Disneys new ad campaign "tomorrow starts today"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Not if they're stuck in the AP tier because the resort guest tier is full.
Personally I’d be glad to have those three days if I were a resort guest and was blocked from access with another type of ticket. And if AP availability remained fluid, I could book another day as soon as I used the first one.

Miss Bella

Dude if you can't handle the fact that Disney is taking advantage of its guests, then dont read or respond to the post.......These are the facts and if your feelings are hurt, go read a different forum
So the guests are victims? No one is forcing them to go.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This new ad campaign should say be more like this:

"Hey WDW fans, we've taken away the Dining Plan, Fast Pass, EMH, fireworks, shows, parades, entertainment, street performers, musicians, arcades, some restaurants, Magical Express beginning next year and the parks are crowded as hell but still come spend all of your money on our over priced hotels and tickets so we can make money!"
Gonna need a larger billboard. Hope they don't charge by the letter.

the.dreamfinder

This new ad campaign should say be more like this:

"Hey WDW fans, we've taken away the Dining Plan, Fast Pass, EMH, fireworks, shows, parades, entertainment, street performers, musicians, arcades, some restaurants, Magical Express beginning next year and the parks are crowded as hell but still come spend all of your money on our over priced hotels and tickets so we can make money!"

I think the only real people traveling are the DVC members who would otherwise lose points and local AP holders or people within driving distance.

I think is is disingenuous to send these ads out while having all these major cutbacks, especially when their competition at Universal continues to offer a lot more and at better prices. It's not like they can't bring back some of these options while being safe (Universal does), it's that they wont because it costs money
“We need you guys to come back so we have money when Comcast decides to cash in its Hulu stake (currently around $10-15 Billion)”

Giss Neric

Dude if you can't handle the fact that Disney is taking advantage of its guests, then dont read or respond to the post.......These are the facts and if your feelings are hurt, go read a different forum
There is a difference between giving constructive criticisms and just hating. What you're doing is giving your opinion then inserting why is the other park doing this and why are they doing it better. If you have the opinion of them taking advantage of guests, then don't support and go to the place where you think suits you better, which is Universal and other parks. I think there are A LOT of threads here regarding criticisms about Disney's management which creates healthy conversations. This thread ain't going nowhere unless you open your mind too you know. You're just defending what you believe in.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
not at all, I will admit that I am baffled to why people go places they evidently no longer enjoy? I've said it before, that if you go to Disney and all you can do is complain when you get back then it maybe time to consider another vacation spot.

I hate Jamaica (the country) went twice and had terrible vacations. that's it I'm done and will never go again. now me, I would never go onto a Jamaica fansite and kvetch non stop about how horrible it is. I guess it's the name "fansite" that becomes confusing.

That's the one disconnect imo. the other is this habit of calling those who still do like it by derogatory terms. so not only are people p.oed about the changes, you get p.oed that others do not agree.
Reasonable, but hear me out... people come here looking for information to help them plan. I know I did, and I want to hear the bad news along with the good news. If someone's experience is tainted by issues with their hotel, or merchandise, or food service, or transportation, or grumpy security guards, I want to know about it so I can take reasonable precautions to avoid those issues. Now it may turn out that the poster's experiences were self-inflicted, and I can usually discern that through their posts. But in some cases, and I think we can all agree, there are instances of systemic problems or symptoms of institutional procedures that can and do impact guest enjoyment. I want to see how those affect other guests and add the benefit of their experience to my planning process.

So I think there's room here for the eternal optimists as well as the glass-half-emptiers.

eliza61nyc

Reasonable, but hear me out... people come here looking for information to help them plan. I know I did, and I want to hear the bad news along with the good news. If someone's experience is tainted by issues with their hotel, or merchandise, or food service, or transportation, or grumpy security guards, I want to know about it so I can take reasonable precautions to avoid those issues. Now it may turn out that the poster's experiences were self-inflicted, and I can usually discern that through their posts. But in some cases, and I think we can all agree, there are instances of systemic problems or symptoms of institutional procedures that can and do impact guest enjoyment. I want to see how those affect other guests and add the benefit of their experience to my planning process.

So I think there's room here for the eternal optimists as well as the glass-half-emptiers.
very true but op isn't talking from experiences or a problem he encountered (at least that's not how I read the original post). If someone wrote a trip report that isn't glowing and had multiple issues, I can totally understand that. And you're absolutely correct that some times useful information.
So I guess he/she is simply venting by all the cutbacks and how it may effect their vacation and mad because Disney has the gall to air an advertisement to encourage people to support their business :rolleyes: lol it's all good no harm no foul.

it's interesting though, I would never recommend this site as a useful tool for planning for a first timer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom