Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Jobacca

This whole debacle was so weird to me-did anyone ever fully understand/explain what Disney was thinking with this? It seems like they were determined to change the name to "rebrand" the park,but had no idea what to rename it,spent millions on focus groups and marketing and the best anyone could come up with was Cineimagine Does that about sum it up? This is insanity,and if this is truly the best they can do,I hope it stays Hollywood Studios for a long,long time to come!

Last edited by a moderator:

Epcot82Guy

I think it's code - Disney Hollywood Short Term Unnecessary Distraction from IP Overload Syndrome...

(But glad Cinnabon Park is dead for now.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Speaking of the guest survey on which Cinemagine appeared...

Before the Internet pats itself on the back for tanking 'Cinemagine,' it should consider that maybe it was the survey that tanked it. The only reason why Disney had to announce it wasn't changing the name was because the Internet had it very wrong.

trainplane3

I’m not sure I would be so quick to trust Disney on this one. It wouldn’t be the first time they have made misleading/false statements in order to end/control speculation on things they are not ready to announce yet.
Didn't they (Iger?) state that Captain Eo would not return to the theaters in the parks after MJ's death, only for it to return 2 months after said announcement? I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

GladToBeHear

I thought the name change was to coincide with a complete revamp/upgrade of the park. Was this the case? And if so -- does this now mean that those upgrades are not happening? Obviously I'm not talking about SWGE, TSL, or the parking upgrades.

And BTW -- count me in the group that liked Hollywood Adventure. It's not a working studio. Or even a pretend one.

HMF

I thought the name change was to coincide with a complete revamp/upgrade of the park. Was this the case? And if so -- does this now mean that those upgrades are not happening? Obviously I'm not talking about SWGE, TSL, or the parking upgrades.

And BTW -- count me in the group that liked Hollywood Adventure. It's not a working studio. Or even a pretend one.
The upgrade is obviously still happening though the fact that they are not changing the name is going to make shuttering the Great Movie Ride look like an even dumber idea than it already does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom