Disney's other Activities

Do you participate in activities outside of the parks during your vacation?

• Total voters

DisneyRoxMySox

Usually, everytime I go to Disney I try to do something new. Whether it be biking, mini-golfing or taking a different tour. There are so many fun and interesting things to do outside the parks, just waiting to be taken advantage of.

MickeyLuv'r

The boardwalk is great! and then DD is great for the first/last day . Of course DQ is fun! - especially for the guys! I've done a little hotel hopping, but I sorta want to resist going to the ones I haven't been to yet until I can stay at them. The first time is always the best, plus, once I find a great place , I want to go back to it, and I can only afford to go for so long!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
longfamily said:
Has anyone ever done the horesback riding or segway?

If you do horseback (I think that is what you were referring to :lol: ), you will probably be disappointed as speed (lack of it) and time are highly restricted. It is a safe experience, but you can do much better at a ranch.

Segway on the other hand is outstanding. I suggest doing the earlier session to have the whole World Showcase to yourself. You get a good deal of time on them, really learn to control them, and have a real experience. One word of caution is that you won't be able to walk right for about a half hour after riding.

surfsupdon

We use bicycles and boats on every WDW vacation. We have gone parasailing before (which is great) and have fished quite a few times too, but not on those specialty tours, just by ourselves. Volleyball and tennis is played a lot too. We also mini golf and go to the BoardWalk and Resort hop in general. And laying around the pool is an all time favorite past time, as is sliding down the pool slides. :)

We have a very good time outside of the parks, and take advantage of more amenities with each return trip.

PrinceDon

More to do than can ever be done

We try to fit in a tour about every other trip, so far we have done Dolphins in Depth (Loved it), Behind the Seeds (Does that count?) & Keys To The Kingdom. This trip we are doing Hidden Treasures of World Showcase and possibly a tour by Jim Hill (Please don't hate me).
Of course we always spend a couple of late nights in DownTown. Enjoyed Pleasure Island once but we need our sleep to be able to handle the parks. Have tried DisneyQuest and only found a couple of things fun, but will try again in a couple of years.
We always have a couple of our bigger meals in the resorts and give ourselves plenty of time to explore the resort & the gift shops. We hit Ohana's & Boma's every trip. Have tried California Grill & Hoop-Dee-Doo, along with some of the smaller ones. This trip we are going to try 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Mediterranean Market for a lunch.
Whenever possible, we go between Thanksgiving and Christmas to kick off the holidays. This year we will be doing the Candlelight Procession and MVMCP for the first time.

Next Trip (19 days, 10 hours, 09 minutes):p

AEfx

Now that I've got an AP, I never do any of those other things really. I used to on first/last days where I couldn't get a whole park day in, but now I really don't get the desire. I love going to MGM for an hour or two the morning I leave, just to get a ride or 3 on the RnR, or grab some food at Brown Derby before I go - same for "first" days as well. It's kind of luxurious knowing you can go to the parks for a couple of hours and not feel guilty about "wasting" a pass-day.

I live a couple of miles from a beach (and as I'm sitting here at work I can see the ocean from my window) so the water stuff doesn't attract me - I can do it at home - and the sports stuff really doesn't attract me either, for the same reason.

I just love the parks - that's what it's all about for me. I'm not even a big Disney fan (cartoons, etc.), my love of Disney is with the themed experiences, shows, and rides. I know many people appriciate the other things, especially if they can't get them at home, but for me an hour a park is open and I'm not there is a sad, sad thing - and I avoid it at all costs. :)

AEfx, who has been known to resort hop for fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom