Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The chartered buses typically only take you to Epcot. From there you could take monorail to the TTC if it were running at the time (1 hour before early park entry).

The event guide says it will be running for spectators to get from Epcot staging area to MK.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So as horribly inefficient as it sounds, a bus from WL to Epcot and then 2 monorail trips to MK sounds like my best bet. A personal car, I’m guessing, wouldn’t be able to park at the TTC that early.

The roads will be closed to traffic other than the charted buses going to the staging area at Epcot or runners driving, taking ride sharing there.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's tough on a half marathon morning since there will be road closures in the area. I'm not clear on how to get around them either.

So there is bus to Epcot and monorail to TTC.
Car service to TTC (if not blocked)
Car service to CR then walk to MK or monorail to TTC (if not blocked)
Walk to course route from WL and then walk along the course route to get to the park (along World Dr).

I'm not sure if you'd even be allowed to do the last one, but the course goes right by there. A personal car could be taken and parked at Epcot in the early hours if you like, but can't speak on the timing of the TTC lot opening.

If it were me I'd probably just try to walk to MK from WL honestly. Either that or take a car before the closures start.

There are both OCSO and FHP at the intersection of major roads, such as World Drive and Timberline. He'll get a special ride to somewhere other than MK.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@HauntedPirate,

Your best bet is to get up with your wife, ride the charted bus to the staging area at Epcot, wish her well before she heads to her corral, hopefully you can get to the area around the starting line to wave as she runs past, walk over the the monorail station at Epcot and take the monorails to MK, go stand along Main Street - they will have areas around the Castle blocked off to spectators, take the monorail BACK to Epcot to wait for her to cross the finish line, take the charter bus back to your resort and crash for the rest of the day.

You do know the buses start running at 2:30 AM on Sunday, right?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
@HauntedPirate,

Your best bet is to get up with your wife, ride the charted bus to the staging area at Epcot, wish her well before she heads to her corral, hopefully you can get to the area around the starting line to wave as she runs past, walk over the the monorail station at Epcot and take the monorails to MK, go stand along Main Street - they will have areas around the Castle blocked off to spectators, take the monorail BACK to Epcot to wait for her to cross the finish line, take the charter bus back to your resort and crash for the rest of the day.

You do know the buses start running at 2:30 AM on Sunday, right?
Yeah, the 2:30am bus won't be the worst thing ever, I've gotten up that early before to catch the first flight back when I worked for Delta and needed to get home (and my planned flight the evening before was booked solid).

Thanks everyone!

LAKid53

Premium Member
To piggy back on what @LAKid53 said about MK castle the 2 times I've had family cheer from there they hold everyone outside til 5am and then release everyone in. Last princess Wknd was the largest crowd I had seen there, rows deep and the crowd was awesome.

It is. And I am grateful that non-CMs care enough to get up before dawn and cheer us on.

Surferboy567

I’m running this virtually, that being said and I realize I’m not the target audience here. That merch is super ugly. Marathon weekend had much better merch IMHO.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_8277.jpeg

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Pictures!
So I actually only did the 10k 🥺 I'll share pics soon...
I felt good while running the 10k, after the race I crashed and it took me a while to recover. I kept going back and forth Saturday evening on if I should run Sunday or not. Having a week left on vacation at WDW, I decided to not do the half, enjoy sleeping in (til 6:50am) and enjoy WDW. I honestly think the coughing of people around me made me more nervous too, weaken immune system here. Thankfully I remained healthy and enjoyed our vacation.

Lots of negativity surrounding this weekend floating around online. I will say this, I had a great time and look forward to next years.

surfsupdon

So I actually only did the 10k 🥺 I'll share pics soon...
I felt good while running the 10k, after the race I crashed and it took me a while to recover. I kept going back and forth Saturday evening on if I should run Sunday or not. Having a week left on vacation at WDW, I decided to not do the half, enjoy sleeping in (til 6:50am) and enjoy WDW. I honestly think the coughing of people around me made me more nervous too, weaken immune system here. Thankfully I remained healthy and enjoyed our vacation.

Lots of negativity surrounding this weekend floating around online. I will say this, I had a great time and look forward to next years.
I did Princess twice back-to-back with my sister in 2016 and 2017. Easily my least fav weekend because of the abundance of negativity, entitlement, and sheer chaos from runners. My perspective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom