Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Movielover

In less than 8 months, the number of rides in the park will just explode by 50% more!!!

7jvdb.gif

In all seriousness I'll probably be spending an entire day in Star Wars Land, they are going to have to drag me outta there!

deWild

Apostrophes missing. "The"s removed. Pretty soon, it will all just be one unique glyph, just like with Prince.

View attachment 230813

Do you do stand up? I’d pay to see you. Honest.

In less than 8 months, the number of rides in the park will just explode by 50% more!!!

They should include a disclaimer in their future advertisements: **50% was calculated using 4 rides as a baseline metric**

Now if MK grew by 50% more, whoa baby we’ve got a two-day Park!

RSoxNo1

I have been at DHS 3 separate times this week. On each day I was in and out of the park in less than 3 hours. At 8 PM last night, Toy Story Mania was a literal walk on.

Sam Magic

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with just keeping the current name. It will continue to be a park about entertainment and movies and have some parts with an idealized Hollywood theme, so why not Disney's Hollywood Studios?
It's the old trick constantly used in politics. Let something less than perfect hang on long enough for all the potential replacements to crash and burn so that nothing ever changes.

Goofyernmost

The backlot tour was really impressive when it opened though. I can't remember how long it took to go through the whole thing but it seemed like a very long attraction.
I agree, but, everyone is concentrating on RIDE. The Back lot tour was mostly a walking tour and the ride part was not a whole lot longer then it was at the end. A little yes, but, after Residential Street was removed, there wasn't all that much change to that part. Also, if I remember you didn't have to do the whole tour and there were a couple of places were you could just walk out and do something else. It seemed to me, and I could be wrong, that the ride part was pretty much the end of the tour. Don't really remember the sequence.

Goofyernmost

Imagine what it was like when there was 80 or so minutes of ride time, instead of the generous 15 it has now. :eek:

Of course ride time isn't everything. Neither is ride count.
I don't remember the exact amount of time for the entire tour, but, the ride part was never all that long. I used to always walk slowly through the areas where we were looking down through the big windows and seeing the sound stages below. Pretty much were TSMM is today.

The Empress Lilly

I have been at DHS 3 separate times this week. On each day I was in and out of the park in less than 3 hours. At 8 PM last night, Toy Story Mania was a literal walk on.
I loved this park so much. Even last year it rivalled EPCOT and the MK for me.

But the closing of GMR is the breaking point. The soul is gone. The back half of the park was already gone. But the front half of the park is now dead too. Almost unnoticed references to classic and non-Disney Hollywood have been stripped, from Sid Cahuenga to the AFI showcase to music played to tv Hall of Fame to the absense of the studio back half, which lessens the theme of the front half too. The front half feels like an empty shell now. The way FW still sorta looks like EPCOT but you feel something is not right and is gone.

I got in, did the four rides, did a show and was out in three hours. Quite devastated. :cry:

Phicinfan

I loved this park so much. Even last year it rivalled EPCOT and the MK for me.

But the closing of GMR is the breaking point. The soul is gone. The back half of the park was already gone. But the front half of the park is now dead too. Almost unnoticed references to classic and non-Disney Hollywood have been stripped, from Sid Cahuenga to the AFI showcase to music played to tv Hall of Fame to the absense of the studio back half, which lessens the theme of the front half too. The front half feels like an empty shell now. The way FW still sorta looks like EPCOT but you feel something is not right and is gone.

I got in, did the four rides, did a show and was out in three hours. Quite devastated. :cry:
Sorry you feel that way, but I have to disagree.

First, DHS was and is my favorite park. I love the atmosphere, and I love the focus not just on rides but on shows as well. I am hoping beyond hope that with SW:GE the experience of just walking through the land is as exciting as the rides, especially as they tie in how you did on the rides (my youngest and I have already decide we will just fly into a planet on Falcon ride just to see the reaction we get outside.....). I also am not as big a critic of the TSL as some here. It isn't as much as it could have been, but I love some of the adds it gave us for almost no loss of rides.

As for GMR, I am one of its biggest fans, and will really miss that ride. But...I am tickled at what I have seen stated by @Magic Feather and can't wait for it to open and see a truly dedicated ride to Mickey.

Honestly, one of my biggest losses is the drawing academy. My Daughter and I loved to do that every visit. I can't draw worth a lick, but she can and is in college for Art - and this made it possible for me to learn to draw those figures...it was great!!! Really hope it comes back in some form or fashion at some point.

But overall, I will still love this park and what it offers, just love the idea of being in the films.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Honestly, one of my biggest losses is the drawing academy. My Daughter and I loved to do that every visit. I can't draw worth a lick, but she can and is in college for Art - and this made it possible for me to learn to draw those figures...it was great!!! Really hope it comes back in some form or fashion at some point.

Last year, for the Epcot Arts Festival, they had Art Academy running (for free!). This year, Art Festival will be daily and not just weekends. So, good chance you'll have two months of Art Academy running daily at Epcot in 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom