News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the reason they won’t do that is because because then everyone who didn’t win the lottery would decide not to go to Hollywood studios they day. They need more guests in the park than rise can accommodate.

You're discounting the cudgel of the reservation. People who have tickets paid for a day in a Disney park have to make a reservation days or weeks or months in advance. If they made the reservation for DHS for the following day, then, they can only go to DHS and no other park for the day... or, sit in their hotel room all day.

APers who have a reservation and don't show can lose their privilege of making reservations after a certain number of no-shows.

And how would not 'winning the RotR lottery' the night before be any different than being in DHS and not winning the RotR bang-on-the-server lottery?

Those with reservations are locked into the park. At least they know in advance that they do not have to show up an hour before the park opens for a chance to get onto RotR.

peter11435

You're discounting the cudgel of the reservation. People who have tickets paid for a day in a Disney park have to make a reservation days or weeks or months in advance. If they made the reservation for DHS for the following day, then, they can only go to DHS and no other park for the day... or, sit in their hotel room all day.

APers who have a reservation and don't show can lose their privilege of making reservations after a certain number of no-shows.

And how would not 'winning the RotR lottery' the night before be any different than being in DHS and not winning the RotR bang-on-the-server lottery?

Those with reservations are locked into the park. At least they know in advance that they do not have to show up an hour before the park opens for a chance to get onto RotR.
I am aware of the reservations, but I’m also aware that the number of no shows for reservations is already extremely high.

I do not believe they have activated any consequences for no-shows.

Obviously guests sitting in their hotel rooms are likely to still come, but a significant portion of attendance right now is locals and annual pass holders that can delay their visit.

It’s different because if you don’t when the lottery the night before you may choose not to go that day. If you don’t win once in the park you are already there and will likely continue to spend the day and spend money there.

techgeek

I am aware of the reservations, but I’m also aware that the number of no shows for reservations is already extremely high.

I do not believe they have activated any consequences for no-shows.

I've seen mention of this, but I can't find anything in official Disney communication to confirm that it's a thing. There's nothing on the park pass info page about no-shows. Does anyone have any idea what the 'certain number' is supposed to be?

peter11435

I've seen mention of this, but I can't find anything in official Disney communication to confirm that it's a thing. There's nothing on the park pass info page about no-shows. Does anyone have any idea what the 'certain number' is supposed to be?
It was rumored and talked about but to my knowledge was never officially instituted domestically.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Hmm... I can't find it either. Wonder where that came from?

rct247

And the reason they won’t do that is because then everyone who didn’t win the lottery would decide not to go to Hollywood studios they day. They need more guests in the park than rise can accommodate.

This. This is exactly why they don't do it the night before. If people reserved their park pass for DHS, then didn't get Rise, you would see a large chunk of Guests back out. Then you'd have a lot of last-minute openings, but those that grab them will be upset that they then didn't get the opportunity to even try. Would you want to pay the same price day of when you know you didn't have the chance to do the most popular attraction?

Sadly, I think the only way is to scrap the virtual queue and do a standard wait. The worst part is just knowing that after waiting in a 3-4 hour line, you are bound to be impacted by downtime and these days Disney isn't giving out fastpasses to come back, so you are out of luck either way.

The ride is fantastic but just has too many intricate parts that all have to function or it fails.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
1595990023002.png

1595990079793.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom