Disney's other Activities

Do you participate in activities outside of the parks during your vacation?

• Total voters

longfamily

Original Poster
Do you utilize any of the activities outside of the parks during your vacation stay? If so, what do you like to do?

Examples:

Miniature golf
Horseback Riding
Fishing
Regular Golf
Boating
Fireworks Cruise
Hay Rides
Biking (surry)
Petting Zoo
Children's Pirate Cruise
Children's Tea Party
Spa
Ect.....

MissM

You mean there's things to do outside of the parks? Huh. Who'd have thunk it? :p

In all seriousness, besides going to Pleasure Island a few times and seeing Cirque once, I never do any of the other things because I live two hours away and don't go out to Orlando generally unless it's to go to Disney for the day. We don't make a lot of multi-day trips out of it so there really isn't time for anything else.
-m

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We spend more and more time exploring the "other Disney" each visit.

We have been enjoying the various tours, the spa and gyms are a nice break. Heading out on the water in your own speedboat is a lot of fun. Then there is Cirque, Pleasure Island and the water parks. The water parks are a nice break in the middle of the visit to kind of decompress and take a vacation from your vacation.

Possibly looking to parasailing and fishing on our next visit.

doop

We stick to Disney, because I love that feeling of being in another magical world, so we usually just stay with everything in WDW.

SewIn2Disney

We try to explore some of the other resorts during our stay. Sometimes they can be just as much fun as the parks themselves. We also devote one night to exploring the boardwalk. We eat at Spoodles, go to the Bakery, do some shopping, and then take the boat to Epcot for Illuminations.
I've always wanted to do the parasaling over Bay Lake too. Seeing MK from up high must be awesome!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DOOP!

We stick to Disney, because I love that feeling of being in another magical world, so we usually just stay with everything in WDW.

Oh, but we are talking about staying in WDW, just with activities outside of the four parks...or regular access activities within the parks. I agree, while Seaworld and Universal are fine, I personally have no desire to leave the property. :D

longfamily

Original Poster
On our last rip to Disney I got really sick one night while we were there. Food poisoning :cry: , I'm positive that this was not the work of Disney. So the next day, I was still feeling icky so we didn't go to any parks that day. Instead, we took advantage of the other stuff that we used to ignore like boating and riding the Surrey (sp?) bikes. We had more fun doing this stuff! Luckily this was toward the beginning of our trip so we took advantage of sme other things as well. We had a spa treatment as part of our package so we scheduled that to be done on a specific morning so that our child could go on the Pirate cruise. It was so cute. They all put bandanas on their heads and got onto a pontoon boat. The boat had a Jolly Rogers flag and something like camo material on the sides. They stopped at several places on the 7 seas lagoon to search for "buried treasure" and when they made it back, they were all singing the Yo Ho song and growling ARR and had a bag full of candy and toy eyeballs and whatnot that they had found.
Disney also has a tea party and some type of children's cooking program too. I'm not to sure my boy would get into the tea party but he wants to try the cooking deal when we go back.

FanofDinsey1981

gary_flower said:
We normally go to the Miniature golf at Crossroads just out side WDW. Pirates Cove, just by TGI Fridays. Such a laugh :lol:

my family usually hits that once a trip, it is a blast! the final hole is my favorite!

but I am a mini-golf fanatic, so we like to take our DVC discounts over to one of the two courses at Disney and play a few rounds.

WDFAN1977

I have done the mini golf and cirque once. My next trip to Disney (July 05' :cry:) my wife and I are doing the platinum package specifically for taking advantage of all the other things Disney has to offer.

DisneyNme

I never really did any of the extras when i went on trip with my family, besides downtown disney, and pleasure island. But this trip we have a few other things planned. Were doing the luau at the poly, and Cirque du soliel, and i think were doing Chip and Dales Fire Thing at the wilderness campground. So im looking forward to my new experiences at WDW! 2 days and 21 hours left!!!!

longfamily

Original Poster
WDFAN1977 said:
I have done the mini golf and cirque once. My next trip to Disney (July 05' :cry:) my wife and I are doing the platinum package specifically for taking advantage of all the other things Disney has to offer.
You are going to LOVE that. We are big advocates of the platinum. The bad thing though, is once you do it once, you may never do it any other way again!!! Have a great vacation:D

Mom's the word

Exploring the "rest" of WDW is so much fun! My brother won't leave the parks for anything but we love to lobby hop, go to the boardwalk, minigolf, rent the surrey bikes and check out resort restaurants. This trip we're looking at fishing, campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness, renting a boat/canoe and looking into more restaurants at the hotels - exploring the food at WDW is an adventure of it's own. For us it all adds to the experience.

disneymoc

Even though the activities are outside the parks, it is still Disney.

I have parasailed, driven the water mice on Bay Lake, horse back ridden (sp?), miniature golfed and eaten at most of the resorts.

There is so much more to do at Disney than the parks. You could spend two weeks at the resort and still not do everything.

Nora

My husband and I really enjoyed DisneyQuest. We went there last December and for the first few hours we were there we had the place almost to ourselves. We are thinking about going back in January. Other than that, we always wander around Downtown Disney, and we like the Fantasia Gardens miniature golf course.

Been_There

So much time so little to see..Scratch that reverse it.

One of the main attractions for me to visit going to Disneyworld is DiveQuest. I am a Master Diver and have been diving all over the world, but I am always excited to Dive the Living Seas. It never gets boring, plus they give you a cool DiveQuest Tee-Shirt and some other fun stuff when your finished.

I have always wanted to do the Luau at the Polynesian but I must feed the Diving Monkey on my back.:hammer:

I must admit I have'nt been to any tours besides DiveQuest. I would like to do Dolphins in Depth one day although one time when I was diving in DiveQuest I noticed the dolphins cracking their faces on the iron to get at something, (I saw nothing around them) some strange rangers.

I have been to DisneyQuest a few times and my favorite game is...Hmmm

PurpleDragon

We usually do mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, my wife always loses at least 1 ball during the process.:lol:

I have rented the water sprites before, but don't think I will do them again, the throttle delimeter they have on them is so frustrating. With someone my size, those things won't go faster than 2-3MPH :( Booooorrriiiing!!:snore:
Its great for small kids, but for an adult, its just not fun.

My wife and I want to try the Spa one of these days, when we can save up the money to. :D

longfamily

Original Poster
I have been on the water mice in both lakes and the boats are significantly faster in the 7 seas lagoon. I was bummed when I did it the first time from the yacht club dock. Then On my last trip, We got them from the Poly and they didn't feel like they had any drag at all...plus there is just way more room over there and more to see (old river country :cry:).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom