News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

YodaMan

Given the spread of COVID-19 indoors, this does seem to be a weak link in their safety protocols. That's a lot of people to put in one air conditioned room, even in masks.

Does anyone know if the pre-shows are running for ToT and RnRC?

Theater shows like MuppetVision are running so obviously they’re not concerned about the notion of the virus being airborne.

techgeek

Yeah that hype isn't dying anytime soon. There's a reason the boarding group thread was nearly 500 pages in 3 months lol

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this the first time that cast members have had any access at all to Rise? There were never the usual previews, and then I thought I saw they were blocked from using their ID to get in up until the closedown. I’m sure there was quite a bit of pent up demand there.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this the first time that cast members have had any access at all to Rise? There were never the usual previews, and then I thought I saw they were blocked from using their ID to get in up until the closedown. I’m sure there was quite a bit of pent up demand there.
I mean they were always welcome to spend $149 on a single day park ticket 🤣

gerarar

Premium Member
If I remember correctly, CPs were given the opportunity to ride ROTR the day or two before the parks closed, since their program would be coming to an end sooner than expected. Not exactly CMs, but still a nice gesture towards them.

jaques21

I was present today at Hollywood studios and must say CMs did a great job at distancing people and keeping track of people in stores and queues. The ROTR Queue was close to an hour, rerouting the line into overflow for muppets queue and back stage area but it was all due to making sure there was people 6 feet apart. The longest wait time for me was MMRR, and by the time i attended the ride the pre show was shut down and straight on to the ride. All other rides were walk on. It was great and the food service was awesome.

TrojanUSC

FT and PT CMs have two entry methods: their self-admittance pass, which is unlimited but has blackout dates, or the "comp" tickets which are issued several times a year (most CMs get around 4 tix/year). Since the comp tickets have no blackout dates, many CMs used one or more to visit the Studios during the blackout period to experience RISE.

hokielutz

Savi's becoming less than what it was.... is a real downer. It is quite a show and you get to be hands on with your lightsaber.
Praying this virus will get squashed with a vaccine in the not too distant future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah appears so. With the standby it's even more difficult to track. At least with the boarding groups we can tell when it's stalled for an extended period of time.
In addition, capacity is a lot lower than it would be usually (even compared to the less than stellar “normal” figure) and you have to figure in the cleaning schedule too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom