Disneys new ad campaign "tomorrow starts today"

nickys

Premium Member
There’s is during normal times. If you reading comprehension was better you would see that I was referring to the current state of the union.
Ouch. That was unnecessarily harsh IMO. I’m not from the US but I have friends who are and who are planning vacations to many different places right now. Many that don’t involve flying anywhere, road trips whether local or farther afield seem to be popular.

HarperRose

There’s is during normal times. If you reading comprehension was better you would see that I was referring to the current state of the union.
I have fantastic reading comprehension, thanks. I am referring to the current state of the union. I'm sorry you are under the false impression that Disney is the only place available to vacation in the country. It's laughable anyone believes that.

Chi84

Premium Member
Ouch. That was unnecessarily harsh IMO. I’m not from the US but I have friends who are and who are planning vacations to many different places right now. Many that don’t involve flying anywhere, road trips whether local or farther afield seem to be popular.
The harshness was invited by the "LOL." Also, there was nothing in the poster's message that said they were under the false impression that Disney is the only place available to vacation in the country.

HarperRose

The harshness was invited by the "LOL." Also, there was nothing in the poster's message that said they were under the false impression that Disney is the only place available to vacation in the country.
You apparently missed their follow up post where that is exactly what they said.

Miss Bella

I have fantastic reading comprehension, thanks. I am referring to the current state of the union. I'm sorry you are under the false impression that Disney is the only place available to vacation in the country. It's laughable anyone believes that.
Ok where should I go that's at 100% capacity right now. BTW I've vacationed all over the US and world for that matter. It's laughable that you're not capable of civil conversation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This new ad campaign should say be more like this:

"Hey WDW fans, we've taken away the Dining Plan, Fast Pass, EMH, fireworks, shows, parades, entertainment, street performers, musicians, arcades, some restaurants, Magical Express beginning next year and the parks are crowded as hell but still come spend all of your money on our over priced hotels and tickets so we can make money!"

I think the only real people traveling are the DVC members who would otherwise lose points and local AP holders or people within driving distance.

I think is is disingenuous to send these ads out while having all these major cutbacks, especially when their competition at Universal continues to offer a lot more and at better prices. It's not like they can't bring back some of these options while being safe (Universal does), it's that they wont because it costs money

You mad, bro?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not true....I love it......I'm a DVC member and I bought in BLT the year it opened........It just angers me that Disney is removing all the perks that cost money while still trying to pitch it as business as usual
They’re cutting costs and giving you what they want in weird times.

I don’t like this...or really much of anything this “fantastic” management has done for years. They’re mostly living off the accomplishments/laurels of Those that preceded them...but they aren’t hiding what they’re offering.

It’s far reduced for the prices that people are paying. They have the right to question them. But they don’t.

If you feed an Animal...you can’t blame it for eating.

Miss Bella

Correct, Orlando is the number one vacation spot in the world and it's welcoming tourists when many places aren't....so there you go. I have a pretty extensive travel history and WDW is not my first or even my tenth choice.

Miss Bella

Yes, road trips have always been popular in this country, but I don't think that has anything to do with the original topic... which was Disney's demise. I don't see that happening. I think Disney will come out this just fine.

Giss Neric

I think is is disingenuous to send these ads out while having all these major cutbacks, especially when their competition at Universal continues to offer a lot more and at better prices. It's not like they can't bring back some of these options while being safe (Universal does), it's that they wont because it costs money

Universal can do it but Disney can't? Express Pass, Halloween nights, shows.....come on bro.........dont ignore the facts

No way....Keeps going up........I will just keep renting it out and use the money to go to Universal

Dude, if you prefer Universal then go to Universal geez!!! I don't why you have to rub it in our faces how Disney handles stuff.

Minthorne

I'm just hoping all theme parks (and really everyone) can eventually return to a state where we aren't concerned about a pandemic for another 100 years.

I'm wishing....

BTW - I always like Happily Ever After over Wishes because with Wishes, the expectation was that someone else filled your wish. With Happily Ever After, you had personal responsibility to got out and find it. That always ringed true with me. Let's all act together to find that HEA.

"The battles, the stories, the losses and all the glories
We're changed by the way we live every day
Just look up and reach to the sky
We all have the courage to fly"

eliza61nyc

Its called an opinion.......
Too many, WDW can do no wrong , people here.

Geeeeeze
not at all, I will admit that I am baffled to why people go places they evidently no longer enjoy? I've said it before, that if you go to Disney and all you can do is complain when you get back then it maybe time to consider another vacation spot.

I hate Jamaica (the country) went twice and had terrible vacations. that's it I'm done and will never go again. now me, I would never go onto a Jamaica fansite and kvetch non stop about how horrible it is. I guess it's the name "fansite" that becomes confusing.

That's the one disconnect imo. the other is this habit of calling those who still do like it by derogatory terms. so not only are people p.oed about the changes, you get p.oed that others do not agree.

Miss Bella

It's interesting to me that WDW is giving annual passholders priority over resort guests. I was looking at the Easter week there is no park passes for resort guests, but they're available for Annual pass holders. There's still a lot of discounted rooms available that week. You would think if disney was trying to keep resort capacity lower they'd just pull the discounts.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Dude, if you prefer Universal then go to Universal geez!!! I don't why you have to rub it in our faces how Disney handles stuff.

Dude if you can't handle the fact that Disney is taking advantage of its guests, then dont read or respond to the post.......These are the facts and if your feelings are hurt, go read a different forum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom