warner Brothers had a message acknowledging that the cartoons are politically incorrect. Volume 3s was filmed by Whoopi Goldberg while Volumes 4-6 had this message:
jNd3BTz.jpg

A lot of the older content was getting the same blurb in the description section of the content since D+ launched.

I guess they wanted to just go ahead and add it to the content itself, which is good. Better late than never.

doctornick

To state the obvious, if they are willing to put those - very appropriate - disclaimers in front of other features, why won't thy do the same with Song of the South and add it?

NateD1226

Tatiana Maslany is denying claims that she is playing She-Hulk even though multiple people, including the director of the series and Mark Ruffalo, congratulated her on the role. To me, it just seems pointless when actors do this even though the whole world knows about already. I get that everything may not be finalized in their contract, but what is the point of hiding it. If this ends up being true, how the hell did communication between everyone get so terrible. Like the director even said something about it lmao

Darkprime

Tatiana Maslany is denying claims that she is playing She-Hulk even though multiple people, including the director of the series and Mark Ruffalo, congratulated her on the role. To me, it just seems pointless when actors do this even though the whole world knows about already. I get that everything may not be finalized in their contract, but what is the point of hiding it. If this ends up being true, how the hell did communication between everyone get so terrible. Like the director even said something about it lmao

There is a very small chance the trades were wrong on this casting news. its rare but retractions do happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom