Disneys new ad campaign "tomorrow starts today"

TTLUTS

Original Poster

Yes I saw the report earlier today.....You're helping me prove my point..........

This is the week for spring break for both Osceola and Orange Counties, which are the districts in Central Florida that call Walt Disney World home. Both districts list March 15-19, 2021 as their spring breaks. Additionally, the Orange County School District calendar has March 12, 2021 as a student holiday/teacher workday.

Even if no other district in the entire United States had spring break that week, it would be incredibly busy at Walt Disney World due to those two local school systems. As we’ve seen time and time again in the last few years, holiday breaks in Orange and Osceola Counties have significant impacts on attendance at Walt Disney World. And in actuality, many other school districts around the United States will also have breaks coinciding with this same week.

*****This is from DTB

eliza61nyc

Yes I saw the report earlier today.....You're helping me prove my point..........

This is the week for spring break for both Osceola and Orange Counties, which are the districts in Central Florida that call Walt Disney World home. Both districts list March 15-19, 2021 as their spring breaks. Additionally, the Orange County School District calendar has March 12, 2021 as a student holiday/teacher workday.

Even if no other district in the entire United States had spring break that week, it would be incredibly busy at Walt Disney World due to those two local school systems. As we’ve seen time and time again in the last few years, holiday breaks in Orange and Osceola Counties have significant impacts on attendance at Walt Disney World. And in actuality, many other school districts around the United States will also have breaks coinciding with this same week.

*****This is from DTB
And they all have choices YET they still choose to go to Disney 😂. Lol

The rumors of Disney immenisnt demise is greatly exaggerated

Okay so I'll just say for the last ten years I've been here there have been predictions on how Disney was going to kill itself. I'd bet good money in 10 years the mouse will be alive and raking in the dough

TTLUTS

Original Poster
And they all have choices YET they still choose to go to Disney 😂. Lol

The rumors of Disney immenisnt demise is greatly exaggerated

Okay so I'll just say for the last ten years I've been here there have been predictions on how Disney was going to kill itself. I'd bet good money in 10 years the mouse will be alive and raking in the dough
Its not of it's demise....Maybe you missed the point of the title....this is for resort guests, not locals, like the ones going to the park

CntrlFlPete

Im not sure about the international part
we stop by Disney Springs every now and again. I've been under the impression that there are still a lot of International tourist moving through the area, I am sure much less than in prior years though.

eliza61nyc

Its not of it's demise....Maybe you missed the point of the title....this is for resort guests, not locals, like the ones going to the park
I apologize @TTLUTS . I think I am missing the point. I went and googled the latest ad campaign and truthfully it looks like the usually campaign ad. families planning vacations, mom and dad surprising their kids with vacations, yada yada yada.

Now all that stuff is still happening. I know of 3 non dvc members who are planning September trips. Truthfully I think we forget that not everyone is as "connected" and "enraged" with wdw as we here on this site are. no they are not following what's been cut etc. there is not a big righteous indignation revolt about to happen. I think the folks who had to cancel their trips in 2020 are simply waiting to rebook and I think more folks are waiting out the mask mandate then are in an uproar over the cuts.

This is just my perception, I don't have any inside insight.

Next as far as this year goes, many people are not expecting things at Disney to be the same, basically because NOTHING in our lives is the same. lol most as slap happy to be able to get out of their own four walls.
I get it, your are upset with all the cuts, now might be a good time to explore selling your dvc.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
we stop by Disney Springs every now and again. I've been under the impression that there are still a lot of International tourist moving through the area, I am sure much less than in prior years though.
United Kingdom citizens are currently barred from entering the United States.
The same proclamation that bans travel to the United States from the United Kingdom and Ireland also applies to the European Schengen area.

This ban includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Australia also has a travel ban out of country

TTLUTS

Original Poster
I apologize @TTLUTS . I think I am missing the point. I went and googled the latest ad campaign and truthfully it looks like the usually campaign ad. families planning vacations, mom and dad surprising their kids with vacations, yada yada yada.

Now all that stuff is still happening. I know of 3 non dvc members who are planning September trips. Truthfully I think we forget that not everyone is as "connected" and "enraged" with wdw as we here on this site are. no they are not following what's been cut etc. there is not a big righteous indignation revolt about to happen. I think the folks who had to cancel their trips in 2020 are simply waiting to rebook and I think more folks are waiting out the mask mandate then are in an uproar over the cuts.

Next as far as this year goes, many people are not expecting things at Disney to be the same, basically because NOTHING in our lives is the same. lol most as slap happy to be able to get out of their own four walls.
I get it, your are upset with all the cuts, now might be a good time to explore selling your dvc.
No way....Keeps going up........I will just keep renting it out and use the money to go to Universal

TTLUTS

Original Poster

3 non dvc members does not constitute a lot.....remember, Disney has over 35,000 hotel rooms to fill every night....alot of those remain closed for a reason, nobody is booking them due to restrictive travel

CntrlFlPete

United Kingdom citizens are currently barred from entering the United States.
The same proclamation that bans travel to the United States from the United Kingdom and Ireland also applies to the European Schengen area.

This ban includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Australia also has a travel ban out of country

I do understand this. FL has many visitors from south/central America. Last I heard, we had some 200+ variants. I know some countries banned travel but our GOV always kept things 'open'.

CntrlFlPete

It’d be nice. But international tourists aren’t.
FL is a melting pot so it can be hard to tell, but I do there is still travel between some countries.

It is (to me) a real shame that the reason for stopping travel appears to be to stop a variant that is already in the US and expected to be the main variant here, crazy the response is to limit our friends across the pond.

Parker in NYC

Nope. Lots of people who are not DVC members are going to WDW. Us included. Theres nothing wrong with Disney putting out an upbeat ad thats promoting their parks. Especially since we are starting to see progress in vaccinating throughout the country and people starting to feel more confident about the future. Yes there are many things not going on as in the past, but everyone recognizes that its Covid driven. So each family must make their informed decision whether a trip under these circimstances is worth it for them. Apparently its not for you. Disney is Disney and Uni is Uni. Each is operating their businesses as they deem safe. How they differ with crowds and distancing will be different. If Disney was operating as Uni listen to the outcry about how unsafe they are. A huge segment of people dont even want Disney open. And as far as pricing.... theres always going to be a pricing difference between the two, and if you cant afford to go Disney you have other options.
Especially since the missing components the OP mentioned have no bearing on the people going today. I guess Disney doesn't need to spend that extra money on entertainment, nighttime spectaculars, shows, etc. I doubt that even post-COVID, many will stop going because of needless things like those.

Where is style? Where is skill? Where is forethought? No one needs it anymore. Walt Disney Food Festival World.

Dave B

To Speak more on the point,

A WDW vacation is actually quite good value right now if your willing to stomach the COVID risks. Flights from most west coast cities are 20 to 30 Cents on the dollar as too November of this year. Not to mention most WDW Hotels are also at a big discount. From an overall cost perspective your getting a COVID discount to travel in this middle time when a low % of population is vaccinated and people are still weary. In 1 year from now leading to Summer of 2022, you will still not be fully back to a Pre Pandemic operation, yet the cost of going will be priced for a population with Herd Immunity, not Partial Immunity. If you do your homework and prepare well its actually a great time for a WDW vacation.
You are actually way off on the cost. Actually most WDW hotels ( that are open ) are the same price and even more in some locations than pre-covid, even with the 35% offer or the two free days, the rooms are very expensive, I really think you need to do some homework on this one, before you blast off on someone about things being less expensive, I have found flights really are not much different now either, we fly from Colorado and I have gone for$49 in the past one way and I cant find anything like that now for the summer or fall. I see $180 each way. There are some $49 for Apil, but that is what I have paid in the past

Dave B

So according to Disney they are sold out. All these people are not dvc members.

Truthfully I think folks here are simply mad that everyone is not branching pitch forks like they are.
I get it every one hates the price but the fact is there are a number of people who STILL find value in their Disney vacations
35% capacity? 25%?

Tabby1395

You are actually way off on the cost. Actually most WDW hotels ( that are open ) are the same price and even more in some locations than pre-covid, even with the 35% offer or the two free days, the rooms are very expensive, I really think you need to do some homework on this one, before you blast off on someone about things being less expensive, I have found flights really are not much different now either, we fly from Colorado and I have gone for$49 in the past one way and I cant find anything like that now for the summer or fall. I see $180 each way. There are some $49 for Apil, but that is what I have paid in the past
Dave,

I travel from Los Angeles and went mentioning West Coast Cities I was referring to LA,SFO,SEA,PDX,LAS , and when booking my April Trip explored the idea of going in November/ Late October. I am at work so could only gather snap shots for flights ( LAX to MCO ROUND TRIP), but as you can see it is quite a bit more expensive towards the later parts of the year vs right now. My point was the % of the Population that has been vaccinated today or Before May 31st will be far less then the % of Vaccinations issued after October 1st of this year. The airlines and Entertainment companies are factoring this into their algorithms hence my original point, good value to travel in the next 3 months vs the last three months of 2021. I did not state anything about travel cost for trips prior to March of 2020. My points are all for comparison for travel within the calendar year of 2021

Attachments

• MCO #1.PNG
    MCO #1.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 35
  • MCO #2.PNG
    MCO #2.PNG
    51.1 KB · Views: 31

NelleBelle

Dave,

I travel from Los Angeles and went mentioning West Coast Cities I was referring to LA,SFO,SEA,PDX,LAS , and when booking my April Trip explored the idea of going in November/ Late October. I am at work so could only gather snap shots for flights ( LAX to MCO ROUND TRIP), but as you can see it is quite a bit more expensive towards the later parts of the year vs right now. My point was the % of the Population that has been vaccinated today or Before May 31st will be far less then the % of Vaccinations issued after October 1st of this year. The airlines and Entertainment companies are factoring this into their algorithms hence my original point, good value to travel in the next 3 months vs the last three months of 2021. I did not state anything about travel cost for trips prior to March of 2020. My points are all for comparison for travel within the calendar year of 2021
I'll just add that when I went to book flights for our trip in April, the amount to fly 1st class on Alaska was not a whole lot different than what I would've paid (per ticket) to fly economy plus (or whatever they call it). It definitely was more than Alaska's discount fares where you don't get to pick your seat, but we absolutely wanted that middle seat blocked for Covid reasons and they don't block those seats unless you're in economy plus. We looked at the fares and you're basically paying for that middle seat. So we went ahead and booked 1st-class. That's the first time we've ever felt we could do that on a trip from SEA to MCO (direct nonetheless). And airfare all along the west coast seems to be quite a bargain at the moment (we fly exclusively on Alaska and we've never seen deals like they have had over the last 6-mo or so).

We also got a fairly reasonable price to stay at YC. It was low enough that I didn't hesitate to book there. All in all, I don't feel bad about our upcoming trip. Could we have saved staying offsite--yes. But that was not the purpose of this trip. It was to be onsite, close enough where we could walk to some parks if we wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom