Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
IMG_5911.jpeg
IMG_5910.jpeg
IMG_5909.jpeg

the.dreamfinder

Transportation question: I’m staying at WL for Princess Weekend. Do the boats run to Contemporary for race morning or can you take a Uber/Lyft to the TTC or Contemporary? I want to avoid taking the charter bus and use a monorail if possible.

Rteetz

Transportation question: I’m staying at WL for Princess Weekend. Do the boats run to Contemporary for race morning or can you take a Uber/Lyft to the TTC or Contemporary? I want to avoid taking the charter bus and use a monorail if possible.
No boats do not run pre race. You would have to uber or Lyft. At that point tho personally you might as well just uber to the race and then take the monorail back after.

The monorail is also only used for the half. It is not used for the 5K or 10K.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Boats don't run for race mornings to get to the staging area. You'll either need to take the chartered buses, a taxi, Uber or Lyft or drive your own vehicle.

IF the monorail is running, it's usually only for the Half and only for the monorail resorts.

I'm staying at WL. I always take the bus.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No boats do not run pre race. You would have to uber or Lyft. At that point tho personally you might as well just uber to the race and then take the monorail back after.

The monorail is also only used for the half. It is not used for the 5K or 10K.

That will require quite a walk to the monorail station at Epcot.

Just take the buses.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Boats don't run for race mornings to get to the staging area. You'll either need to take the chartered buses, a taxi, Uber or Lyft or drive your own vehicle.

IF the monorail is running, it's usually only for the Half and only for the monorail resorts.

I'm staying at WL. I always take the bus.
Do those chartered buses run from WL to the TTC for spectators after the race starts, or are there different buses to take you there?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The chartered buses typically only take you to Epcot. From there you could take monorail to the TTC if it were running at the time (1 hour before early park entry).
Just wondering how one would get from WL to the TTC and then to the castle the morning of the half marathon. Since swimming over to the Contemporary and then walking the rest isn’t an option. 😉

Rteetz

The chartered buses typically only take you to Epcot. From there you could take monorail to the TTC if it were running at the time (1 hour before early park entry).
Monorail will be running on half morning as it’s the only way for people to get to Epcot from MK resorts for the race. If not staying at an MK resort your best bet is race bus to Epcot then monorail to MK.

pdude81

Just wondering how one would get from WL to the TTC and then to the castle the morning of the half marathon. Since swimming over to the Contemporary and then walking the rest isn’t an option. 😉

Your two options are the one above or Uber/lyft/minnie van.

It's tough on a half marathon morning since there will be road closures in the area. I'm not clear on how to get around them either.

So there is bus to Epcot and monorail to TTC.
Car service to TTC (if not blocked)
Car service to CR then walk to MK or monorail to TTC (if not blocked)
Walk to course route from WL and then walk along the course route to get to the park (along World Dr).

I'm not sure if you'd even be allowed to do the last one, but the course goes right by there. A personal car could be taken and parked at Epcot in the early hours if you like, but can't speak on the timing of the TTC lot opening.

If it were me I'd probably just try to walk to MK from WL honestly. Either that or take a car before the closures start.

Rteetz

Walk to course route from WL and then walk along the course route to get to the park (along World Dr).

I'm not sure if you'd even be allowed to do the last one, but the course goes right by there. A personal car could be taken and parked at Epcot in the early hours if you like, but can't speak on the timing of the TTC lot opening.
This would be a no no, walking that is. They didn’t even like people near the contemporary during the marathon even tho runDisney listed it as a spectating spot. Security was all over certain places in January.

pdude81

This would be a no no, walking that is. They didn’t even like people near the contemporary during the marathon even tho runDisney listed it as a spectating spot. Security was all over certain places in January.
Thanks, this is good to know. I always stay at Poly for marathon weekend so I don't have any major concerns, but missed out of the festivities this year. For some reason it always seemed like there were a ton of people along the road cheering.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Do those chartered buses run from WL to the TTC for spectators after the race starts, or are there different buses to take you there?

The charted buses take runners and spectators from the resorts to the staging area before the races start and from the finish line area back to the resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom