Disney's Polynesian Resort

NEL

I will be visiting WDW on May 11-15 with my son and wife and we will be staying at the Polynesian. This will be our 1st stay at this resort and therefore we dont have much info on it. I booked the Lua for dinner and also ohana. Is there anything we should now about this resort. Anything special we should not miss? Any recomendation will be greatly appreciated.:)

Spike-in-Berlin

That's great! I'm glad it worked so well for you. I'm guessing you called the Poly directly and not the generic reservations number?

I've read on some websites that you could still get a good view of the lagoon/beach from even a Garden view room, so if asking for an upgrade doesn't work I'll try to get one of those "lagoon from a garden" view rooms.

Actually if I remember correctly I called the Disney reservations number and NOT the Poly directly. The woman I spoke to was not a CM at the Polynesian

Upvote 0

GoCamels

Cant rave enough about Rarotanga, because of the proximity to the GCH, the parking lot, not too bad a walk to TTC...and the quiet pool...we had a garden view first floor room on the opposite end from the GCH...see my avatar ;)...so could walk right out the patio doors to the quiet pool, which will now feature zero entry, although hate it loses the deep end.

And of course, the volcano pool was the main draw for me...I had waited from my first visit (off-site) in 6th grade until our last trip when I was 36 and FINALLY got to stay there and go down that slide...another tear jerker moment for me that made my wife just shake her head...LOL.

Another nice thing about being on that end is right around the corner from the laundry too...saves on packing and dont feel like you HAVE to stick around...we'd do ours "overnight", just set a timer and pop up to change things out.

My favorite part of the Poly is just walking around in the middle of the night, enjoying the loop music playing. Only 54 sleeps until we are back there again!!!

And one last thing...THE WONDERFUL SMELL of the GCH...you'll NEVER forget it...I have plants at the front my house getting ready to bloom now that have that wonderful smell!!!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Cant rave enough about Rarotanga, because of the proximity to the GCH, the parking lot, not too bad a walk to TTC...and the quiet pool...we had a garden view first floor room on the opposite end from the GCH...see my avatar ;)...so could walk right out the patio doors to the quiet pool, which will now feature zero entry, although hate it loses the deep end.

And of course, the volcano pool was the main draw for me...I had waited from my first visit (off-site) in 6th grade until our last trip when I was 36 and FINALLY got to stay there and go down that slide...another tear jerker moment for me that made my wife just shake her head...LOL.

Another nice thing about being on that end is right around the corner from the laundry too...saves on packing and dont feel like you HAVE to stick around...we'd do ours "overnight", just set a timer and pop up to change things out.

My favorite part of the Poly is just walking around in the middle of the night, enjoying the loop music playing. Only 54 sleeps until we are back there again!!!

And one last thing...THE WONDERFUL SMELL of the GCH...you'll NEVER forget it...I have plants at the front my house getting ready to bloom now that have that wonderful smell!!!!

Raratonga is my favorite as well, but I think I have stayed in nearly every one of the "original" buildings now (except the concierge ones). The proximity from any of those seems fine, not sure how I would feel about Tahiti or Rapa Nui though.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

We always stay in the Tokela for the same reasons!
Just a quick walk to the small annex lot, which in my opinion is the best kept secret in the place (or was ;)). Important to us because we always drive. Close to the TTC and the Ceremonial house. Not as close to the laundry, but just a hop. Bus stop too. The front door is right at the quiet pool. The girls will hit the volcano on the first day, but would rather lay out the rest of the time so it's the quiet pool. To us the view from the room isn't that big a deal because we aren't in there much, but it's still very nice and tropical no matter where you are.
O'Hana is our favorite restaurant on the entire property.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
I have to correct myself. I spoke to a female CM at the Polynesian but she did NOT work at the reception but in the back office.

Thanks for the info. It seems from what you said that the CM really provided the upgrade even before you asked for an upgrade. Hopefully I have the same luck ! :)

Upvote 0

fredtom

YES... One of the best smells anywhere on the planet! When you first walk in the GCH, just pause for a second and take a deep breath.

Wish I were there... A pina colada from the Tambu Lounge sounds good too.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

bluejasmine

Oh I LOVE The Poly have since I was 4, my dad always took us to dinner there..

Last yr my DH upgraded us from CSR to Poly CL for our anniversary and it was heaven!

The conveinence of the monorail is amazing, it allowed us to come back in the afternoon and eat snacks at the lounge and swim then shower and head back out.

The view from the Poly beach is breathtaking! wishes from there as well!

Dole whip, Ohana, tonga toast all must haves!

Love the art and jewelery at Wyland Galleries in th GCH plus I love getting a sundress from Boutique to wearr to Ohana

Torch light ceremony is something I catch atleast once, reminds me of being in Hawaii again..

Our trip last yr was phenonimal(sp?) my fondest memory was falling asleep with DH in a hammock on the beach with the hawaiin music and the sound of the ferry in the background!

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

I have seen the Spirit of Aloha dinner show three times in the last 2 years. I will probably make it a ritual to do once a visit from now on. It is a great show. Food is very good as well.

I also took a motor boat out onto the Seven Seas Lagoon last trip right before the dinner show. It was amazing. Such fun. Speed is pretty fast too. I would do that again also.

I enjoyed shopping at Bou-tiki for resort specific merchandise.

Walking the beach at sunset. Watching the lights of the marina stretch over the water.

Grabbing a late night meal and eating at a table outside while listening to people have fun in the volcano pool.

Getting sushi at the sushi bar.

Those are some of the things you could do. You will love it.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

The Poly is a great resort and you will not want to stay anywhere else after your visit! My highlights:
-the beach, relaxing and beautiful with a view of the Magic Kingdom
-The relaxed atmosphere of the entire resort
-Light parade at night
-Motor boat transport from Magic Kingdom, if you time it right, the fireworks are awesome while your out on the water
-Monorail right at the resort (I luv the monorail!)
-A short walk to the TTC to catch a bus
-Fishing for bass in the lake
-Motorboat rental
-The volcano pool
-Kona Cafe (underated and delicious)

I could go on all day, I really love the Poly!:)

Upvote 0

dave&di

We had problems booking the building and view we wanted. Our travel company only did Garden view but said as we were going in Sept we would have 'no problems' in requesting on arrival (we wanted Taihiti for the castle view). But this was not to be! The receptionist was rather rude "you booked Garden view" with an unpleasant tone, so we were put in Rapa Nui. I'm not moaning! 3 days later we managed to upgrade (paid, not complimentary) to Taihiti building :) Lovely view!

As much as I enjoyed staying at the poly, my next visit will be to GF but I would certainly go back again.

Upvote 0

ElvisMickey

Best hotel EVER...Ha ha!

Try to eat at Ohana for dinner...awesome. However you will walk out stuffed. Oh yeah...and make it a point to see the Electrical Water Pageant. A true classic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom