Disney's Reaction to Harry Potter Details?

devoy1701

And he knows what of the workings of WDI and the building of rides?

I hope alot considering alot of us are hoping that he'll one day be the next Walt or Eisner in terms of creative power for the company...

and according to Wiki, He is also currently the Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering

IWant2GoNow

Does anyone have any info on whether or not Disney is planning on announcing anything to counter UNI other than more FLE talk? I highly doubt it and I think Disney is just gonna let UNI have its day in the sun with this one.

IWant2GoNow

I hope alot considering alot of us are hoping that he'll one day be the next Walt or Eisner in terms of creative power for the company...

and according to Wiki, He is also currently the Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering

Ut oh... :lookaroun

Be careful how you relate those two on this site... I have a feeling this thread is spiraling into murky waters.

Figment632

That maybe so but he doesn't have much experience in this regard aso unless someone elses says it is an E it is a D IMO.

mcstensrud

Here is my 2 cents.
I go to WDW at least twice a year.DVC so I always stay on property.
I will def. check out Hp In the Fall since I haven't been to Universal in 5 years.(day trip).
Since I have no children,I avoid Toontown like the plaque now so there is no way in heck I would make a special trip for the FLE.
Disney will lose nothing from me due to the fact I have an AP and will be staying no where else.
I do not see people making a special trip to WDW for FL.
But people like me will make a special trip for HP.
Just my 2 cents.

devoy1701

Ut oh... :lookaroun

Be careful how you relate those two on this site... I have a feeling this thread is spiraling into murky waters.

:D

IMO, and what has been portrayed in alot of books is that Eisner was just as affective in a creative sense as Walt was while Frank Wells was around. I think that anyone who disagrees needs to do some reading into both of the people in question. :)

devoy1701

That maybe so but he doesn't have much experience in this regard aso unless someone elses says it is an E it is a D IMO.

oh some someone provides a name and says Lasseter (who is a creative genius i might add) says that Lesseter has called TLM an e-ticket and you say "he doesn't count"?!?!?!

give me a break. :hammer:

Figment632

oh some someone provides a name and says Lasseter (who is a creative genius i might add) says that Lesseter has called TLM an e-ticket and you say "he doesn't count"?!?!?!

give me a break. :hammer:

While he is a creative genius when it comes to film he is not when it comes to rides. How many Disney attractions has he designed?

ElisaMouse

Hello everyone! Long time reader/lurker on the forums (thankyou for making my 2008 trip a success with your insight!) and first time poster. :wave:

Here's my 2 cents:
HP will be drawing two major conventions to Universal. Infinitus 2010 will be this July, and myself along with several hundred people will be traveling to Orlando just for HP.
In addition to my six day stay at Uni, I'll be taking a day to see MK with a few friends. So the convention may bring Disney's bottom line up, because out these people will be traveling to Universal, some will take the trek to Disney.
Leakycon2011 will essentially be the same - large crowds solely for HP, with some going Disney for a day or two.

All that aside, the demographics for FLE don't match up with HP's demographics enough to make FLE enough to pull the large attendance spike to Disney that HP will be to Universal.

71jason

Just wondering whether you will be staying at a Disney resort oir offsite?

This is it in a nutshell. WDW parks may take a bit of a hit from locals going elsewhere for a few months, but I guarantee MK will remain the most visited park in the world. The bigger problem Disney has is the 20,000 on-site rooms they have that are designed to keep people from going to Universal.

the-reason14

I kinda hope this does cause a dent in WDW's attendance. It'll cause them to make some new "groundbreaking" rides themselves I would hope. It's not gonna affect me because I am no potter or Universal fan, so the farthest Ill go off property is Busch Gardens. But what I dont understand is how did Disney lost the rights to the Kuko arm? I remember reading on here years ago about how WDI was developing a new ride system that would be groundbreaking. It turns out it was the kuko arm, but Universal has it. What happened?

Figment632

Since he is the Principal Creative Advisor, Walt Disney Imagineering - you'd think he knows very well what is going on with WDI.

He is great but how long as he been doing this to really know? If it were coming from Tony BAxter, Marty Skylar or someone like that I would accept it.

But John seems to be saying that it is an E for PR reasons imo so for now I trust Martin, Lee, and otheres when they say it is just a D.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
He is great but how long as he been doing this to really know? If it were coming from Tony BAxter, Marty Skylar or someone like that I would accept it.

But John seems to be saying that it is an E for PR reasons imo so for now I trust Martin, Lee, and otheres when they say it is just a D.

Marty Sklar is retired, and Tony Baxter is heading the same way.

John Lasseter has been with WDI since April 2006. He is obviously highly qualified on the subject, and obviously knows more than anyone here on this forum.

devoy1701

How long was Walt Disney building Theme Parks when he started on Disneyland?

everyone starts somewhere and Lasetter already has a pretty substantial creative background. All you really need is a vision of what the experience is supposed to be like to be a guiding creative influence. Marty Sklar and Joe Rhodes were all once newbies to WDI as well...

Castle Cake Apologist

In addition to my six day stay at Uni

I'm just wondering what you plan to do for six days at Universal?

Lines notwithstanding, I've rarely spent more than a day at both parks combined.

I think Potter will bring a new group of people down, but I seriously have my doubts that it's going to negatively affect WDW in the long run.

And, yes... the new ride looks AMAZING, but let us please not forget that most things at IoA were when the park opened. Those same ground breaking rides are now sad shells of their former selves, due to a lack of maintenance and upkeep.

Did Knee

Great thread with lots of great insight! So glad we can keep this discussion so relatively civil! I wanted to throw a thought into the works. The theme park dollar of many Orlando bound families is split between Disney, Uni and SW. With SW's recent bad publicity regarding its whales, has this affected their attendance, and could this skew the numbers this summer for both Uni and Disney? Could this obscure the true affect on attendence at IOA in some way? Just wondering what others think of this twist to the whole Orlando attendence picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom