News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

RaiseTheShields

Any details?

Soundstage 5 (Disney Junior) is supposed to have some offering beginning this week. Theatre of the Stars is also supposed to open soon but not with the same show. It’s more like the Pixar thing they did a few years ago but probably not with an orchestra.

I thought these were announced but I can’t find a source. Even I will take this info with a grain of salt.

Magic Feather

Soundstage 5 (Disney Junior) is supposed to have some offering beginning this week. Theatre of the Stars is also supposed to open soon but not with the same show. It’s more like the Pixar thing they did a few years ago but probably not with an orchestra.

I thought these were announced but I can’t find a source. Even I will take this info with a grain of salt.
“Non-equity versions” of select shows were on the table last I heard, and a modified Disney Junior would seemingly be easy to do this for.

If they end up doing something with Theater of the Stars, I’m assuming that would be because they want to use that venue (open air, lots of seating), not because B&tB is being requested to return.

DisneyOutsider

Even if you scrap boarding groups you will still have people coming early to line up. Only way to prevent this is to shut down the ride altogether. If you're someone who is okay with WDW being open in a spiking pandemic, then you have to be okay with what's happening in that picture as well. The other option of course is to pull back on the park pass capacity, but I think that train has already left the station.

jinx8402

Reducing the boarding group drops from 3 to 2 looks to be back firing. I think people see that as 1 less chance of getting a group, so more show up at opening. Not sure why they changed, but doing the 3 drops should have been kept, as it allows for them two spread out people coming in around opening and also allows for them to have 2 opportunities to see how the ride is operating for the day and adjust total groups given out.

YodaMan

I’ll back up your claims. Look for the first one tomorrow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since there's been discussion of a capacity increase, here's a mid-day report for Monday...

1595870417240.png

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My apologies if I’ve missed this somewhere... what’s the current situation for seating on MF:SR? One party per vehicle?

I know the single rider line is not active, are they putting singles in with other groups or do they get a private ride? (And if that, can you do both pilot roles as a single rider? How’s that work?)

i got to ride it all by myself yesterday. FINALLY got to be a pilot!!

BlackCauldron

They can avoid the Rope-Drop-VQ nonsense by opening up the electronic lottery the night before to everyone who has a reservation for DHS the next day.

Be great if resort guests with reservations at HS would just be automatically assigned a boarding group. Not sure if the ride could handle that capacity, but it would be a great resort perk - especially since pretty much all other on-site perks have been taken away.

Furiated

I was solo to the park yesterday and it's one party per vehicle. Had the whole thing to myself. I chose right pilot. I could still only control up/down.

The game reads that there's seats missing and Hondo mentions putting certain controls on auto pilot. It was fine, it probably did better than some people I've ridden with.

What if you pressed the activation button on the other pilot seat? Would it work or does it need that button pressed plus a body in the seat? Having the ship to yourself would be fun if you could run both pilot stations by yourself.

disneygeek90

What if you pressed the activation button on the other pilot seat? Would it work or does it need that button pressed plus a body in the seat? Having the ship to yourself would be fun if you could run both pilot stations by yourself.
It wouldn't work. Both seats have different controls and each control stick is only meant to go right/left or up/down.

Furiated

It wouldn't work. Both seats have different controls and each control stick is only meant to go right/left or up/down.

I know they have different controls. I was thinking that if you could activate both pilot stations, you'd be able to fly the ship properly. Being spread across two stations it would be a bit of a handful. So I don't know how practical it would be, just wondering out loud if it's possible.

I believe the seat belt has to be fastened as well. You won’t be able to even hit the activation button if no one is sitting in the seat to plug the seat belt in.

Ah, that would make sense. But you could just pull the seat belt across on that seat and click it in, then go to your seat.

We need someone to try this out. For science!

disneygeek90

I know they have different controls. I was thinking that if you could activate both pilot stations, you'd be able to fly the ship properly. Being spread across two stations it would be a bit of a handful. So I don't know how practical it would be, just wondering out loud if it's possible.

Ah, that would make sense. But you could just pull the seat belt across on that seat and click it in, then go to your seat.

We need someone to try this out. For science!
Yeah I don't even think I'd be able to really reach all the way over to the other area lol. That would be tough.

revancho

Asked to be engineer today by myself because I wanted to let the autopilot do it’s thing. Hondo said something like “Oh my. Just one engineer. I’ll see what I can do.” He sounded so defeated. It made me LOL.

Also, it might be worth noting that the listed wait time was 30 minutes at 6pm and I walked all the way to a cockpit.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Asked to be engineer today by myself because I wanted to let the autopilot do it’s thing. Hondo said something like “Oh my. Just one engineer. I’ll see what I can do.” He sounded so defeated. It made me LOL.

Also, it might be worth noting that the listed wait time was 30 minutes at 6pm and I walked all the way to a cockpit.
Same when I went on Saturday! Crazy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom